Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » Believe in Him but do not confess Him

Author Topic: Believe in Him but do not confess Him
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies.
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not read John 12:42, without thinking of Romans 1:16: (“For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”) How could anyone be “ashamed” of the gospel of absolute, complete truth and salvation? Yet, we see it happen, often in the form of “political correctness” and “group think” as a means to be accepted by peers and avoidance of conflict.

Remember the frustration you expressed some weeks ago about trying to talk about Jesus to others only to have the subject quickly changed? Political correctness is an enemy of truth.

In John 8: 1-11, the woman caught in the act of adultery was overlooked until it became politically expedient to use her against Jesus.

In Mark 11: 15-18, Jesus cleansed the temple of the money changers. The sin had become acceptable practice and the concern of the priests and the scribes were (again) primarily concerned over the reaction of the people instead of the truth.

Many more examples exist in the Scriptures and in today’s society. To yield to it is perilous. Revelation 3: 15-16 "I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth."

There doesn't seem to be much dispute over your questioning the salvation of folks who are ashamed of the Gospel.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's hard not to talk about someone you're in love with. People in love with Jesus want to talk about Him, and perfect love casts out fear.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 12:42-43 (NLT)
Many people did believe in him, however, including some of the Jewish leaders. But they wouldn’t admit it for fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue. For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.

-----------------------------
John 12:42-43 (King James Version)

Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

It looks to me that this is still a huge problem today. I believe there are multitudes of people attending churches today and many believe in Jesus but they never come to know Him because of the religious machine that wants to bring glory to it's self. I think the leaders for the religious machine are afraid if the people actually come to know Jesus Christ then they will not have control over them and the leaders will not get the glory they seek.

We need to remember that it is all about Jesus and not about us. If someone points to who they are or what they do in stead of who Jesus is, then be very cautious of them. All who know and love Jesus Christ will point you to Him and give Him the glory for anything Jesus does through them.

So the question is do you believe that these people that believe in Jesus but do not confess Him are saved?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement