Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » Separated?

Author Topic: Separated?
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi phillip!

Thank you. Isaiah 53 is a great prophecy. I imagine this is one that Jesus carried in His heart for most of His life.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on board with the discernment that the Christ was somehow separated from the Father for some point in time and have always attributed Jesus' cry from the cross in Mark 15:34 as evidence. There may also be some evidence of this in Isaiah 53:12.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've all been wrong many times. Otherwise we would be something other than human.

I agree with your take. I believe this is what distressed Jesus, more than the physical punishment did.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimbarn
Advanced Member
Member # 7053

Icon 16 posted      Profile for jimbarn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lady,
I believe the Father and Holy Spirit had to turn away because at this time my/our sin was poured upon Jesus and God cannot look upon sin.
This is my take and I have been wrong many times before.
This is why I am 'a recovering pharisee'!

Jimbarn [Smile]

Posts: 43 | From: Unicoi,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Our Lord Jesus is a member of the Trinity. But during the brief time that He took on the sins of the world, was He separated from the Father and the Holy Spirit?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement