Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » Know How To Interpret The Present Times

Author Topic: Know How To Interpret The Present Times
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 14 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point Carol! So often we fall victim to the sin of pride and mistake our abilities to split atoms etc. for wisdom.

Deut. 9:11-14 “Take HEED LEST YOU FORGET the Lord your God, by not keeping his commandments and his ordinances and his statutes, which I command you this day: lest when you have eaten and are full, and have built goodly houses and live in them, and when your herds and flocks multiply, and your silver and god is multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied, then your heart be lifted up, and you FORGET the Lord your God,”

Deut. 9:17 “Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’

Deut. 9:20 “Like the nations that the Lord makes to perish before you so shall you perish, because you would not obey the voice of the Lord your God.”

It’s very tempting and justified to look at these verses and think how easily it applies to the U.S.A. Perhaps it’s smart to apply this lesson internally as well. When life is good, it’s easy to take for granted, as if good fortune was earned and deserved by my own devices. When life is not good, it’s normal to nervously turn to God to control and set straight what I cannot. If normalcy is not restored, I am impatient. When normalcy is restored, I am slow to be grateful.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 12

56 You fools! You know how to interpret the weather signs of the earth and sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the present times.

Now they can split atoms and walk on the moon, but they still don't know how to interpret the present times!

[rapture]

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement