Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » out on a limb...

Author Topic: out on a limb...
phillip tidwell
Advanced Member
Member # 6966

Icon 14 posted      Profile for phillip tidwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your experience is so uplifting and undoubtedly something with which all of us can identify. One of the most difficult prayers I have is to forgive my enemies and then to go way beyond that and love them.

Matt. 5:44-45: "But I say to you, Love your enemies and prary for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

I can't do this on my own. And just between you and me and everybody else on the worldwide internet, I do not want to. It is only possible for me through my confident faith in God's holy word.

God bless you for sharing and encouraging the rest of us.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Melina,

I understand what you mean about the fear. When someone seems to always treat us with arrogance and hostility, we can only think they will keep doing that even if we come in peace. You did a brave thing in obedience to the Lord.

Maybe your good work will begin softening thier hearts so the Seed of His Gospel can someday be planted there.

God bless you!

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melina
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very happy today because all week the Lord has been teaching me about forgiveness and impressing apon my heart the need to forgive two people specifically. But more than just to forgive... to treat them lovingly regardless of whether or not they return the feelings.

I liked what it said in Luke about not being concerned that your enemies might not repay you and I realise that the verse applies to relationships as well as possessions. I made a move, a few days ago, at reconciliation between the aforementioned couple despite the fear that my efforts may not be repaid, though this is what had kept me from attempting this in the past.

I feel that the Lord is affirming my decision to put myself out on a limb by being loving and forgiving regardless of the cost. As a human being I thought I was supposed to stand up for my rights... as a Christian I now realise I need to surrender them and place Christ on the throne of my heart instead of myself.

I praise God for teaching me this lesson. I only wish I'd known this before I caused so much antagonism by defending myself and sticking to my rights. I had asked God what to do but I had no answer. Now I feel that my heart was full of anger and my mind so worldly that I would not have heard even if He had tried to tell me. Praise God for His longsuffering! [clap2]

Posts: 4 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement