Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » March 5

Author Topic: March 5
Daddy Raptor
Advanced Member
Member # 6975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Raptor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all my years at Tenn. Temple Univ. and all the chapel and church speakers I was privileged to hear, Dr. Warren Wiersbe was my favorite Bible teacher!
Posts: 21 | From: Jonesborough, TN | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to comment on something Warren Wiersbe stated about today bible reading in Mark 12. He stated, "To Jesus, the answer to every question was in the Scriptures and not in man’s own thinking (Isa. 8:20; see Mark 10:19; 12:10)."

Which is something I think we each should keep at the top of our list. We need to look to the scriptures ourselves and know them. We should never listen to a teacher and not compare what they say to the scriptures. If they are saying something contray to the scriptures, throw it out as it is not from God.

I also like how Warren Wiersbe points out what Jesus was saying:

He referred them to Ex. 3:1-12 and drew the logical conclusion that since Jehovah is the God of the living, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were alive. There is life after death and therefore a hope of future resurrection. But resurrection is not reconstruction and the continuation of life as it now is. God’s children will not become angels, for we shall be like Christ (1 John 3:1-3); but we shall be like the angels in that we will not marry or have families. It will be a whole new kind of life.

Just some food for thought,
David C

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Read
 Listen

Numbers 4:1-5:31

Mark 12:18-37

Psalm 48:1-14

Proverbs 10:26

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement