Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The One Year Bible   » February 1

Author Topic: February 1
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was was good and went with this reading.

----------------------------------

'THE FOCUS'

Do you ever look down the road of life and become a bit overwhelmed at all the tasks, changes, expectations, responsibilities and challenges?

Whooeee...I sure do!!! And then, I begin to fret and worry and think..."Oh, I need to do this!" "I had better be preparing for that!" And before I realize it - - my life is in a panic mode!!

I wonder if Moses felt this way when God called him to lead the Israelites out of captivity? Think about this...God says, "Hey, Moses! Why don't you get things ready and lead the Israelites out of their bondage and into a dry and barren wilderness. Oh, and you might want to pack some extra supplies to take along on this journey for these 3.5 million people."

Did you ever stop and realize that . . .
Just to feed that many people would have required 1,500 tons of food each day!
Moses would need 4,000 tons of firewood each day just to cook the food!
Moses would need 11,000,000 gallons of water each day!

And, what about a campground? There were no KOA or Good Sam campgrounds nearby with an inground pool and mini-golf course! In fact, to camp out for the night would require an area about two-thirds the size of the state of Rhode Island!

And, to top it all off...they have to cross the Red Sea!! If they went double-file, the line would have been 800 miles long and would have required 35 days and nights to get through!

Now - - do you think Moses calculated all this before he accepted God's call and stepped out in faith?

Probably!

But what it all boils down to is this - - - MOSES BELIEVED GOD!!

Hmmm! Do you and I need to stop calculating the risks in life and step out in faith?
Does your church need to stop looking at the challenges and start trusting?

What God calls us to, He will provide the resources necessary to complete the task!!

As individuals and as His church...let's be like Moses...STEP OUT and BELIEVE!!

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

'THE FOCUS' is a weekly email devotional prepared by:
Dennis J. Wheeler, Pastor
Abingdon, Virginia

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Read

Listen

Exodus 13:17-15:18

Matthew 21:23-46

Psalm 26:1-12

Proverbs 6:16-19

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement