Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Making our own way to Heaven

Author Topic: Making our own way to Heaven
wincam
Advanced Member
Member # 14085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wincam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whatever else you do first make sure you understand what the unforgiveable sin is and why it is unforgiveable - wincam
Posts: 89 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Json_83
First Post
Member # 14176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Json_83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think that people that believe and as a result of their belief, obey, are going to hell? Those who repent are not cleansed?

Matthew 7;23 describes unrepentant 'Christians". They thought they were saved but were not.

Hebrews 5;9 says
And having been perfected he became the author of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

So to believe is to obey as far as I can tell but the Bible tells me only God can saved you and allow you to believe, nothing I can say or do can convince you that belief involves accepting his authority and threats.

--------------------
Hebrews 5;9

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a child in Sunday School and learned about how the Jewish people became involved and married people outside their faith that worshipped wooden and golden idols made with human hands. As the Jewish people became influenced by these people and as they lost their faith in God, they to, began making their own idols and worshipping them. I wondered as a child, how could people worship something that they made with their own hands and actually believe that object could answer their prayers.

Over twenty years later, I read on the cover of a magazine how Goldie Hawn was such a spiritual person. I always admired her for her beauty, her talent, and her energy. I bought the magazine. The article talked about how she had traveled the globe and researched many religions. She them wrote down all the things she liked about each religion and left everything out of each religion that she did not like and formed her own religion, from many religions. I remember God telling me that what she did was no different than making wooden idol. There was no saving power in a religion that you create in your mind just like praying to the coffee pot won't save your soul.

Today it is popular for people to form their own spirituality, their own beliefs, thinking that they can map out their own way to Heaven. Jesus, Himself, told us the way to Heaven:John 14: 5Thomas said unto him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way?
6Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.
John 10:7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus says to the person trying to enter Heaven another way is a thief and a robber. John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

While we as human beings may admire people who put so much effort in trying to form their own way to Heaven, their work is in vain and sadly all their effort will lead them to is an eternity in hell. Some say: "I don't believe in hell". But what we believe does not change God's reality.

What we do not see as when we try to make our own way to Heaven, what we are actually doing is being arrogant. We are telling God that while it was nice that He left His throne in Heaven to come to earth to live and die as a man for our sins, that His effort was not needed. They we know better then Him. We don't need His salvation plan. We can form our own. We are the making ourself God in our own eyes. We may live this life secure in our salvation plan and we may even be at peace about it. But our salvation plan will not allow us to step into Heaven's gate and we will spend an eternity in hell, wondering how we could have been so arrogant and how we could have rejected the one true salvation plan, Jesus Christ.

My prayer is that everyone who is on their own path to Heaven, will see the truth and open their heart to accept Jesus as their Savior. The only true way to Heaven.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement