Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » REAL APOSTASY

Author Topic: REAL APOSTASY
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kornelius:
If a man or woman thinks they know Jesus but don't actually KNOW him or want to know him they will either run for a thousand and one reasons they concoct or they will stand in opposition to you. The later, apart from the obvious, will often take a passive aggressive approach where there is an attempt to stab you in the back while using a language that endeavours to pass as pious.

I have experienced this through the years with a variety of claimants. The Apostle Peter in his second letter refers to them as springs without water and mists driven by a storm.......they promise freedom while they themselves are slaves of depravity

Well then stop doing it, then accusing others. Those that actually KNOW him don't talk in circles. They understand the simplicity that is in Christ and do not present themselves as stars a wandering.

Also your experiences are dust in the wind and carry just about as much weight.

The Word of God is eternal.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Your fleshly "actually" has nothing to do with Spiritual Factuality.
[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kornelius
Advanced Member
Member # 15448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kornelius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a man or woman thinks they know Jesus but don't actually KNOW him or want to know him they will either run for a thousand and one reasons they concoct or they will stand in opposition to you. The later, apart from the obvious, will often take a passive aggressive approach where there is an attempt to stab you in the back while using a language that endeavours to pass as pious.

I have experienced this through the years with a variety of claimants. The Apostle Peter in his second letter refers to them as springs without water and mists driven by a storm.......they promise freedom while they themselves are slaves of depravity

Posts: 70 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB agrees with KnowHim. What's wrong with that?

What was it like when you were here?

The main server crashed some time ago, and this site was down for months while David worked to rebuild about 100 different sites. When this BBS finally came back online it was never really busy again.

Before it crashed though, we used to have a lot of debates here. Some of them became really rowdy and even down-right rude, (which is discouraged), but in the end everyone remained friends. The debates gave everyone the opportunity to present the evidence for their beliefs. Even though we're all Christians, we often have different beliefs about various details. No one here agrees with everything other people say. The only people who left the forum were ones who were discredited for trying to teach false doctrine.

I also think that KnowHim and WildB are right:

quote:
" If one is not strong enough in Scriptural background, it is probably best if one leaves them alone and sends them packing."

The only thing I would add is that Mormons and others who use only their only versions of the Bible should be encouraged to read the true unadulterated version of the Holy Scriptures.

What more can be said about this?

Matthew 13

24Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25“But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away. 26“But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also. 27“The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28“And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’ 29“But he said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30‘Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The person above seems to think it's over.
This forum has wholesale changed from the years I was here. What happened?

Posts: 81 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is for all Christians and seekers according to the BBS rules.

Just because a person has a different opinion about something doesn't mean that you aren't welcome here.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand now, this is a platform for you and Carol only. Sorry to have interfered.
Posts: 81 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KnowHim:
" If one is not strong enough in Scriptural background, it is probably best if one leaves them alone and sends them packing."

I agree with this.

No other reply needed nobel. KnowHim nailed it.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

only one reply; does no one else have any opinions? I remember when this was an active forum, now nobody talks. -----how sad.
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I agree with this.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Instead of slamming the Believers of Christ through Scripture may we do well to look at the apostasy of religions who take different writings and call them scripture. I speak of Jehovah Witness and Mormonism. also included could be Christian Science. There are other splinter groups too, but these are the main problems.
I am reminded of this as just before Christmas two Mormons came to my door proclaiming the they believe in Christmas too. Well I did offer to discuss with them What actual Christianity was about, but they will have none of that. Nice thing about Mormonism is they are changeable and through the centuries [ two] they alter their beliefs to coincide with Christians albeit very slowly. Needless to say they quickly left.
Now does one continue to witness to them or just send them on their way? If one is not strong enough in Scriptural background, it is probably best if one leaves them alone and sends them packing.
What opinions do you all have?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement