Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Thegod of this world

Author Topic: Thegod of this world
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

There are stories about people in cults, and even Muslims, who have come to the truth because they "just knew" in their hearts that something was missing.

quote:
Your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions,” asserts the promise of God from the book of Joel.

Yet some of those men reportedly seeing visions and dreams are neither Jews nor Christians … but Muslims.

What’s more, Middle East evangelists report the dreamers are coming to Christianity because of their visions of Jesus.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/visions-of-jesus-appearing-to-muslims/#weio7TSzxwiUAiHT.99

Escape From The Iron-Fisted Worldwide Church of God Cult into The Power and Freedom of Jesus Christ!

quote:
Little did I know it was the Holy Spirit drawing me to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, the Gospel, our salvation and the forgiveness of sins that weighed so heavy on me!
http://joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/escape-from-the-iron-fisted-worldwide-church-of-god-cult-into-the-power-and-freedom-of-jesus-christ/
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Carol. Not everyone who meets in a building is deceived. But I do believe that everyone who meets in a building with it leaders being false teachers are deceived and need to get out of that building. The problem now a day is that too many false teachers have taken over the church buildings and are deceiving way too many people. We need to be very careful when referring to the Church, as it is surely not a building.

John MacArthur seems to be hitting on some of this in his current messages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXGyWWTVeoQ

It seems to be very hard to warn people of this problem because when you mention church building people get very offended, very quickly. So to me the god of this world has really invaded the church buildings deceiving multitudes of people and keeping them deceived as they depend on the people leading in the church and never come to know Jesus Christ for themselves.

Like the last statement in the post: " So, that means, if you can not find God within your self, you will not find Him in any man made building, Temple, Church, Ministries, Religions or religious groups."

We should point people to Jesus not a church building. When they find Jesus then they will be safe to peruse fellowship in a building.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noble:
I am wondering as I peruse this post, the participation here is lukewarm, What happened?

Don't really know. You have any ideals?

Guess people think you can talk about the bible and never disagree. But it just don't happen. We just have to learn together and pray for each other rather then giving up and leaving because someone don't agree with everything you say. Just my 2 cents. grin...

I know I often offend people, but I really don't mean to, just my personality. I've tried to change just isn't happening.

I have noticed when people really start talking about the real truth in the bible. When people just don't listen to everything people like to add to the bible. Some people just don't want to know the truth and leave and go to a place where they can hear what they want and not have to deal with the truth.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noble
Advanced Member
Member # 11022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering as I peruse this post, the participation here is lukewarm, What happened?
As for this post, I am trying to figure out what this writer is saying.
The Church is the Ecclesia or gathering, not the building. This gathering is a group believing in the Lord Jesus as messiah, and Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. This author seems to bring up a lot of Scripture but dances around the perimeter of the post. I trust he will be back and explain himself.

Posts: 81 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes it sound like everyone who meets in a building is deceived and bad. That simply is not true. Every group of Christians, whether they meet in a huge building with TV cameras or in a small town church, every group has it's share of true believers among the professing ones. Wheat and tares grow together.

I can think of several famous, popular preachers who teach (or taught) the true Word - Charles Spurgeon, Charles Stanley, Max Lucado, and John MacArthur to name a few.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sajang
Community Member
Member # 7732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sajang   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The God of this World.
Another shocking revelation!
The Bible also calls the devil the “god of this world” This is what 2 Corinthians 4:4 states: “In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel…should shine unto them.” Satan blinds the world to the true gospel for his personal reason. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived.
He wants humanity, collectively and individually, to think that all the problems in this world is All Gods (YHWH) fault.
People need to wake up to the deception—the mass delusion—of a supposed Christianity that denies virtually all the PLAIN TRUTHS of the Bible!
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
And quit interpreting GOD’s Words for your own behaviors, because, satan was the first interpreter to Eve, Eve to Adam and now we are copying them.
I ask only what follows now, that you study it prayerfully and with an open mind. Then, judge it on the basis of the Scriptures and your own spiritual convictions.
John 12:31 Jesus Christ refers to Satan as “the prince of this world. “Why? Because this world is his! [satans] Paul’s inspired statement reveals that he is literally its “god.”
Revelation 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels (demons) with him.
If someone will not receive these words as being true, then they are actually calling God and Jesus Christ liars. They are saying that their testimony is not true!

Make no mistake about this: Acts 7:48 and Acts 17:24-25 because the Most High doesn't live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says.
Where then is Gods dwelling place?
Read this:
1 Corinthians 3:16-19 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys [any which way] God's temple,
God will destroy him/her; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple. 1 Corinthians 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Therefore Honor GOD with your body

Take this verses for exactly what He said, neither adding to, nor taking from it,
Or interpret it like satan did to Eve.
And guess what ? ……. Who than live and preach in this human hand made temples, churches, buildings, etc. [Satan of course.] because he is the god of this world. He preaches the anti Christ Gospel through his ministers from this locations ( human hand made Temples, Churches and Buildings).
2Cor.4:4 and Revelation 12:9 and 2 Thessalonians 2:4
Yet, the Lord strictly warned: II Corinthians 11:13-15, where Paul wrote, “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people.
Matthew 7:15-23 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness…” 2 Peter 2:1 and 2 Timothy 3:13
This is the plain truth from your Bible! Man’s civilization, with its cultures, ways and systems, is under the control of the devil! Yet, it is true that Satan’s ministers appear to be the ministers of God, [the bad God Satan or the good God YHWH ?] The devil uses them as instruments for spreading a false gospel about the Person of Jesus Christ.
Do you believe Gods Word the Bible,? Or do you believe the ministers of this world who virtually suggest, with their ideas about the Temple of God, that Christ was misleading or did not know what He was talking about?

As a side note: I'm going to jump on all churches here. Anybody can buy a building and hang a church sign in front. Does this make the building a church? Of course not! What makes a building a church? Nothing! A building can NEVER be a church.
(1Cor 3:16-20) A true church is when born-again believers congregate together in Jesus' name (building or no building).
A WARNING to you all ! Jeremiah 51:45 Come out from among her, My people! Save your lives, each of you, from the LORD's burning anger.

Luke 10:16 The one who listens to you ( that is me ) listens to Me (this is Jesus), and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me."

Check this; Satan does not talk directly to human beings. He works through his servants—his ministers! Preaching false gospel from the temples, churches, building made by human hands. Believers are so carnal that money has become the big issue. Listen carefully! Anyone who claims to be of God and speaks about money more than other things, get away from them! It's a shame then so many sinister ministers use God as a crutch to put food in their belly, a roof over their head and clothes on their back. And they are going to the extreme by living Lavishly. This thing of tithing is sickening.
And the result, scammers are taking advantage to get rich fast in Gods name.

Notes:
SIX TOP Evangelists ; Living High on the Hog, 10.5 Million Dollar Mansions, Lear Jets, Rolls-Royces etc. From Donated Moneys:

“This has got to be an OUTRAGE FOLKS! People just never learned anything from Jim Bakker they must be blind or naive, getting suckered/conned in supporting LAVISH lifestyles for undeserving CROOKED men and women who preach in the name of God for their personal fortunes. Looks like a bigger Tulsa Oklahoma’s Oral Roberts University Connections.”

Acting on tips about preachers who own Mansions, Lear jets ride in Rolls Royces from donated moneys. This well-known ministers are guilty for violating 1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
What is my reward then? He had no earthly wages. What then? That he should have the satisfaction of knowing that, for the sake of the gospel, he gave up his right, and preached freely. If he was accused of mercenary motives it might interpose a hindrance and for
scamming and fraud .

Those under scrutiny include faith healer Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Georgia megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar and one of the nation's best known female preachers, Joyce Meyer. For as much as religion hinders our society, I don't think there is much worse than people like Osteen. He extorts money from people looking from hope. He is praised for not making references to the fire and brimstone teachings of the Bible which translates into him cherry picking what will get him the most money. He gets a tax exemption as he makes millions by taking advantage of people looking for God to Worship There is just no excuse for scum like this.
Psalm 140:3 They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips. This means all denominational Christendom that is part of the world of exploiting each other for selfish gain

Quote:
1 John 3:8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 16:11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world (satan) now stands condemned
1 Timothy 6:5 These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.
2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.
Matthew 15:14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

James 1:22 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves

2 Peter 2:1
You would be well advised to stay away from this churches, religions, ministries, and religious groups build by human hands, as they are all controlled by central governing bodies; they are all controlled by men and ,under influence of the god of this world (satan) Remember, Jesus Christ’s biggest challenges came from the organized churches of his day, and it was the religious leaders who had him murdered by the Romans. You cannot and will not defeat the devil by constructing more churches. If you follow the blind, you will both fall into the ditch. You will not find God in any church, organized religion, centrally controlled group, denomination, or ministry, because God dwell not in temples made with human hands. Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues. for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes." Hosea 4:9, 'And what the priests do, the people also do.' So now I will punish both priests and people for their wicked deeds

So, that means, if you can not find God within your self, you will not find Him in any man made building, Temple, Church, Ministries, Religions or religious groups.
1 Corinthians 3:16-20 and Acts 7:48 and Acts 17:24

[hyper]

Posts: 10 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement