Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Hum? A letter from Kent Hovind?

Author Topic: Hum? A letter from Kent Hovind?
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fired off a letter to him today.

Kent Hovind #06452-017
Fed. Prison Camp
PO Box 9000
Berlin, NH 03570

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Free Hovind:
FreeHovind.com is dedicated to Kent Hovind - A prominent Creation Science speaker, debater, and evangelist. On January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for tax related charges. Hovind's wife, Jo, was later sentenced to 2 years. This site is the creation of an unaffiliated individual to help share Hovind's materials.
- See more at: http://freehovind.com/index#sthash.IqFiYuyZ.dpuf

He has changed his pre trib beliefs. Which aint a big deal to me. All his other teachings are point on. For his theory is flawed in that it sets a date for the rapture by using the darkening of the moon. He left out Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. and Psalms 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHkzASX2d6Q
Published on Jan 5, 2013
II Peter 3 says the scoffers will be "willingly ignorant" of the creation, the flood and the coming judgment. I preached for years on the first 2 but wasn't sure of my position on the third. Several years ago I was forced by the evidence to abandon the pre-trib rapture idea I held for 40 years. I sure WISH it were true-but it's not. Jeremiah's fellow prophets sure WISHED bad times and captivity were not coming as well (Jer 18-25)! But they were. My book on the topic is nearly done but has had incredible opposition from Satan! Oh well, that's his job for now I guess. Anyway, we WILL be here for the tribulation but NOT for the wrath of God which falls IN the "Day of the Lord." The Day of the Lord, mentioned hundreds of times, has two parts-wrath and blessing. We are raptured out IN the "Day of Christ" right AFTER the "sun and moon go dark." Read the passages about that in Isaiah 13:10; Joel 2:31; 3:15; Mt 24:23-31; Mk 13:24; Lk 21:25 and Acts 2:20 and it becomes clear! The sequence is: Dan. 9:27 treaty to build the Temple, 3.5 years of "falling away", treaty is broken, anti-christ revealed, 3.5 years of great tribulation, sun and moon go dark, rapture, 1040 days of wrath (2300, Dan 8:13- 1260=1040), return on white horses for Armageddon, 1,000 yrs of blessings, Great White Throne Judgment (Rev. 20). How could I miss it for 40 years!!! We will see the first 5 seals of Rev. 6 and be raptured out when the 6th one is broken and the sun and moon go dark (v. 12-13). This will be a GREAT time to win crowns! (IF we are faithful even unto death!-Rev 2-3)

Kent Hovind #06452-017
Fed. Prison Camp
PO Box 9000
Berlin, NH 03570

Florida Senator Marco Rubio 407-254-2573

www.infowars.com
famm@famm.org
fedcure.org
prisontalk.com

www.2peter3.com

The Kennel by Elijah Green

www.creationtoday.org

Paul Hansen
pauljjhansen@hotmail.com
402-957-2853

Lora_holm@yahoo.com
John cpthilton@yahoo.com
Category
News & Politics

This is what Forbes had to say about the Government's case against Kent.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/09/28/has-kent-hovind-given-up-fight-against-irs/

Hum? The business aspects of DAL are the source of Kent Hovind’s tax troubles.

Two Aspects

Many accounts of Kent Hovind’s travails conflate two separate issues. One is his civil tax liability and that of his wife. According to the Tax Court decisions in their cases, it appears that they were not filing income tax returns based on the theory that everything belonged to their ministry. The negative outcome in those cases mean that the Hovinds owe a lot of taxes, penalties and interest, but that is not why Kent Hovind is in prison.

The crimes Hovind was convicted of concerned the payroll tax returns for the employees of the ministry and “structuring”. Structuring, in this case, is the practice of systematically dealing in amounts of cash somewhat less than $10,000 in order to avoid reporting requirement. There were 57 counts covering those two matters. There was a 58th count indicating that he did “corruptly endeavor to obstruct the due administration of the internal revenue laws.”

Appeal From The Movement

The Creation Science Hall of Fame recognizes Kent Hovind as having made important contributions to the field and in spreading the word, but it also is sensitive to concerns that Hovind’s tax problems might tarnish the movement. Nick Lally, President of CSHF, arranged for people interested in the movement to appeal to Kent Hovind to abandon his battle against the IRS.

Doctor Dino Responds

Kent Hovind responded to the appeal yesterday. He indicated that he has not ever been a tax protester and he challenged anyone to study the voluminous material available and show how he broke any law.

If any of you can point to one specific law that I truly violated (AFTER you have read my Third Affidavit filed with the Grand Jury in 2005, my 2255 motions currently in the courts, my appeal to the 11th Circuit [case #13-12520] about the tax court judgment against me and my Complaint of Misconduct against Judge Rodgers for all her many violations of my Constitutional rights) PLEASE show me.

If you can show me the law I broke I’ll have Hal send you a free copy of my new book on end times: “What on Earth is About to Happen…for Heaven’s Sake?”

What About Not Filing ?

Although Hovind states that he has paid all taxes that he owes, I have never seen him explicitly state that he actually filed returns for the years 1998 through 2006, which were the years that were the subject of the Tax Court decision . It is pretty challenging for an American to be earning enough for any sort of reasonable lifestyle without triggering a return filing obligation. Currently he seems to be arguing that there is evidence in IRS files that indicates that he owes no tax:

There were 35 pages in the 710-page IRS file on me that clearly showed I owed no tax. These 35 pages were deliberately left out when the IRS entered that file in the trial and the IRS agent admitted at trial the pages were missing!

The idea that there is something in the Individual Master File that shows you don’t owe any tax is one that you can find floating around on the internet. I have not been able to find anybody, who had it work in court and I have looked pretty hard. I did find this in the case of William F. Cary:

The fact that respondent’s record shows a zero tax due for 1981 is simply a reflection that as of November 5, 1987, the date on petitioner’s individual master file transcript, no tax had been assessed against petitioner. This is because petitioner showed a zero tax due on his income tax return, and the filing of this case suspended the assessment. Therefore, no tax could have been assessed as of that date. That is not an admission by respondent that petitioner did not have a tax deficiency for 1981.

That makes me kind of pessimistic for Kent Hovind prevailing.

Interesting none the least.

[cool_shades] [rapture]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement