Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » The Great Commission

Author Topic: The Great Commission
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneinchrist:
Hi WildB,

I was wondering.............Do you believe that the Apostle Paul obeyed the Great Commission? If not, could you please specify.

With love in Jesus, Daniel
He obeyed the commission given to him.

You compair and figure it out.

Acts 9

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Mark 16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The Word of God does not call it "the great commission"; men do.

This obvious and important fact should be borne in mind by those who earnestly desire to "rightly divide the Word of truth" and carry out intelligently God's program for us today. Such a recognition would be the first step in the discovery of the root cause of the doctrinal divisions that have separated true believers in Christ and have gripped the Church in deep confusion which it does not seem possible, otherwise, to dispel.

The commission which our Lord gave to the eleven (later twelve) has so long been called "the great commission" that multitudes of sincere believers have a hazy notion that the Bible designates it thus. The fact is, however, that this designation merely reflects traditional views and, as in our Lord's day, "the traditions of men" all too often "make void the Word of God."

Granted, our Lord's commission to the eleven was indeed a great commission, but it should never be called "the great commission," for the ascended Lord later committed a greater, a far greater, message and ministry to the Apostle Paul.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007742

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thefixer:
Dear brother Wild Bill,
I have read the Berean Bible Society's beliefs, but my questions were to you personally. I agree with you when you say, "Never the Spirit But man every day". My questions to were not about whether man can obey the Laws, I know, and it is very appearent, that he cannot. The questions have to do with the Spirit of God, or what is commonly called the 'Holy Spirit'.
With hopes that all may have a clearer understanding of the Spirit.
Your brother in Christ, LeRoy (thefixer).

The Spirit/Holy Ghost is the wind in ones sails.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Not the law written on a deceitful heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Perhaps you have heard the story of the man who inquired from a mountaineer the way to a certain destination.

The mountaineer stuttered and stammered and finally said: "You can't get there from here."

We may smile at this, but the results would be even more amusing -- and sad -- were we to ask the average person on the street the way to heaven.

What is the way to heaven? It is interesting to read in God's Word what many think about this. In Proverbs 14:12 we read:

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

What are some of these "ways" that "seem right" to men, leading them to hope for heaven? Joining a church? Being baptized? Doing one's best? Keeping the Ten Commandments? Loving one's neighbor as himself? These are a few of the ways that men follow, hoping to gain eternal life, but they all come under one heading: "Do good."

But what do the Scriptures say about this? In the Gospel according to John there are recorded for us seven "I ams," which the Lord Jesus Christ used in speaking of Himself. One of these is found in John 14:6:

[Prayer]

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by barrykind:
hummm...
Who art thou to negate the great commision..
Even this boards bylaws adhere to the great commision...

WildB

you need to find your self another place to spread poison.

[Bible]

And you better stop being a false witness.

You need to find a board that is a Law/grace place.

The rules also say THIS IS A GRACE BOARD 1st.

It is clear to all what is required by the legal/grace gospel.

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!"
2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday.
3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS.
4That the Harpazo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.
6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian.
7That THE MYSTERY is a lie.
8That retention of the Law will be the guarantee of everlasting life.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother Wild Bill,
I have read the Berean Bible Society's beliefs, but my questions were to you personally. I agree with you when you say, "Never the Spirit But man every day". My questions to were not about whether man can obey the Laws, I know, and it is very appearent, that he cannot. The questions have to do with the Spirit of God, or what is commonly called the 'Holy Spirit'.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hummm...
Who art thou to negate the great commision..
Even this boards bylaws adhere to the great commision...

WildB

you need to find your self another place to spread poison.

[Bible]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thefixer:
Dear brother Wild Bill,
Might I ask you a question? Do you believe that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus, and the Spirit of God are the same Spirit? If so, don't you think that the Spirit would impress on the heart, of those who accept Him, that which we refer to as the 'Laws' of God? For does not a Spirit led person not live in harmony with those laws. I cannot see the Spirit violating any law of God.

Never the Spirit But man every day.

BHL's is very diseased with religious pride.

I could follow him around a few hrs and come up with how his law filled heart failed, lol.

Thank God for the Blood of Christ and the Spirit of Grace.

What does the Berean Bible Society believe?
An excellent question! Here is a copy of our doctrinal statement:

WE BELIEVE:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.

2) The eternal trinity of the GODHEAD.

3) The eternal deity, virgin birth, vicarious death, and spotless humanity of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

4) MANKIND by nature is sinful and under the condemnation of God.

5) Personal SALVATION is by God’s grace, through faith in the crucified, risen, and glorified Christ.

6) The ETERNAL SECURITY of all the saved.

7) The personality and deity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

8) The essential unity of all believers of the present dispensation as members of the one true Church, the BODY OF CHRIST.

9) The GIFTS enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16, have been given for the building up of the Body of Christ, and of these, only evangelists, pastors, and teachers are in order during the present dispensation. The sign gifts of the Acts period were temporary in character, and have ceased.

10) The privilege and duty of all the saved to WALK by faith as children of light.

11) The Communion of the LORD’S SUPPER as revealed through Paul for the members of the Body of Christ “TILL HE COME.”

12) All believers are made members of the Body of Christ by One Divine BAPTISM, by which also they are identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In the light of I Corinthians 1:17, Ephesians 4:5. and Colossians 2:12, we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace.

13) The RESURRECTION of the Body.

14) The Pretribulation RAPTURE of the Church.

15) The personal, premillennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth.

16) The ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the unsaved dead.

17) The MYSTERY “Hid in God” was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a whole new thing, that is, the Church, which is Christ’s Body. The revelation of this Mystery was committed to Paul, and it is in his writings alone that we find the doctrine, position, walk and destiny of the Church.

3. What is a "berean" anyway?
Thanks for asking. We get asked that a lot. Being called a Berean comes from Acts 17:10-11. In verse 11 it says that those from Berea (hence, the Bereans) were nobler than the people in Thessalonica because they "received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

So, when we say that someone is a "Berean" we mean that they do two things: (1) They have an open mind and willingly receive the Word of God when it is taught to them and (2) But then, they check out what they were taught by comparing it with the Scriptures.

Both aspects are important. Some people are so closed minded that they will not even listen to anything new or that might threaten what they already know. Others are so gullible that they accept whatever is told them without ever checking it against what the Bible says. Both extremes are to be avoided.

A Berean is one who has a balanced viewpoint. We listen to what someone has to say because we are eager to learn the word of God more perfectly. We realize that we have not learned it all. But then, we take what we have heard and compare it with the Bible. Then, if both match, we have learned something and increased our knowledge of God's Word, rightly divided.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Is there anyone other than WildB and The Berean Bible Society that believes God does not write His Law on your heart when you are Born Again?

And only you and the law/grace lads think its a guarantee of everlasting life,lol. Good luck.

It is clear to all what is required by the legal/grace gospel. Also there was only one that is perfect and it taint you. Careful your prideful heart is showing.

5That there is no BEMA.

This is the perverted gospel that Paul accursed.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thefixer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear brother Wild Bill,
Might I ask you a question? Do you believe that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus, and the Spirit of God are the same Spirit? If so, don't you think that the Spirit would impress on the heart, of those who accept Him, that which we refer to as the 'Laws' of God? For does not a Spirit led person not live in harmony with those laws. I cannot see the Spirit violating any law of God.

Posts: 71 | From: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone other than WildB and The Berean Bible Society that believes God does not write His Law on your heart when you are Born Again?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is clear to all what is required by the legal/grace gospel.

Becausehelives states "When men are restored to perfection, the law of God will be written in their hearts (Jer. 31:33), and its spirit of love will permeate their whole being, and its retention will be their guarantee of everlasting life."

5That there is no BEMA.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

What does the Berean Bible Society believe?
An excellent question! Here is a copy of our doctrinal statement:

WE BELIEVE:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.

2) The eternal trinity of the GODHEAD.

3) The eternal deity, virgin birth, vicarious death, and spotless humanity of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

4) MANKIND by nature is sinful and under the condemnation of God.

5) Personal SALVATION is by God’s grace, through faith in the crucified, risen, and glorified Christ.

6) The ETERNAL SECURITY of all the saved.

7) The personality and deity of the HOLY SPIRIT.

8) The essential unity of all believers of the present dispensation as members of the one true Church, the BODY OF CHRIST.

9) The GIFTS enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16, have been given for the building up of the Body of Christ, and of these, only evangelists, pastors, and teachers are in order during the present dispensation. The sign gifts of the Acts period were temporary in character, and have ceased.

10) The privilege and duty of all the saved to WALK by faith as children of light.

11) The Communion of the LORD’S SUPPER as revealed through Paul for the members of the Body of Christ “TILL HE COME.”

12) All believers are made members of the Body of Christ by One Divine BAPTISM, by which also they are identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In the light of I Corinthians 1:17, Ephesians 4:5. and Colossians 2:12, we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace.

13) The RESURRECTION of the Body.

14) The Pretribulation RAPTURE of the Church.

15) The personal, premillennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth.

16) The ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the unsaved dead.

17) The MYSTERY “Hid in God” was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a whole new thing, that is, the Church, which is Christ’s Body. The revelation of this Mystery was committed to Paul, and it is in his writings alone that we find the doctrine, position, walk and destiny of the Church.

3. What is a "berean" anyway?
Thanks for asking. We get asked that a lot. Being called a Berean comes from Acts 17:10-11. In verse 11 it says that those from Berea (hence, the Bereans) were nobler than the people in Thessalonica because they "received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

So, when we say that someone is a "Berean" we mean that they do two things: (1) They have an open mind and willingly receive the Word of God when it is taught to them and (2) But then, they check out what they were taught by comparing it with the Scriptures.

Both aspects are important. Some people are so closed minded that they will not even listen to anything new or that might threaten what they already know. Others are so gullible that they accept whatever is told them without ever checking it against what the Bible says. Both extremes are to be avoided.

A Berean is one who has a balanced viewpoint. We listen to what someone has to say because we are eager to learn the word of God more perfectly. We realize that we have not learned it all. But then, we take what we have heard and compare it with the Bible. Then, if both match, we have learned something and increased our knowledge of God's Word, rightly divided.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
WildB
quote:
You lads been speaking in tongues, taken up snakes, or drinking any thing deadly lately?

I have spoke in tongues, I have also interpreted a message given in tongues...( it is a strange to here someone speaking word in a language you don't understand but as they are speaking the Holy Spirit is translating it to your mind.

I haven’t had the occasion to have to handle snakes or drink poison but if the need arises I have Jesus’ assurance they will not hurt me.

Well I guess you best sell all that you have and have things in common.

ACTs 4

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to serpents I was just reminded of Brother Paul:

Acts 28:

1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the island was called Melita.
2 And the barbarous people shewed us no little kindness: for they kindled a fire, and received us every one, because of the present rain, and because of the cold.
3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.
4 And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.
5 And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.
6 Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB
quote:
You lads been speaking in tongues, taken up snakes, or drinking any thing deadly lately?

I have spoke in tongues, I have also interpreted a message given in tongues...( it is a strange to here someone speaking word in a language you don't understand but as they are speaking the Holy Spirit is translating it to your mind.

I haven’t had the occasion to have to handle snakes or drink poison but if the need arises I have Jesus’ assurance they will not hurt me.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thefixer
quote:
Might I ask, 'How long has these feelings between you two been going on'?
too long!

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thefixer
quote:
Also brother becauseHelives, you wrote 'According to “The Berean Bible Society”, The Great Commission does not apply to the Church today.' Are you agreeing with them or what?

I am disagreeing with them and WildB....

I see the Berean Bible Society as the next thing to a cult. They promote that perverted 2 Gospel message which is just so wrong. And they teach the Great Commission does not apply to the Church today. And they teach God is not the same, yesterday, today and forever.

WildB continually talks his gibberish when ask a question … language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.

And he continually says I teach Law and Grace as salvation because I say the Born Again believer has the Law of God written on his/her heart if they are truly Born Again….

--------------------

thefixer
Advanced Member
Member # 8837

Dear brothers,
Might I ask, 'How long has these feelings between you two been going on'? Also brother becauseHelives, you wrote 'According to “The Berean Bible Society”, The Great Commission does not apply to the Church today.' Are you agreeing with them or what?
And brother Wild Bill, it is not very clear what you mean sometimes when you reply with 'not worth your sillyness'. Might I ask in what way you find them being 'silly'?
Wild Bill, I have had the unnerving experience of 'speaking in tongues'. In my experience it was both terrifying and uplifting. I have not, to my knowledge, drunk any poison, and though I have handled rattlesnakes, I don't think it had to do with anything relating to the Bible.
When Jesus gave His disciples, what we call, the great commission it was a command. After the Pentecost, it became a compulsion to share Jesus with others.
May our Lord bless you both with His heart.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
The Great Commission is sillyness WildB....how sad is your idea of God's Holy plan!

Mixing Law with Grace is the false gospel. Your shaking your finder with one hand while you steal souls with the other is to be accursed.

So stop trying to get away with it here.

Also I like the way you all skip over Mark 16, sad.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Its part of this Commission too.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The Great Commission is sillyness WildB....how sad is your idea of God's Holy plan!

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

not worth your sillyness.

what have you lads done for Christ,

This day?

--------------------
That is all.....

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and vs. 19 clearly states "and teach all nations"

With love in Jesus, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Matthew 28:16-20

King James Version (KJV)

16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

According to “The Berean Bible Society”, The Great Commission does not apply to the Church today.

This is clearly a false teaching that needs to be exposed. Verse 20 states clearly "unto the end of the world. Amen."

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement