Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » GUNNER's prayer

Author Topic: GUNNER's prayer
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its good to see that the TRUTH always walked here.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people will receive crowns in heaven as a special kind of reward for their sacrificial living while on earth. The twenty-four elders seated around God’s throne wear golden crowns and white garments (Revelation 4:4). While we don’t know the identity of these individuals or even exactly what the crowns represent, we do know these people overcame intense difficulties. The Greek word used for "crown" in this passage is stephanos: a victor’s crown.

Five different crowns are mentioned in Scripture:

The imperishable crown for those who exhibit disciplined lives (1 Corinthians 9:25–27).

The crown of rejoicing for those who lead others to Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19–20, Philippians 4:1).

The crown of righteousness for those who love his appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).

The crown of glory for those who faithfully shepherd the flock (1 Peter 5:2–4).

The crown of life for those who overcome spiritual battles (James 1:12, Revelation 2:10).

The above list is probably more suggestive than it is exhaustive. God may hand out crowns to many other faithful believers and for many other purposes. These crowns won’t be awarded so we can show off our earthly accomplishments. Nor will they be for the purpose of making a fashion statement. I believe that these crowns signify different positions and assignments throughout eternity.

Repentance & Salvation
From www.biblestudyplanet.com

WHAT DO WE MEAN BY SAVED…

Let’s start by defining what it means to be “saved”.

All of us sin and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Jesus paid the punishment of sin for us (John 3:16-17). So to be “saved” means to be set free from the guilt and the punishment of sin by accepting Jesus as our Savior.

WHAT DO WE MEAN BY REPENT…

There are two types of repentance in the New Testament.

The first is the Greek verb “metamelomai”. This word is used to show a change of mind, such as to produce regret or even remorse on account of sin, but not necessarily a change of heart. This word is used to describe the repentance of Judas (Matt. 27:3).

The second type of repentance is the verb metanoeo. When used with the noun “metanoia”, it means to change one's mind and heart, as the result of knowledge. This is used of true repentance, a change of mind and heart and purpose and life, to which remission of sin is promised.

HOW DO WE REPENT?

There are three major points of true repentance:

1) Repentance consists of a true sense of one's own guilt and sinfulness

There are two facts everyone knows. One is that there is a way we ought to act and Two is that we don’t act that way.The first step towards salvation starts with acknowledging the fact that we’ve sinned. We have to be like David in 2 Samuel 12 and cry to God, “ I have sinned against the Lord.”

(2) Repentance consists of a confidence of God's mercy in Christ

Psalm 51:1 says “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.”

Repentance is not only a sense of sin, but also a confidence that God is willing and able to forgive. We turn from our sin because we know there is a loving God waiting to embrace us. "God gives us the option to choose sin or salvation because He wants us to choose Him because we want to, not because we have to." Exodus 34:6 describes God this way: "The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

(3) Repentance consists of an actual hatred of sin (Ps. 119:128; Job 42:5, 6; 2 Cor. 7:10) and turning from it to God

God is perfect. We are not. We are sinful. Sin is what separates us from God. This is so tragic because we were created to fellowship with God. This is why we should hate sin. Once we do we want God to “wash away all our iniquity and cleanse us from our sin.”Psalm 51:2. This is where Jesus comes in. He lived the perfect, sinless life we couldn’t. Then, even though He was innocent, He died on the cross for our sins. Then He rose from the grave. If we accept His sacrifice then when we die God will raise us and we will be in heaven for eternity. The barrier of sin is removed and we then have access to the Lord. "You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household." Eph 2:19

THE ROLE OF REPENTANCE IN SALVATION

As you can see, repentance is essential to salvation. If you don't think you've done anything wrong then you won't see any reason for a Savior (point #1). You'll probably believe that great lie that says "I'm a good person. I've never hurt anyone." If you don’t think God will forgive you then you will see no reason to turn from sin because you stand condemned with no hope (point #2). And if have no desire to have a relationship with God you will have no desire to deal with the sin that separates you from Him (point #3).

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE SIN AFTER WE’RE SAVED

Obviously, even after we are saved we still sin. But the difference now is the Spirit of God is working in us and convicting us of the sin.

So now we can apply 1 John 1:9 to our life. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Our continuing sin is always there as a reminder that we need a Savior. And here again is repentance. We confess our sin, are truly sorry for them, and ask Christ to help us commit them no more. When we have this attitude we are on our way to developing "the mind of Christ" (1 Cor. 2:16) and are regenerated and renewed by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-6).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "reward" for repentance is to be forgiven.

Maybe WildB will tell us about the different crowns one of these days?

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[happyhappy] Not Biblical? Then don't repent! There is no reward for repentance [happyhappy]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
We are saved by grace, but rewarded by repentance.

"rewarded by repentance"

Not Biblical.

" and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour."

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are saved by grace, but rewarded by repentance.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From another thread that may help............

quote:
Originally posted by fastforward:
WildB,
Thanks.
If you cared to look at my little profile here at this site you will see trucking listed. In the good old U.S. of A. we ship more goods by truck than any other country in the world. And on the backs of all those truck trailers are placed these seals. Only authorized personnel can legally break the seals and only when they reach their destination, (excepting upon some sort of catastrophe and even then it is still only authorized personnel just a different set).

It was good talking to you WildB,
Fastforward

I did. And hopefully we can put this dog to rest.

I too understand SEALING. ALL safty valves on a Boiler are SEALED.

The valve is set to a limit that lets the valve lift to mantain a safe operating pressure.

When lifted it goes back to the limit operation without having to be ~RE-SEALED.

Those that teach OSAS , ONCE SEALED AIN'T SEALED, are those that would by~pass the valve and jepordized the overal integaty of the boiler.

Boilers with misfunctioning, improperly set or TAMPERED with safty valves KILL.

Thats why the SEAL is important.

Lets Let the Holy Spirit SEAL and not man's sillyness.

I thank God Thru Jesus my Lord that I am SEALED untill the day of REDEMPTION.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 3

[1] And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

[3] For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
[4] For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
[5] Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
[6] I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

[8] Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
[9] For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
[10] According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

I think we can all agree that it is evident to see those that love the Lord our God and live for Him. I think the Holy Spirit gives us discernment about those that aren't right if we ask Him and listen- that's the key!

Sometimes we don't listen and don't want to listen. We just want to do all of the talking. Prayer is a two-way communication with Christ.

For those who are confused by this OSAS issue that has been brought up, just make sure you have called upon the one true God and accepted Him through faith in Jesus Christ ALONE, as there is no other way. If you go the wrong way, repent, turn around and do the former works which you once did, like the Bible says. Your love for Christ will draw you back to Him if you are a new creation in Him. We are saved by grace, but rewarded by works.

--------------------
That is all.....

CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God that he did not send his son in vain but saw necessary for us to receive salvation through him which is working and active through those that believe and teach the "Good News" to the Jews first and also to the Gentiles, and to as many that would call upon the name of God.
This "other gospel" they point out repeatedly as if there is nothing else in the scriptures, would have you believe that with their narrow interpretation of just a few verses give rise and pride to the belief that salvation is only for a predestined few of which they are a primary part. Taking comfort that others are excluded and destined for destruction for their observation. God will use all false doctrine to judge every false teacher. This "other gospel" teaches you can hold God to an argument of salvation regardless of your sin and lack of repentance which is completely contrary to what God intended for those that love him rather then themselves. The false freedom this "other doctrine" offers those who are new, young, and old is that doing the work of God is optional so long as you receive the "wives tale seal of approval" they so perpetually offer instead of prayers and praises of the true Gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ. And they teach that running the race of good works only leads to crowns of responsibility, that no man need obligate himself to, especially since salvation once declared according to the Calvin creed legally forces God's hand to grant salvation not only to the repentant Godly but the unrepentant and ungodly. They believe that a man will only reaps what he sows outside of declared salvation which God is under forced obligation to provide. Don't believe any of these lies that are backed up by scriptures misused lacking all conviction of the Holy Spirit, as is clearly self evident. But rather Listen the good parables of truth from our Lords own lips, and feel the conviction of his sword and listen rather to the truth of the "Holy Spirit".

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? "He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' Matthew 25:41-45

Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!
Matthew 7:22-23

As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received from us, let him be accursed anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment!
Now am I trying to win the favor of men, or of God? Do I seek to please men? If I were still seeking popularity with men, I should not be a bond servant of Christ (the Messiah). For I want you to know, brethren, that the Gospel which was proclaimed and made known by me is not man's gospel a human invention, according to or patterned after any human standard. For indeed I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through a direct revelation given by Jesus Christ("the Messiah") Galatians 1:9-12
.............NOT JOHN CALVIN ("The Reformer")

Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres the Text from the King James Version

Romans 8

[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

[32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

[33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
[34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

[35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

[38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
That is all.....

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[happyhappy] Well now, it is plain as can be. Once we are saved we cannot be unsaved. Moreover, this is because we were predestined to be saved, in which case why did we need bother to be saved, since we were foreknown to be saved, and by election could not be otherwise, neither could we be unsaved once we were saved. Therefore when we were born, we were as good as in Heaven already without doing, or believing a thing. So we could have just lived our lives and forgotten about it!

Since, as the elect, we were already saved by predestination, and are unable to be rejected, then why did we need to accept Christ? Gawsh, that scares me big time. Me thinks that I might have missed it had I been informed that I was pre-elected, and could not lose my salvation to boot. I wonder if that has happened to anyone? Yep! Someone once told me that they were born a Methodist! They became violent when I challenged this.

But concerning salvation, isn't God good to have let me participate! I like the feeling of getting to choose Him.

WildB
Member # 2917

This cursing of those that believe OSAS is just plain silly.

It is clear to all that scripture can be pulled to justify each side.

But I looked and the daming/cursing of either is not in my Bible....The only curse is on those that CHANGE what is written.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I simple agree to disagree.

To save time and ban length heres a site that played this song and has had more than 500 hits.

Can a Christian Backslide/lose salvation?

http://www.christianityboard.com/can-christian-backslide-lose-salvation-t6274.html

We have fought the good fight in the past together and I hope to do more so in the Future.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

I am a Overcomer born again of God, graffed in and SEALED until the day of REDEMTION.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God:

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

--------------------
That is all.....

CWO4GUNNER
Advanced Member
Member # 6971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWO4GUNNER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry brothers, God is faithful and will judge me quickly if I am wrong. The prayer is true and faithful and is intended for all of us, perhaps me more then most. Without abiding in Christ you will surly lose your salvation and your name will be blotted out and you will be burned. To teach contrary is evil plain and simple. But we are living in the last days and so it is no surprise that sound words are called evil. It is not I that inflicts the wounds upon your pride but the word of God and the Holy Spirit!

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power making it active, operative, energizing, and effective; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and the immortal spirit, and of joints and marrow of the deepest parts of our nature, exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21

Posts: 54 | From: Bullhead City, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen WildB!
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 20 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh by the Holy Spirit that stirs within me over this issue, I pray that God will bring upon their heads starting today the measure of the plagues written in the word of God for teaching seductive lies to the lost and snatching the truth from the harts of new believers(their quest). Most Holy God I pray for the sake of those who have been drawn here by the Holy Spirit from all corners of the world to fellowship in this place with you in truth and in spirit. I pray Oh God that this heresy preached so shamelessly with blatant disregard for the truth of "The Way" and in preparation for the Antichrist, I pray that all of this evil be be pushed back from this place so that those that know you and bear living fruit of the spirit may fellowship in this place in peace and in truth Amen

This board has been proclaiming the truth for the many years that Ive been on it and I think you to full of yourself to think you were chosin to fix what aint brok.

I will not aman this prayer.

You remind me of a verse by your sillyness.

Revelation 12:10

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement