Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » New Bible for the Gay Community

Author Topic: New Bible for the Gay Community
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 21 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael are you happy?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you cannot just 'toss out' passages. But I'm sure this one has meaning. I don't see it as a rule though. I know that in times past, some denominations 'practiced' this verse. They were under conviction to do so. But does it have merit concerning the believer as to appearance, or discipline, conformity, or something?

Still, I wonder about a few things that Paul said. But I have this confidence, that they make sense, only I just don't understand it yet. But I still do not see this as a rule that if not obeyed, heaps condemnation on someone.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy
Advanced Member
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I am going to stick my neck out here and state that I do not believe that everything in the bible is to be obeyed all at once. I base this on, "To every thing there is a season." There is a time to do this, and a time to do that (I know this is risky.) I struggle to understand "let women be silent in church," and "wear a covering over your head." If these are true as stated, then they are 'law'. We are not under law. I simply suppose that it was fitting in the culture that they were in back in those days, which we are removed from (another statement that could get me into trouble).

Reverend Wurmbrand, when he was in communist prisons was confronted by his tormentors with the scripture about submitting to one's government if he believed in obeying the Bible. Yet clearly he could not submit to the communist government, one which was even demanding that he 'deny' God. So clearly this verse doesn't apply evenly, everywhere, at every time. Clearly the government which was trying to crush the spirit of the Reverend, was a terror to good works.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:]

Context, context, context.

Originally, the church was ran in a much different manner than what we see, today. The "let women be silent in the church" quote is often taken out of context, because people are not well versed in the customs of the culture of that day. Let me see if I can explain.

I've heard one pastor explain it this way. Women and men did not sit together, in the early church. Women sat on one side of the aisle, and men sat on the other side. Many scholars believe that the reason Paul wrote on this topic, to this particular church, was because the women were probably interrupting church to get clarification from their spiritual leaders (their husbands). Paul goes on to exhort the women to wait until they get home to ask their husbands about anything they were unclear about, in the message. I can see how this could be taken the wrong way, especially in a culture that is steeped in feminism which does not allow for men to be leaders at all, much less spiritual leaders.

In this passage, as well, Paul is addressing the issue of church discipline with the Corinthians, a church that had its fair share of distractions during service. There was bickering and quarreling. Therefore, Paul sat down and came up with a list of rules for them to follow. Personally, I don't believe that these rules are for the church as a whole, but for a first century church that was on the brink of spiritual corruption and needed a more disciplined system set in place for them. I hope I helped.

In Christ,
Billy.

--------------------
Test yourselves to be sure that you are in the faith.

- The Apostle Paul

Posts: 217 | From: overseas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is the same. That's true. But all has not been revealed to us. To God, who sees the end from the beginning, there is nothing new. But to us, who live in time and space, He reveals new things to us.

An example of this is the sacrifice for sins. We see Abel's offering then Abraham's offering then the Passover lamb and then The Lamb of God (Jesus Christ). All were "new" but all examples pointed to the the Lamb of God.

So, God does reveal new things to us. And we will see that the "new" thing is actually an unfolding of the truth that God has always known from the beginning.

An example from my own life would be my daughter. She's 10. I know when she gets older she'll want to drive a vehicle. Well, she hasn't even thought of the notion of driving on her own. And from my perspective, as her father, she does not need to know...she does not need to be bothered by it presently. But, I know a time is coming when i will have to prepare her for the eventual responsibility of driving a vehicle. When the time is right, and as her father I decide when it's right, I will bring into her life all the is necessary for her to properly drive a car. So today, she doe not need to be prepared to drive a car but in her future she will have to be prepared. And when that time comes I will reveal to her what she needs to know.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, there is a new revelation. But it is the old revelation. However it is ever and always new; and certainly when it is discovered by someone, it is new, though it is old. So one can talk enthusiastically about a new revelation, which it is, but it will not be new. But people will p u t you down (religious people) over a new revelation, to lift themselves up, as 'knowing better', which is haughtiness of heart, which is not as apparent, but should rather, be obvious, though it is not.

Good point about women holding church. I wonder if they got to speak? (Just being syllli) People can be so silly about what is in the word. But James (I think) talks about wisdom, which the Lord gives. I think such a thing is useful in determining what applies when, and where. But someone somewhere will go and make it a rule for people to adhere to, whatever 'it' may be at the time.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimbarn
Advanced Member
Member # 7053

Icon 16 posted      Profile for jimbarn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for changing scripture,Hebrews states;"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
This settles any new revelation.
As for the women/ covering issue,one need only to review where Paul was and the history of that day was.
Later in the epistle's we see women with churches in their houses.

Jimbarn
a recovering pharisee [Smile]

Posts: 43 | From: Unicoi,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
wkuhilltopper:

They rationalize it like the osas crowd!!! [Big Grin]

Repent of your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

wkuhilltopper:

They rationalize it like the osas crowd!!! [Big Grin]

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
My question is this: There are scriptures that say "let women be silent in church" Also, wear a covering on your head if you are a woman for you hair is your glory and thus you should be humbel. Also, a scriptures says "Thos whose sin you remit are remitted and those you do not remit are not remited"..
I am going to stick my neck out here and state that I do not believe that everything in the bible is to be obeyed all at once. I base this on, "To every thing there is a season." There is a time to do this, and a time to do that (I know this is risky.) I struggle to understand "let women be silent in church," and "wear a covering over your head." If these are true as stated, then they are 'law'. We are not under law. I simply suppose that it was fitting in the culture that they were in back in those days, which we are removed from (another statement that could get me into trouble).

Reverend Wurmbrand, when he was in communist prisons was confronted by his tormentors with the scripture about submitting to one's government if he believed in obeying the Bible. Yet clearly he could not submit to the communist government, one which was even demanding that he 'deny' God. So clearly this verse doesn't apply evenly, everywhere, at every time. Clearly the government which was trying to crush the spirit of the Reverend, was a terror to good works.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

fish on
First Post
Member # 7191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fish on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are the body of christ. All mankind is in need of a savior. No matter what your sin is. you must repent of it. Gods sheep will hear gods voice and be healed. those who are gay and do say they are christians had better repent from there unatural affections.May none of us christians spend to much of our time condeming others though. Our job is to not greive the holy spirit within us so that we can cleary hear him,to carry gods will out in love. Pray pray pray for those who suffer and are under such a terrible spirit of homosexuality that they see the light and that god draws them to him.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Thas sooooo funnnnny! "Be not decieved, God is not mocked. Whatsoever a man seweth, that shall he also reap." (Gal6:7)

Yep! You don't make God to fit you. You let Him make you to fit Him> Thas repentance. "The fear of God, is the beginning of wisdom." (Psa 111:10)

Faith and willingness, is trusting that He knows how to do it, and do it right. Else you eat the forbidden fruit. [hug] [hug]

tandsrfun
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tandsrfun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. I agree. Homosexuality is detsteable and those who practice it are in sin. No argument. The bible is clear.

My question is this: There are scriptures that say "let women be silent in church" Also, wear a covering on your head if you are a woman for you hair is your glory and thus you should be humbel. Also, a scriptures says "Thos whose sin you remit are remitted and those you do not remit are not remited"..

how can we throw these scriptures out? we have you know. We have.

Okay I am sure I started something. Not intended, just a point I want to make.

--------------------
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems as though they are determined to deceive themselves. To think that you can re-write the Bible to suit your own evil desire is deception indeed. Art,
Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would be interesting to see what they did with I Cor 6-9...
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they remove the parts of the Bible that they don't like, then they are saying what God says doesn’t matter. They are creating their own god, a god they have created to suit themselves. It’s called "idolatry," and it’s the oldest sin in the Book. Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We need to pray for them that their eyes may be open to the one and only ture God. The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread was not saying that we are better then gays. It was about someone deleting things from the Bible.
I found the actor's name

Ian McKellen
"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer at the front saying 'This is fiction.' I mean walking on water? I mean, it takes an act of faith."

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any time we as the children of Yahweh limit the Holy One of Israel or imply Yahweh is not the same yesterday, today and forever, we are just as in need of repentance as the homosexual that tears a page out of the scriptures he doesn’t agree with.

When we put pagan holidays such as Christmas and Easter into the worship of Yahweh who demands no mixture of the Holy and the un-holy, do you not see the rock in your hand?

But it is easier to look at the sins of others than to look at our own sins.

Yeshua said just a little leaven, leaven the whole lump.

Maybe some will have ears to hear and respond!

Let no one tamper with the Word of Yahweh!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an old man who is an actor, I can't remember his name, but he is gay. He said in a interview when he is in a hotel room, he tears out the pages of the Bible that offends him. [crying]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the politically correct add to and take from the Word of God;
this is as we should expect.

just a couple of the verses from the real OT about hmosexuality ---
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

one example from the real NT---
Romans1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

In Genesis, on the 6th day GOD made man and gave him dominion over the animals.

I bring up man's dominion over the animals to make an EXTREME example.

For many years after the United States became a "free nation", it was legal in every state in the union to fight game roosters.
during that same time, in these United States, homosexuality was against the law.

Now in this Politically Correct Time
Homosexuality is legal,
fighting game roosters is not.

Once man's dominion over animals was lawful,
abomination against GOD illegal;
now
abomination against GOD is lawful,
man's dominion over animals illegal.

The Politically Correct call this progress,
I call it moral decay!

As I said this is an EXTREME example;
I'm not asking anyone to defend or attack cockfighting;
I am making an example of the change in priorities in this nation, and in the hearts of men.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thebereancall.org/node/5585

Author Tim Fleming Offers a Free Download of a New Version of the Bible for the Gay Community [Excerpts]

San Diego, CA (PRWEB) February 14, 2007 -- This is a new version of the Holy Bible that includes the New Testament, along with a new book entitled God's New Law, which was introduced in the year 2000. This book contains testimony of prophecy fulfilled, prophecy to be, and the decommissioning of traditional religion so that God may dwell with all those who believe. God's New Law is meant to be the last book of the Bible and to herald the birth of God's religion without doctrine.

Starting with the witnessing of Christ, the author, Tim Fleming, claims that, in the year 2000, God tested one of his begotten and realized the value of forgiving those who are willing to forgive, and He has therefore offered salvation to the homosexual community for the sacrifices they have made through mental anguish.

The first book of God's New Law, "The Journal," is a description of the re-creation of man beyond Revelations that attempts to illustrate what the enlightened students of God's kingdoms prescribe. The second book, "The Victory," describes how an act of vengeance by the Father's left hand delivers poetic justice to those who did not heed his warning to forgive thy neighbor. The third book, "Peace through Suffering," is a testament purportedly written by the Father in Heaven and one of his adopted. Leaving the last book entitled the "The Journey" offering to lead mankind away from serving doctrine into living in the spirit with God and his kingdom.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/2/prweb504368.htm

[TBC: Having tried to explain away the explicit commands of God's Word, the person determined to disobey it must change it . . . or repent.]

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement