Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » OPENING SONG AT RICK WARREN'S

Author Topic: OPENING SONG AT RICK WARREN'S
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It brings a very real sense of the literal to the scriptures on making merchandise of the church.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.leftbehindgames.com/

Listen to the ABC coverage. You get dinged points for killing someone and extra points for saving a soul and good deeds will get you to heaven!!

Here is something else:

Left Behind Games—an Interview
posted 5/01/06

If you've checked out the Left Behind site, you've probably noticed a promotion for a new Left Behind video game. Well, it's nearly complete, and we're excited to learn all about it! Get a behind-the-scenes peek in our interview with Greg Bauman of Left Behind Games (a company in California producing the game under license from Tyndale House Publishers).

Left Behind: We've been hearing about a video game based on the Left Behind series for some time. What is it called and when will it be available?

Greg Bauman: It's called Left Behind: Eternal Forces, and we expect the game to be released to the public during the second half of 2006.

LB: What's the nature of the game?

GB: In one cataclysmic moment, millions of people disappear, throwing the world into instant chaos. The Rapture has arrived, and those who have been saved are swept into Heaven. Our real-time strategy game takes place shortly after the disappearances as the Anti-Christ's forces are waging war on the remaining forces of good.

LB: How does it relate to the Left Behind series?

GB: Left Behind: Eternal Forces is based on the events from the first four novels. The main characters from the book series, such as Rayford and Chloe Steele, Buck Williams, and Bruce Barnes, are incorporated into the game and missions. The timeframe of the game follows with the books, but specific locations, missions, and events are independent of the novels.

The game does not recreate specific scenes from the novels, but Left Behind: Eternal Forces will help readers get a sense of the conflict and chaos of the time period portrayed in Left Behind and live out how they would defend themselves and their faith from the Antichrist and his Global Peace Keeping Forces.

LB: Who do you find most attracted to this kind of game experience?

GB: Our target audience includes gamers and people looking for an alternative to the standard game offerings. Gamers are going to love the deep strategic gameplay. There are also the millions of consumers who are looking for entertainment that also offers positive, inspirational content.

LB: What will users need to play the game?

GB: Players need a PC for the single player mode, and Internet for multiplayer.

LB: Is this a single game, or will there be a series of them? What can we expect in the future?

GB: We will continue with out mission to provide a positive alternative for gamers. We see Left Behind: Eternal Forces as the first of many games to intellectually stimulate all who care to consider or imagine what might happen in the next life—and do it while enjoying a great game.

LB: Can you tell us something about the process (how long, how many people involved, etc)?

GB: Our team has dedicated over three years to the development of this game. Left Behind Games has teams of developers all over the world and is dedicated to producing a AAA quality game.

LB: Tell us more about Left Behind Games. What is your relationship with authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, or with Tyndale?

GB: Left Behind Games was founded on October 23, 2001, for the purpose of developing video games based upon the world-renown "Left Behind" series, which continues to be one of the top selling fiction book series of all time.

It is our hope to see Left Behind Games become the world's leading independent developer and publisher of quality interactive entertainment products that appeal to mainstream gamers and perpetuate Christian values.

Left Behind Games purchased the license to develop a video game based on the Left Behind Series from Tyndale House Publishers. Although authors Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins have not been directly involved in the development of the game, they have been supportive of this new means to reach people with the message in their books.

LB: While some people have been anxious for a video game version, others have been uncertain, even critical. How do you handle the questions of violence and the other objections some people raise about video gaming?

GB: The Bible contains lots of stories about warfare. Many of the early books are actually historical accounts of violent battles. In doing a game based on the Book of Revelation, we're offering gamers a chance to participate in a fictionalized story about the ultimate apocalyptic battle—the end of the world.

We're offering warfare, but it's not bloody, graphical, or horrific. You might compare the fight scenes to 'Star Wars' violence. We think the battles in our title will be acceptable to parents.

LB: Thanks, Greg. I'm sure that will help those who have heard different things in advance. It sounds like a great product for LB Fans who are also avid gamers—or a good introduction to gaming for those who have not experienced it yet.

You can find out more about Left Behind: Eternal Forces at the Left Behind Games website (leftbehindgames.com).

This is a NEWSWEEK ARTICLE:

Newsweek
March 6, 2006 issue - Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition: Christians are finally getting a high-caliber shoot-'em-up videogame of their own. Due out on PCs in the second half of 2006, Left Behind: Eternal Forces is the first game adapted from the blockbuster books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Gamers familiar with the largely uninspiring and unprofitable history of Christian videogames will quickly notice two differences in Forces: the top-shelf design, which offers an eerily authentic reproduction of the game's Manhattan setting, and a level of violence reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto. The game revolves around New Yorkers who are "left behind" after the rapture. Players scour the streets for converts, training them into a work force to feed, shelter and join a paramilitary resistance against the growing forces of the Antichrist.

Left Behind Games CEO Troy Lyndon, whose company went public in February, says the game's Christian themes will grab the audience that didn't mind gore in "The Passion of the Christ." "We've thought through how the Christian right and the liberal left will slam us," says Lyndon. "But megachurches are very likely to embrace this game." Though it will be marketed directly to congregations, Forces will also have a secular ad campaign in gaming magazines.

—John Ness

© 2006 Newsweek, Inc. | Subscribe to Newsweek

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one have good information concerning Rick's games and the opening songs describe above?

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

That song has always been to me a very very sad one. There is hardly anthing that I can think of so sad as to have a dream like this one of Lennon's and yet to deny Christ. What a tragic waste of a life.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think John Lennon's "Imagine" may be more descriptive of their focus:

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

[cool_shades] [pound] [pound] [pound] [cool_shades]
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/James...eace-plan.html

1. OPENING SONG AT RICK WARREN'S Global P.E.A.C.E. PLAN INAUGURATION

PURPLE HAZE

Perhaps he should have used the song by ACDC HIGHWAY TO HELL?

OR Jim Morrison's "PEOPLE ARE STRANGE"?

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/James...eace-plan.html

1. OPENING SONG AT RICK WARREN'S Global P.E.A.C.E. PLAN INAUGURATION

PURPLE HAZE

Rick Warren launched his Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan April 17, 2005 during Saddleback Church's 25th Anniversary celebration. During the unveiling he sang the Purple Haze song, written by Jimi Hendrix about the psychedelic drug LSD and demonic visions. Here are the lyrics:

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze Lyrics

Purple haze all in my brain

Lately things just don't seem the same

Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

Purple haze all around

Don't know if I'm comin' up or down

Am I happy or in misery?

Whatever it is that girl put a spell on me

Purple haze all in my eyes

Don't know if it's day or night

You got me blowin', blowin' my mind

Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?

(c)1967 Jimi Hendrix, Smash Hits album[3]

2. WHAT IS MISSING

What is startling about Rick Warren's Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan is not so much what it contains, but what it does NOT contain.

There is no mention of our Adversary in spiritual warfare. There is no mention of the Holy Spirit in Rick Warren's Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan. Bob DeWaay exposes this fatal flaw in his new book Redefining Christianity, Chapter Nine, Understanding the Purpose-Driven Movement, 21st Century Press, 2006.

Where is the Prince of the Power of the Air described in Scripture, which any Biblical Peace plan must take into account?

3. WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF EVIL?

If anyone on the earth should be able to define “evil”, it should be “America's Pastor,” but this is not the case. Here are some excerpts of what Rick Warren said at the July 2005 Aspen Institute, an organization that promotes the New Age [more accurately, the New World Order], where he was a featured speaker on the panel entitled: The Problem of Evil.[9]

“In fact, I don't think evil and sin are the same...

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

4. WHO'S LEADING?

Rick Warren expects to train and lead a billion-man Christian army.[22]

The obvious fuzzy math problem with this proclamation is that there aren't that many true Christians on the earth -- the majority will choose the wide highway to Hell:

“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:14 also see Matt. 20:16 and 22:14

“I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8

Warren's Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan contains no enforcement clause or declaration of who will enforce it whereas in Jesus Christ's worldwide peace, Jesus himself will rule with a rod of iron:

“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.” Revelation 12:5

It is Jesus Christ who will enforce the rule of ALL the nations, including the global governing of his worldwide plan of Peace (i.e., the Millennium). He will not be initiating Rick Warren's Global P.E.A.C.E. Plan; he will be enforcing his own.

In promoting his Plan, Warren is redefining the mission of the church. His idea is that we are to wipe out world problems and make the world a better place to live in before Christ returns. His program screams of Dominionist Theology[27] which teaches that Christ can't return until the Church takes over the earth. And his billion man army reminds me of two other “army” movements in the name of Jesus: The Army of Joel and the Manifest Sons of God who promote the false teaching in which they think the Lord has given them a mandate to take over the earth for Jesus so that he can return.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement