Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » For all who came from broken homes

Author Topic: For all who came from broken homes
HelenT
Member # 10992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelenT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A “rent-or-buy” assessment will come out on a business news website. Most of them are mendacious if not outright propaganda, as most leave out a lot of data and hidden expenses of home-ownership. However, Zillow, strangely enough, has actually come up with one that is near to actuality. If you need help paying your rent this month, you can get an installment loan.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
I was only kidding, John Hale. I came from a family that took care of its kids as best as they could, and no tornado ever hit our house and broke it. I am NOT from a broken home. Sorry to interrupt your Topic. Proceed.

love, Eden

Oh thank-you great ED for your permission.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was only kidding, John Hale. I came from a family that took care of its kids as best as they could, and no tornado ever hit our house and broke it. I am NOT from a broken home. Sorry to interrupt your Topic. Proceed.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Sorry to hear that, Eden.
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day a tornado came through town and broke our home too.

love, Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup2]

Godly parenting ....the single most important task a man and woman married in Yahweh's sight undertake.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Sometimes it's near impossible to find good things to say about a child's parent.. but if you are the other parent you absolutely must do so! Or say nothing.

It's a double whammy for a child when one parent runs the other down.

And if possible... keep the arguing (especially the knock down drag outs) to an absolute minimum in front of the kids. We adults experienced a taste of how it feels to be in their shoes when our very way of life (thanks to the criminally greedy) was threatened because of a collapsing economy of lost jobs and homes and cars...

That's how it feels when you fight in front of the kids or run each other down to them.

Agree to have conferences. It's high time for the adult generations to grow up and act responsibly...

Go for a walk (especially where people can see you and you have to keep the screaming down to grumbling at each other under your breath)... unify even in disagreement...

The home you both chose to build and be responsible for and the lives you chose to bring into the world ARE depending on you.

God bless.
Happy Parenting!

John Hale
unregistered

...and I imagine with serial monogamy on the rampage the last several generations, that would be just about everybody...

...or those of us who came from abusive homes...

the vicious cycle CAN be broken. But a couple has to be deliberate, determined, dogmatic, and on the same page and you can indeed break the cycle...

Getting on the same page is to be up front and charter your life course up front... no holding back... and if you don't know then allow for that by setting up a way to have head to head discussions before decisions are made at each unforeseen juncture.

So often people make few if any preparations for this. Determining, for one thing, that the parents are unified and indivisible as far as the children are concerned...

Pitting one parent against the other is an old childhood trick that goes back at least as far as Isaac and Rebecca...

Mothers are not to be sassed or spoken ill of by penalty of the father knocking their head off (figuratively) and Mothers are never to run their children's fathers down (especially not in front of the child even as long as they live). The same is true these days about the Fathers not running the mothers down.

When I was a kid... Dad was no angel but one of his angelic traits was he never ran mother down and did not tolerate it in us kids... in fact he got very angry when we tried to. And without running dear mummy down let's just say there were episodes...

I saw an episode on TV of a 90year old man weeping at his 110 year old father's funeral... "He was over a hundred... but he was still my Daddy! And, I was still his baby boy!"

Never run your child's parent down to them ever.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement