Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Picture of Obama in India as Child

Author Topic: Picture of Obama in India as Child
Lineman
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing new.....We Americans have been deceived for many decades. Republicans and Democrats are both PROVEN evil. Why anyone would vote for either is beyond my comprehension. However, this is a free country and if someone wants to vote for evil they can.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hale [thumbsup2] [type]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

The big O is turning out to be a really big disappointment (D.C insider after all). Health care that involves insurance is no real reform. Insurance is the problem. Well, greed on the part of the medical profession and the net insurance provided causing greed in both.

The late founder of Christian Financial Concepts Larry Burkett said that insurances companies are not to be in the profit making business if its a legitimate insurer, it is only ion the business of paying legitimate claims.

Ha!

AIG, Double Cross (er I mean Blue Cross) all a racket!

I remember as a kid when Mom went over the Dr. bill pointing out services or meds not rendered.

"Insurance will pay for it."

That was in the 1970's.

Gouging and greed...

It seems to me if the government simply did what it was supposed to do protect the citizens, the general welfare and guard against fraud we'd be in far less of a pickle....

Bail outs, agreements with the devil in the form of banks, lawyers, doctors, insurance, pharmaceuticals, etc...

I can't wait... just can't wait till they figure out that the middle class which just died over the past two years and was under the gun of the rich for the last 50 years... can no longer shoulder the tax burden since it doesn't even exist anymore.

Then what? More bail outs? {shaking head} No those folks who had government in their pocket are going to lose everything when the government comes to feed.

John Hale
unregistered

The blame is not solely on the pulpits of America. But it is mostly there. For hording all the spiritual authority and not delegating enough (the Romanized system regurgitated over and over through the various reformations and revivals and reinventing of the same broken wheel)...

But mostly for being the strangle hold outlet of truth and God's word. Rather than preaching like Peter Marshall Sr. denominational party lines and platforms and planks were preferred sermon topics. Tithe and tithe... need bigger better buildings...

Then the Me generation necessitated feel good sermons and how to improve quality time and hoarding wealth is good (so long as you pay your tithes)...

Not a word about the usurious amount of interest and price gouging going on since the early 1900s precipitating the restructuring of the American economy. Inflation was run amok. The entrance of women into the workforce masked the sting of staggering inflation... (note I did not say caused the rich did that... I said having two incomes in most households masked the sting of the cost of all things... along with unbridled credit which not only masked the sting but it ruined budgeting and created indentured indebtedness of millions and millions of people).

The gold standard could no longer support such inflation. So Nixon (who got the last laugh by doing so) took America off the gold standard and put it on the gold of that time (petrodollars: oil). This precipitated OPEC's establishment of global power through embargoes. The American economy was in shambles. But because there was still an industrial base on this continent it afforded the average citizen a say and the heat could be turned up under the rich to do the right thing.

Now... not.

Then... the rich balked at every attempt to fix the economy. Ford was laughed out of office. Carter bungled everything he touched (giving away the panama canal and the Suez canal in attempts to improve the legacy of his administration believe it or not). And when he tried to get tough with the money boys of wall street the interest rates shot up to 22% for home loans.

In came RWR on a wave of glory spouting conservatism and trickle down economics and robust this and bully that when all his economic medicine was in reality was a house of cards built on increasing indebtedness... when people were out of debt the economy sagged and threatened to founder...

GHWB when running against RWR for the 1980 GOP nomination called Reaganomics "Voodoo economics."
He was put on the ticket as running mate and never a peep was heard from him again.

WJC was a hick up, even they (meaning the co-president HRC as well) did not expect to have a shot at the West wing but GHWB's lips were read too literally for his Marie Antoinette attitude towards the poor to be allowed to pass by and in comes the great hope of the DNC... His Slickness Willie I.

They really did not do too much damage (HRC was too haughty too early on and the media watched her like a hawk). WJC was in and out of sex scandals and financial scandals to have much time left to actually do damage or run the country. And the right wing conspiracy really did keep him pretty busy when he was not engaged in the other extracurricular activities...

That was the power of the greedy who only wanted to protect their own and to keep legal their right to steal from everyone else.

GWB had no clue thankfully for the GOP DC was a capable puppet master. I used to muse how ashen faced the capitalists got every time DC when in for a heart valve adjustment...

When it became clear to the GOP and the DNC that HRC was out and BHO was coming in, the rich pulled out and sent what was left of the economy into a nose dive.

John Hale
unregistered

Since this is the political area I feel more free to express what I have found to be true.

I was once the card carrying Republican willing to believe the rhetoric that the conservatives alleged to have built this great nation. I parroted their shpeel as did the Christian leaders and pastors for the last 50 or more years as "God's way" to the point I wondered how a rational thinking human being much less a Christian could even be a liberal democrat.

Then I found out what these "caring" conservative capitalists were really all about... $$$$ orphans and widows and invalids all out in the snow if that's what it takes to get these people what they believe is coming to them...

I started looking around as all the jobs and industries in this land were being outsourced to slave labor nations (at the hands of both Republicans and Democrats the sewn up good ol' boy two party system)...

And I realized there was no bigger stooge than people like me who parroted the rhetoric of the very people stealing from me, my wife and my family in the name of conservatism and God and country and job creation and trickle down theories...

Ha!

And bourgeois! for lack of saying how I want to say it and spit after it.

This nation was founded on Christian principles. The result of Christian evangelism of a newly discovered continent. The good men and women who were considered rich in their day put on the line their lives and their livelihoods and their wealth and lost them all for the sake of this nation and its Christian principles chiefest among them "love thy neighbor."

Echoed through the hallowed halls of Congress when plain speaking Harry Truman Democrat and lightfoot Baptist by his own admission faced down the greedy capitalists of his day who tried to whine their way out of the Marshal Plan to help rebuild Europe... "Just one simple principle, gentlemen, the reason why the Marshal Plan must pass Congress... 'Love thy neighbor.'"

Another Marshal about that same time (Peter Marshal chaplain of the Senate) preached a fiery sermon about an America then and was it worthy of the troops returning to it? Those who sacrificed life and limb for an America that (in his words) had turned its back on Christ and Christian principles... (this was 1945).

I am not happy with Obama... but America has been getting what it deserves in small doses for over 50 years now. As each segment of each generation in that time frame turns its back on God and the founding principles of this nation God by the simple fact that he must sanctify his good name must exact severe judgment on a nation that charters its course in his name and is blessed more than any other nation for doing so when it departs his course and shakes a fist in his face for all the world to see and corrupts its children with lies and abuse and harnessing them with a debt for their pleasure seeking that they cannot pay...

Judgment is sure to come.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indonesia [Smile]
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider this...from a news article in Education News

New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) Contrary to public belief that the US is the preferred destination for studies, a new survey released Monday found that the traffic is two-way and the flow of US students to India has increased by 24 percent last academic
year.

The Institute of International Education (IIE), a US based non-profit educational
and cultural exchange organisation, in a new report said 'American students' are increasingly seeking non-traditional destinations to study abroad

Another article I found on line just now said 1700 American students completed their higher education in India...

Now India does not allow dual citizenships that is correct but an American can go to school in India or while in India without giving up their US Citizenship.

Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again...regardless of what Indian law my say or insist on which I am not sure what you are saying is correct, the Constitution is the Law here and I have provided you with the law here. Presisent Obama fits these requirements because his mother is an American...that is the law here. He obviously would have been too young to make such a decision for himself and his mother never gave up her right to American citizenship, so whether or not I agree with the politics of the extreme left, under the Constitution of the United States he has every right to be President.

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obama's mother is a natural US Citizen, therefore Barak is automatically a natural citizen no matter what country he was born in. So he may or may not have dual-citizenship but he does have US citizenship from birth and so he qualifies...sorry for those who foresee this as an Obamanation before the Lord but he is legit and owes no one any explanation whatsoever
Paul, I appreciate your message, but you are wrong in some regards.

In order to attend Indian schools, he could not have a duel citizenship.

That means he had to give up all citizenship to America, which means he completely looses every single bit of his rights as an American and the positions thereof.

No matter if his mother was born here or not.

That is not an opinion, or an emotional outburst – that is fact.

Second, YES, YES, YES, YES he does owe his people an explanation.

By saying he shouldn’t have to prove he is a citizen is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard in my entire life.

Next, you have to register for the draft in order to run or hold a public office.

He can not provide that either.

So there are two things that he must provide in order to hold office, which his administration refuses to provide.

It is absolutely and in complete totality extreme defiance of our laws to not provide such evidence.

Why hold it back?

Why not just provide it to squash the rumors?

If he provided them, I would say, “Oh, I’m deeply sorry. I was wrong.”

Again, YES he does owe us an explanation, thank you.

quote:
So for the sake of not bringing unibtentional shame to the name of our Lord do not feed this engineered frenzy any longer...they are banking on Christians caught up in right-wing political persuasion to make a lot of noise and be made to look foolish.
I don’t think I’m am bringing any shame upon the name of the Lord in any way shape or form.

I am not just speaking as a Christian on this matter, but as a life long citizen of the United States of America.

And if you are an American, it is your duty to demand these things too.

Allowing someone to run our country who is not eligible to do so is one of the very things that can topple nations.

I don’t take what you are saying as an insult, but I read your words and am completely flabbergasted at your view point on this matter.

Are you an American citizen? If so, you should demand this evidence too.

If a leader is asked to provide information to his people, he should provide said evidence – especially when the very people who demand such evidence has given him the office he holds.

There are MILLIONS of people in the United States who only want a simple piece of evidence.

Those millions of people have a voice here and have a right to know.

It has nothing to do with being “right or left” in political affiliation, but abiding by the laws of this great country – the very laws that made this country great and secure to begin with.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Dear Mentors Riddle,

It would be cool if it turned out a President was impeached for non-citizenship, but in this case people are being pimped. Obama's mother is a natural US Citizen, therefore Barak is automatically a natural citizen no matter what country he was born in. So he may or may not have dual-citizenship but he does have US citizenship from birth and so he qualifies...sorry for those who foresee this as an Obamanation before the Lord but he is legit and owes no one any explanation whatsoever. The people who started this rage appealed to people's emotions (like the phony Y2K scam)...falling for these causes a lot of problems and are often inspired by extremes from the right and the left...

Here is the constitutional requirement:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So for the sake of not bringing unibtentional shame to the name of our Lord do not feed this engineered frenzy any longer...they are banking on Christians caught up in right-wing political persuasion to make a lot of noise and be made to look foolish.

Please take this not as an insult but as what I believe to be wise advisement to a fellow saint out of love...

in His name,

Brother Paul

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1258543/Meet-chubby-boy-curly-hair-New-photographs-Barack-Obamas-childhood-Indonesia-emerge.html

YOU COULDN'T have duel citizenships at this time... you couldn't go to indian school if you weren't a citizen...

put two and two together people!

he isn't eligable to be president!!!

We Americans need to wake up...

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement