Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » making a difference

Author Topic: making a difference
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To have been a Kennedy in the early '60's or late 50's was a challenge. Here is a family whose members saw tragedy. A family wiped out by murder and circumstances. But because I believe no life that is snuffed out goes unnoticed. God holds life in his hands and he decides who lives and who dies. If my history serves me well, John F. Kenndy was the only president who was Catholic. Ted Kennedy lost my respect when he advocated abortions especially post term abortions. That being said, if it weren't for God's grace, salvation would be impossible for him and for us all.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Share the Good News!
This is what it is all about....

you will not find any part of the True Gospel "Good News" in the Roman Catholic Wh!ore's message....

I have no desire to hope anyone go to hell, but I have no desire either to water down the seriousness of Yahshua's warning that few will enter eternal life...straight is the gate and narrow is the path that leads to eternal life.....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Share the Good News!

http://www.biblemaster.com/info/sharing.asp

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The purpose of my post was not to praise Ted Kennedy but to challenge us Christians to "make a difference" with the gospel of Jesus Christ not the legislation of politicians, liberal or conservative democrat or republican or independent. Few individuals will get as much attention from the media as he did in the last few days, which is why we should make every effort that we can to get the story of Jesus proclaimed throughout America and the world. Love and compassion can neither be implemented by legislation nor restricted by it. That was demonstrated by the short but transforming ministry of Jesus Christ. We don't need a legislative reform in health care. We need a spiritual revival in morality and love for God and our neighbors. And this revival must begin with a lot of personal repentance not more religious or social programs of community renewal. It is a waste of space and time on this thread to discuss whether or not Edward M. Kennedy was saved. We should be engaged in more important discussions, IMHO.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it stands to reason that we question Ted's salvation. He was one of the most liberal of the Senators, pushing values that did not line up with the Bible. Only God knows if he made peace with God before he died. Truth is that could be said of alot of people. My cousin died today. I have not seen him in years, so I do not know if he made right with God before it was too late.

Now it is too late for both of them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...according to the testimony of Ted's niece, he was looking forward to a reunion in Heaven with his loved ones who had passed on ahead of him and spoke of this openly through his last days upon the Earth.

I appreciated the words of his niece.

Where oh where would any of us be without the mercy and grace of our Savior?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you will hear no praise from me about Ted Kennedy...

Ted Kennedy was one of the biggest crooks in Washington...one of the main politition's that passed all the legislation that stole the money out of "the Social Security Funds"

never forget America also has Ted Kennedy to thank for Barack Obama's conformation for the Democrat nomination for president and becoming president....

I hope Yahshua was his Savior but there is very little evidence this is the case....being he was a member of the Roman Catholic Wh!ore

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the passing of the "lion of the senate" we are left with the question, "who is now going to make a difference in our lives?" Ted Kennedy was certainly a very effective legislator and representative of the people of Massachusetts as well as the "poor" and other such classes of people with many needs.

With all of the honor and attention that was given to him through his funeral, I'm wondering if we Christians are prepared to really begin to make a difference in our society and the ways that people relate to each other. He received a lot of praise and thanks for how he related to others, even those who differed with him. Who among us is able to do the same?

Now is a prime time to repeat the story of Jesus who came and died to make a major difference in how human beings live with each other and with God, and a BIG difference between His story and that of Ted Kennedy is that JESUS IS STILL ALIVE!
Our major media channels aren't going to be broadcasting this story, so it is up to us. Let us get on with it in a way that will "make a difference". What a challenging time to be sharing "good news"!

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement