Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » How to be saved. Written by an 8 year old

Author Topic: How to be saved. Written by an 8 year old
TheBibleSender
Advanced Member
Member # 7046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBibleSender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all sorry for the late reply. God bless. [Smile]

--------------------
We need used bibles. PM me for more info

Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video TheBibleSender!

Hi gershonitegirl [wave3] Welcome to the Christian BBS!

Yes, our Lord Jesus Christ does respond to those who call to Him in need.

"Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn with lyrics written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton (1725–1807), published in 1779. With a message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of the sins people commit and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognizable songs in the English-speaking world.

Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed into the Royal Navy and became a sailor, eventually participating in the slave trade. One night a terrible storm battered his vessel so severely that he became frightened enough to call out to God for mercy, a moment that marked the beginning of his spiritual conversion. His career in slave trading lasted a few years more until he quit going to sea altogether and began studying theology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Grace

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gershonitegirl
First Post
Member # 9674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gershonitegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Bible Sender,
I watched your video. It was very good. I'm afraid some people here aren't going to be happy with me for sharing this with you, but some people don't get saved "the regular way", like myself.

My dad was Jewish and my mom was Baptist, I went to temple and church until I was in junior high. They wanted me to decide for myself... I decided I was confused. So I read books on Eastern and occultic religions and became even more confused.After I graduated high school, a friend invited me to church. I was very Biblically illiterate concerning the New Testament. I Just wanted to know "the Truth". People around me were kind and I did find Jesus, before I really understood what sin was, or why he had to die for us. He taught me after I cried out, but I do know he comes to people who need him desperately that don't have understanding of him, but have a lot of need.

Keep going!

--------------------
Mollie F. Gershon

Posts: 1 | From: St. Louis, Missouri, USA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBibleSender
Advanced Member
Member # 7046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBibleSender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a video I made for my son based off of his tract I helped him write. Please pray for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef5nUYuqMjg

--------------------
We need used bibles. PM me for more info

Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement