Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Sound Doctrine

Author Topic: Sound Doctrine
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
This is not a fable!

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Miller:
Christ gave the Commission to preach to all the world and every creature, and if they believed what they preached, they would be saved, and if they believe not, they shall be damned..Matt. 28;19 and Luke 24;46,47. These two Scriptures say the same thing, but some say they are different.Now Jesus can't say, for what Kind of God would that be? Matt.
28;19 says to Baptise in the Name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghos..Notice He said the NAME...Singular. The Father is who He is, but that is not His Name. The Son is who He is, but that IS NOT HIS NAME. Luke 24-46,47 says it Behoved Christ to suffer and rise from the dead the third day that Repentence and Remission of Sins should be preached in His Name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem...See that is the same thought Matt.28;19 has. The Apostles never preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as they were going to school under the Schoolmaster, as they were commanded by Jesus to wait till they were endued with Power from on High, or be filled with the Holy Ghost. Now in Acts 2;14-Peter standing up with the ELEVEN.Preached Acts 2;38, as in verse 37 they said men and Brethern, and Peter said to repent and be baptised every one of you in the NME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF YOUR SINS, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.VERSE 39 SAYS FOR THE PROMISE IS TO YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, AND TO ALL THAT IS AFAR OFF, TO AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL. tHIS IS SOUND DOCTRINE.
nATHAN mILLER.

You need to lay aside the error Nathan and turn to the whole Word of God and seek the Truth.

quote:

"We only baptize in 'the name of Jesus'"--is thought to be a spiritually advanced and "deep" view. One Scripture is pitted against another for no purpose except to prop up a bogus notion, with confusion as the result. And we know who the author of confusion is...

Is God "modal"? Was He Jehovah, then Jesus, and now the Holy Spirit (sort of like the "modes" of water--can be any of three but not all at once) or is He the 3 in "one"?

1John 5:7 (NKJ) For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Here is our explanation, if you have ears to hear it.

Mat 28:19-20a (NAS) "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you."

There is no disagreement in Scripture--we are given direct instructions on the NATURE OF GOD and HOW TO baptize in the form of "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit", and also told that people were baptized in narratives on other subjects in a sort of "shorthand notation"--to differentiate it from the multitudinous other Mikvas (baptisms) the Jews were famous for.

Acts 19:5 (NAS) When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

As an example, if I write this from the house of "Dean, Laura, and Catalina", that would tell you there were three of us in this one house. But nobody would flinch if in a narrative about what Dean did in a typical day, it was said "We went to Dean's house". Oh no! Now Laura doesn't exist! And Catalina is fading fast! Or perhaps this statement could be used to launch into the silly fantasy that Dean transmogrifies himself into Laura or Catalina from time to time--a CHANGELING. Nonsense, just a shorthand way of describing to normal, sensible people what happened and whose house is being referred to. If there were 20 statements of "going to Dean's house" and only one of "who else was in the house" in a book, the logical conclusion would be that both statements are true and that by "going to Dean's house" you also get Laura and Catalina as an extra bonus. Right? Am I going to fast?

Anyway, that is how most believers in all ages have seen it. We are told HOW to baptize in texts commissioning us to this purpose. Trinitarian baptism is differentiated elsewhere in narratives by being described as "in the name of Jesus", as opposed to the "baptism of John" and so forth. But this is merely a shorthand reference, not a proscription. To make a badge of superiority out of such a simple mistake is not a good sign.

2 Cor 13:14 (Wey) May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

http://www.acts17-11.com/dialogs_jesus_only.html

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan Miller
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ gave the Commission to preach to all the world and every creature, and if they believed what they preached, they would be saved, and if they believe not, they shall be damned..Matt. 28;19 and Luke 24;46,47. These two Scriptures say the same thing, but some say they are different.Now Jesus can't say, for what Kind of God would that be? Matt.
28;19 says to Baptise in the Name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghos..Notice He said the NAME...Singular. The Father is who He is, but that is not His Name. The Son is who He is, but that IS NOT HIS NAME. Luke 24-46,47 says it Behoved Christ to suffer and rise from the dead the third day that Repentence and Remission of Sins should be preached in His Name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem...See that is the same thought Matt.28;19 has. The Apostles never preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as they were going to school under the Schoolmaster, as they were commanded by Jesus to wait till they were endued with Power from on High, or be filled with the Holy Ghost. Now in Acts 2;14-Peter standing up with the ELEVEN.Preached Acts 2;38, as in verse 37 they said men and Brethern, and Peter said to repent and be baptised every one of you in the NME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF YOUR SINS, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.VERSE 39 SAYS FOR THE PROMISE IS TO YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, AND TO ALL THAT IS AFAR OFF, TO AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL. tHIS IS SOUND DOCTRINE.
nATHAN mILLER.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no it is not a fable...

THE CONFESSION OF SALVATION
Romans 10:9-10

Our hope is anchored in our relationship with the living Lord. That's what it means to be saved. Paul said, "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" (Romans 10:9-10).

Believe With Your Heart

"Jesus is Lord." That's the oldest creed in Christendom. What does it mean? Most people encounter the word lord only when it is part of a bigger word, such as landlord or warlord. But when Lord is applied to Jesus it is not restricted in any way. It is not confined to any place or sphere of influence. That's why no one can call him Lord, but by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:3). To call him Lord is to acknowledge that he is God manifested in human flesh. It means more than just speaking the words, but living under his lordship. For, as Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." The earliest creed is "Jesus is Lord" and the earliest statement of faith is "God raised him from the dead." Christians believe not only that Jesus lived but that he lives. They don't just know about Jesus; they know Jesus. Their religion is not ancient history; it is current events and future hope.

"I serve a risen Savior, He's in this world today;
I know that he is living, whatever men may say;
I see his hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer,
And just the time I need him, he's always near.
He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus lives today!"

The resurrection can't be tested for truth; it is the test of lesser truths. No light can be thrown on it; its own light blinds unbelieving eyes. But once accepted as a fact, the resurrection of Jesus explains more about the universe, more about history and more about the state and fate of humankind than all the mountains of other facts.

God raised Jesus from the dead not just as an invitation for us to come to heaven when we die, but as a declaration that he himself has established permanent residence on planet earth (Revelation 21:3). The resurrection places Jesus on this side of the grave — here and now — in the midst of life. He is not just standing on the shore of eternity beckoning us to join him there. He is standing beside us strengthening us in this life. The good news of the resurrection is not that we shall die and go home with him, but that he has risen and comes home with us.

Crown Him the Lord of life,
Who triumphed o'er the grave,
Who rose victorious to the strife
For those He came to save.
His glories now we sing
Who died and rose on high,
Who died eternal life to bring
And lives that death may die.

"It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Confess With Your Mouth

Belief in your heart comes before confession with your mouth. You can't give others something you don't have anymore than you can come back from somewhere you haven't been. What you believe in your heart, you must confess with your mouth. The gospel is gospel not when it is believed but when it is confessed. The rock on which Jesus built the church is not Peter's confession but a confessing Peter.

The gospel is something dynamic, something that is doing something. Shut it up and it ceases to be the gospel, the good news of the living Christ. Christianity is both a belief and a confession. It is not enough that God knows you're a Christian. Others must know it too.

"For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified." Justification does not come from the opinions of others. It comes from a heart that believes Jesus Christ arose from the dead and thus "justified freely forever." With your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved. Though confession begins with sin, it doesn't end there. It goes on to confess, "Jesus is Lord." It is good to be a Christian and know it; it's even better to be a Christian and show it. "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so" (Psalm 107:2).
The reason that some people don't talk much about their religion is they don't have much to talk about. They say something by what they don't say. Their silence speaks louder than words.

True faith in the heart will always produce confession in the mouth. Jeremiah wrote, "If I say, 'I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,' then within me there is something like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot" (Jeremiah 20:9).

Christian faith is not a private deal you make with God. It is a public confession. Jesus said, "Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven" (Matthew 10:32-33). If the gospel is true, it is the best news this world has ever heard. It is inconceivable that anyone should hear it and believe it and then fail to tell it.
One day a tiny ant found its way into the Beyer kitchen. It wandered around until it found the jelly jar. As soon as it discovered this treasure, it hurried away and told a bunch of its buddies, "Hey, there's free food! Follow me!" They, in turn, told every ant in the neighborhood. You and I have been privileged to "taste and see that the Lord is good" (Psalm 34:8). Have you shared that good news with others?

The most dangerous word in human language is the word "bread" when shouted to a starving crowd. Entrusted with the "Bread of life" that came down from God out of heaven, Jesus Christ, how can we just stand by while others die in need of it (John 6:33)?

You can choose to be a Christian, but you can't choose to be a witness. Jesus Christ has already made that choice for you. "You did not choose me," he said, "but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last" (John 15:16).

You and I are witnesses for Christ not because we choose to, nor because we wish to, nor because we are paid to, but because we are told to.

Matthew 7...
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

James 1...
22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Matthew 7 - Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible

To be doers of the word, not hearers only.

Christ here shows that it will not be enough to own him for our Master, only in word and tongue. It is necessary to our happiness that we believe in Christ, that we repent of sin, that we live a holy life, that we love one another. This is his will, even our sanctification. Let us take heed of resting in outward privileges and doings, lest we deceive ourselves, and perish eternally, as multitudes do, with a lie in our right hand. Let every one that names the name of Christ, depart

from all sin. There are others, whose religion rests in bare hearing, and it goes no further; their heads are filled with empty notions. These two sorts of hearers are represented as two builders. This parable teaches us to hear and do the sayings of the Lord Jesus: some may seem hard to flesh and blood, but they must be done. Christ is laid for a foundation, and every thing besides Christ is sand. Some build their hopes upon worldly prosperity; others upon an outward profession of religion.

Upon these they venture; but they are all sand, too weak to bear such a fabric as our hopes of heaven. There is a storm coming that will try every man's work. When God takes away the soul, where is the hope of the hypocrite? The house fell in the storm, when the builder had most need of it, and expected it would be a shelter to him. It fell when it was too late to build another. May the Lord make us wise builders for eternity. Then nothing shall separate us from the love of Christ Jesus. The

multitudes were astonished at the wisdom and power of Christ's doctrine. And this sermon, ever so often read over, is always new. Every word proves its Author to be Divine. Let us be more and more decided and earnest, making some one or other of these blessednesses and Christian graces the main subject of our thoughts, even for weeks together. Let us not rest in general and confused desires after them, whereby we grasp at all, but catch nothing.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not a fable!

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 4

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Remember there are some here that think it is a cult to repeat the "Roman Road" and tell someone they are saved because they quoted those scriptures...

ENOUGH SAID!

[wave3]

It is clear to all what is required by the legal/grace gospel.

1That OSAS,is a license to SIN~~~!"
2That the Sabbath is to be kept on Saturday.
3That Yahushua must be used in the place of the name JESUS.
4That the Harpazo is a lie.
5That there is no BEMA.
6That there is no such thing as a carnal Christian.
7That THE MYSTERY is a lie.

--------------------
That is all.....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Perseverance, Lordship Salvation, Easy Believism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rolXZMOh50I&NR=1

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement