Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Effective evangelism is 99% obedience

Author Topic: Effective evangelism is 99% obedience
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see people all the time who you fear witnessing to, or do not feel it is your place, or it's not in the proper place or time to say "Hey, have you heard the word of God?"

"Are you saved?"

"Where did everything come from?"

"Why are we here?"

"Do you know Jesus loves you and died for you and rose from the grave so you and I could be with him?"

Sometimes we can or could witness this way. But one of the most effective witnesses is being yourself (provided you are walking the walk). If you are a carnal Christian then your testimony is tainted. The world does not see a carnal Christian as "one of them" or "hey Christians are not that unlike us..." No. They think "Hypocrite!" or "Hmm... if Jesus meant so much to her then she'd stop dressing like a harlot" or "he'd stop womanizing" or "they stop gold bricking at work" or joking like the Lord made no real difference or effect in their lives....

This is my testimony.

I know of what I speak. I actually tried to win sinners by showing them Christians are not unlike them.

You want to server the Lord (and if you are truly his you should want to) then obey him.

And in evangelism, if you get scared... welcome to the club. We may not know it all. We may not be able to outsmart some skeptic or whoever. But we have the Spirit of the Living God in us who will give us what to say. And if we make a total fool out of ourselves... the skeptic may have pity on us and even admire our convictions...

Point is... God knows what they need to see or hear or not see or not hear to effect them to make a choice. Ours is only to do what we are told by our Master. Spread the Good News of this Gospel to every creature and he is with us always even to the end. Amen.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement