Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Hostile to Christians

Author Topic: Hostile to Christians
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 4 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI to all:

EL3LN3TN will not be responding anymore. They were removed for rudness and have been warned before about it.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<LOL!> Rayf..yes, that foot must not taste too good at this point. [pound]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...ok..yeah, I know this is veering off topic...but, so then, you are the "President & CEO" of THREE(!) companies ALL located at your home address??? [Eek!] not in three separate plant facilities??

How many staff/employees do you have? [Big Grin]

btw - No, I really don't think "privacy" would be an issue concerning basic identity facts on something of the magnitude you seem to be implying.

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rayf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EL3LN3TN,

No, it is not MLM. I would starve to death in those types of businesses. Some people are very successful in those types of operations...they are just not for me. I market my inventions. If I tell you what my products are...I might as well give you my home address, etc. because it is easy to "google" me then trace me on out through various means. And, really it is not pertinent for discussing topics here.

I would like to be able to give out all of my personal information...but, I hope you can respect the fact that I like my privacy more.

Your Friend,
Rayf

Posts: 9 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

ok...so with this info, I'm guessing this to be MLM (multi-level marketing), that you run from your home...and you've possibly got "3" pyramids running [Big Grin] [Razz] unless you can provide info otherwise...

...and summa cum laude graduate is a pretty steep accomplishment...from which college or university, might I ask??....

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

EL3LN3TN,

It depends on your definition of the "high life". If you define it to mean that I have a beautiful Wife and three beautiful Children. And, we always have food on our table, we are paying our bills, we are able to give to the church, we are able to help those in need when we can, we can give to various organizations when we can, and we "thank" God Almighty for our very lives..."Yes", we are living about as well as people can live.

If you define it to mean...fancy home, fancy cars, fancy vacations, etc. - then, you might be disappointed.

My Wife and I have never taken a cruise...we have never taken a fancy vacation...we don't wear diamonds, we don't have a lot of material assets.

"Yes", I am the President/CEO of the three companies which are now becoming successful. There are various stages in businesses...With mine it has been...the inventing...the startup...the struggle to "break" even...and, "now" the making of a profit. Next, will come the "growth" phase.

I was not born into a "wealthy" family. I put myself through college graduating Summa Cum Laude...and, have worked since I was at least ten years old.

It takes a lot of money to start a business. I didn't have relatives who could loan me money to start my businesses. For me to be able to start my businesses it took sacrifice...I worked while others were playing...I used my "head" to accomplish things instead of being "negative" and critical to other people.

Plus, my Mother, who passed away not too long back, was totally paralyzed from a stroke. And, we cared for her in our home for over four years. But, we feel blessed that we were able to take care of her.

And, I cared for one Grandmother in my home for 14 years...and, another one for 5 years. One was an invalid...and, the other was in pretty bad health as well.

Yes, EL3LN3TN, we are living the "high" life...but, probably not the one you imagine.

Your Friend,
Rayf

Posts: 9 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Yeah, well - I'd say somebody who's "President & CEO of 3 Companies" might be living the high life.

...looks like our soul-winning Donald Trump has run for the hills... [Frown]

desertdweller
Advanced Member
Member # 6383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertdweller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TexasGM,
Right. We need to avoid even the appearence of evil. Living the high life does not help. Seems modern day church leaders don't know how to deal with the experience of dryness, (thinking = backsliding, but does not), so compensate with comforts of the world. Very sad.
DD

Posts: 51 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray
God bless you. You don't need to prove anything to me. I believe you are indeed the person you say you are.
My fears are that it is easy for even Christians to be misled by Preachers. Recently I had been watching a show on Christian TV. They had 7 Preachers talking about all having this same vision of how Christians were going to be blessed. At first I believed them. After all how could 7 people get it wrong, then God brought to my mind that when God spoke to Prophets, he did not need 7 to get His message across. Often it was one Godly man speaking out against many false Prophets. Of course when the men said how Christians would be blessed by sending their money to the show, I knew it was not about God, but about making money. But, how many elderly people are doing with out basic needs to support Preachers who want to live the high life. I am not talking about local Preachers who are doing good works for God. I am talking about those few Preachers who jet all over the world and live in mansions off the backs of poor people who are desperate financially and are believing that if they send the money they finacially needs will be met. It breaks my heart.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

btw, Rayf - I'll even say that the VanPraagh message board is formatted rather poorly to be effective for even anonymous [Roll Eyes] one-on-one response-type exchanges
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Rayf:
EL3LN3TN,
I have a very busy life...I am the President/CEO of 3 companies. I am a very active Father of three children and a devoted Husband.

I am very well educated with one of my degrees being a B.A. in Religion/Philosopy/Humanities. I read latin, hebrew, and greek. As well as, being fluent in Spanish.

I hold patents on different inventions which are marketed worldwide. In my spare time I write patents for other inventors.

eeeYIKES!! WOW! That's pretty cool, amazing even, but really, REALLY...the personal profile that you're hinting at, w/ this...could you please back these claims up with some specifics???? Which companies & patents specifically?? Tell us some more....

Some links or detailed info on this??? I know of no legal jeopardy in doing this, and I'll be highly suspicious if you're unable or unwilling to do so. [Razz]

quote:
If you would like to be a friend with me at this board or the other board, for that matter, my hand is held out "open" to you in friendship.

However, your "quips" with the other posters and me only serve to show that you have a great fear of rejection which you seemingly choose over friendship.

I feel that those people on the other board are very much "worth" witnessing too. And, I feel you are wanting the Holy Spirit to come into your life. And, you can "help" yourself by letting go of the sarcasm.

I will pray that the Holy Ghost will enter your life and cause those changes within you to start taking effect.

Your Friend,
Rayf

p.s., I calls 'em like I see 'em too...but, I believe I am a better caller than you.

Ok, really, my point being that I don't feel anonymous message bbs such as this one (or the VanPraagh site or anywhere else) are an effective means to accomplish this! Not at all. Not on an inward, personal, real-time level, as can be accomplished thru physical acquaintance, and face-to-face interaction, and real-time daily endeavor.

[Wink]

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

EL3LN3TN,

I have read your past posts...at both boards. And, it seems to me that you are superficially intelligent to a degree. So, I misunderstand your attack on me...unless, you're just "trolling" for new game at this board.

I have a very busy life...I am the President/CEO of 3 companies. I am a very active Father of three children and a devoted Husband.

I am very well educated with one of my degrees being a B.A. in Religion/Philosopy/Humanities. I read latin, hebrew, and greek. As well as, being fluent in Spanish.

I hold patents on different inventions which are marketed worldwide. In my spare time I write patents for other inventors.

If you would like to be a friend with me at this board or the other board, for that matter, my hand is held out "open" to you in friendship.

However, your "quips" with the other posters and me only serve to show that you have a great fear of rejection which you seemingly choose over friendship.

I feel that those people on the other board are very much "worth" witnessing too. And, I feel you are wanting the Holy Spirit to come into your life. And, you can "help" yourself by letting go of the sarcasm.

I will pray that the Holy Ghost will enter your life and cause those changes within you to start taking effect.

Your Friend,
Rayf

p.s., I calls 'em like I see 'em too...but, I believe I am a better caller than you.

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Dear Texas Grandmother,

I agree with you 100% that many of the preachers have left the meat out of their message. And, they are preaching a message of prosperity...which is very confusing to people, those who are not Christian, who are watching their shows.

I, personally, find it very wrong for preachers to become mega-wealthy. It seems like to me that they would want to use that money which they are earning to truly help people in need.

And, I think anyone, who is super wealthy, should have an obligation to be stewards of their money seeing to it that the hungry are fed, the sick receive medical treatment, and the homeless are sheltered.

Those preachers who are preaching a message of making a pledge, (i.e., planting a seed) so they can reap the harvest are charlatans.

I believe that God wants the very best for all Christians...but, it strains credibility when those preaching the word and becoming very rich are not spreading their wealth, as well as, the word. I think their accountability will be questioned when the time comes.

Your Friend,
Ray

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 21 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. [Big Grin]
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find you to be a rude person.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 21 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw - rayf's "witnessing" on that site's a joke. [Big Grin]

I think what'll happen - they'll just disallow anything he posts, and hope he just goes away.

Ever heard the term "get a life"??

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I meant if the Holy Spirit quickens your heart and you ignore the Holy Spirit.

Ok...I'm still not quite sure - you're referring to increased pulse rate or maybe sexual tittilation...and then one resists this??

Is that not merely self discipline, or will??

quote:
There are many preachers who preach the truth of the Gospel. There are also some who have left the meat of the Word and are preaching Prosperity and cotton candy in order to tickle the ears of their congeration. The Bible makes it clear that it the last days there will be those who attend Church that want only to have their ears tickled and do not want to hear the truth. These people are indeed opening their hearts to trouble.

"Meat" versus "cotton candy"...that's interesting.

Maybe the two together would be kind of a Bar-B-Que flavor??
quote:
As far as Christian Counslers, they are not the same as fortune tellers. There are good Christian Counslers who love God and are serving God by helping Christians and non Christians.
betty

Ok -then if they are not "fortune tellers", they are most likely soothe-sayers.
[Wink]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I meant if the Holy Spirit quickens your heart and you ignore the Holy Spirit.
There are many preachers who preach the truth of the Gospel. There are also some who have left the meat of the Word and are preaching Prosperity and cotton candy in order to tickle the ears of their congeration. The Bible makes it clear that it the last days there will be those who attend Church that want only to have their ears tickled and do not want to hear the truth. These people are indeed opening their hearts to trouble.

As far as Christian Counslers, they are not the same as fortune tellers. There are good Christian Counslers who love God and are serving God by helping Christians and non Christians.
betty

--------------------

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
EL3LN3TN

If you are attending a Church or listening to a Pastor on TV and the Holy Spirit quickens your heart that this is a false preacher and you refuse to listen, then you have indeed opened your heart to be mislead by preachers.

...sorry, that's a little hard to follow. If one gets the "feeling" that the message is false, misleading etc...and then they "refuse to listen"...

why, then, will they have "opened their heart" to be misled??
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] That's hard to understand.

Oh btw - I really don't bother with TV preachers at all.

quote:
If as a Christian you begin to take spiritual advice from a fortune teller, you have indeed open your heart to evil.
betty

"Christian counselors" included??? Also maybe hand-layers & trance glossalalia types as well?
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
EL3LN3TN,

Shame on you...I read your post and couldn't quit laughing. They took it all so "serious". And, not one of them saw through it. That is what makes it all so sad for me when I see the level of their thoughts. Paranormal "zits"...lol.

Your Friend,
Rayf

...so I think this is what would be considered "scoffing" on your part, no?? [Confused]

Seriously - what did you "see through" concerning this??

Noooo!! - It was not intended as a joke, if that's what you mean. One of the instances of this took place in an Evangelical Christian School I attended. [Wink]

I got into explaining some of the mechanics that drive the phenomenon, if you will, on my last post over there.

btw - I've already had TWO posts over there that even they are refusing to run, I think.
The "schizophrenia" guy's likely reacting to meds..and I DON'T advise ppl to use those types of forums for personal issues. [Wink]

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

EL3LN3TN,

Shame on you...I read your post and couldn't quit laughing. They took it all so "serious". And, not one of them saw through it. That is what makes it all so sad for me when I see the level of their thoughts. Paranormal "zits"...lol.

Your Friend,
Rayf

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

EL3LN3TN

If you are attending a Church or listening to a Pastor on TV and the Holy Spirit quickens your heart that this is a false preacher and you refuse to listen, then you have indeed opened your heart to be mislead by preachers. If as a Christian you begin to take spiritual advice from a fortune teller, you have indeed open your heart to evil.
betty

--------------------

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

[Confused] oops...the Holy Ghost works thru servers and PC workstations?? Sounds a little like the stuff some of 'em might be promoting on the VanPraagh site! [Big Grin]

oh hey - btw rayf...I've made a couple posts over there on that site already ("distributed_being") [Big Grin]

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Thank you, for all the great replies. I see that the Holy Spirit is working on EL3LN3TN as well.

Your Friend in Christ,
Rayf

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
EL3LN3TN
You are totally missing the point. When someone takes the time, to warn us not to be taken in my evil, and we go in the door anyway, we are asking for trouble. Our Bible Study last night was about avoiding false prophets. We need to avoid those who teach lies.
betty

I'm not sure I'm following you. What evil are you responsible for?? ...and what "door" are you referring to??

Do you mean ppl from here go over to that site and post stuff??

Just asking - what do you think will happen if they do that??

Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read what you wrote texas grandma this scripture came to me

2Ti 3:1 ¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5 Having a FORM OF godliness, but DENYING the POWER THEREOF: from such TURN AWAY.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

The Lord tells us to stay away here is these sctiptures
and to stay away from ALL APPEARANCE OF EVIL

I hear ya sister we are lving in perilous times and it is very hard sometimes to know a Christian from the lost, sad but true .
and these perilous times much DECEPTION IS BEING USED

Many fall for the good sounding lies, the good sounding teachings but not of God's Word

satan has many deceived today and will continue with his lies and deceptions until Christ returns to destroy him and set up his kingdom

that you can believe, its His word

Godbless

oh sylvia brown is a physic however u spell it, a worker of iniquity

she is NOT of God

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

EL3LN3TN
You are totally missing the point. When someone takes the time, to warn us not to be taken in my evil, and we go in the door anyway, we are asking for trouble. Our Bible Study last night was about avoiding false prophets. We need to avoid those who teach lies.
betty

--------------------

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Really, I've never even heard of this James Van Praagh guy...but since this amounts to a form of promoting his site, it looks kinda interesting I might do some posting there, time allowing. Thanx! [Razz]

Watch for s/n's "Hypnoprana" or "Distributed Being" - have'nt decided which I'll use yet.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I forgot. I used to watch Sylvia Browne all the time on Mortel Williams show. When she first came on, I acutally thought she was a Christian. She used to talk all the time about Jesus and her love for Him. Only in the last couple of years has she became obssessed with reincarnation. I do believe that she thinks she is a messenger from God, but she is a tool of the devil. I begin to notice how she tells everyone that their loved one is in Heaven.
The world wants to hear that we can live like we want and still go to Heaven. But this is a lie from the devil. The last time I saw her on the show, she looked so old and she came off as very angry. At one point she even went to walk off the stage and Montel, stopped her. I believe that she may have started out trying to do good, but she has given her self over to the devil and in the end the devil will use you like a tissue and throw you away like a used tissue. What is so sad is she is leading so many people to have false hopes.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Keep up the good work. I know once on a game board, a "Christian" told me that I was embarrassement to every Christian, when I told her that unversial salvation was wrong. This person and I had been friends for quite awhile and had emailed each other often. I know that people can hurt us, but we must speak the truth in love. Hang in there, you are working for Jesus.
betty

--------------------

Rayf
Community Member
Member # 6369

Hello,

I have spent the last six months trying to witness to people who visit James Van Praagh's message board.

It has almost been fruitless. There are many there who claim to be Christian. But, it is the most perverse stretch of Christianity that you can imagine.

Most all of them believe: they have spirit guides; they are reincarnated; they believe that they are all god; they believe that Jesus was just an ascended master; they believe their concept of god is only love and anything else show you are stupid; they believe there are many paths to heaven...on and on.

In my last post to that message board...I said that it was going to be my last post ever. However, the Holy Spirit has let me know that I should continue to post and have hope for some of them.

People like Sylvia Browne and James Van Praagh are their gods. Nearly, every post that I have put on that board is met with hostility. I am told that I am in a little box...and, not on the right journey.

If you want to see spiritual warfare in the trenches...google Van Praagh's website and read the message boards. The board title "general" is the main board of hostility.

Your Friend,
Rayf

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement