Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Open Air Outreach

Author Topic: Open Air Outreach
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EndTimeEvangelist:
WEll Golly gee whiz duhhh and ain't I just one stupid moron?

Where did I read the same exact thing being done?

Let me see, now I might need to hold my wrinkled old fat bald head very very carefully in one position so this 'ITTY BITTY' little pea brain of mine can settle in just one place for a few seconds!

Something I seem to remember being done in a thread somewhere right here in these very forums, now what was that mans name who was being falsely judged and hatefully condemnned, Joel Osteen?

Oh wait THAT'S alright isn't it?

Recorded.
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
I have witnessed to many instances where people from denominational churches were sent to the streets as witnesses by their church leaders to witness to the lost about their denomination and not about Jesus.

I totally agree with you!!!!! This is very true. They would rather get people to come to their church then try to introduce them to Jesus and let them find a fellowship for themselves.

I am a little confused at to why you would make a statement like the above. Sound like something I would say, but I don't claim to be a very tolerant person.

I think I saw you post this:

quote:
Is the act of FALSELY judging, and HATEFULLY condemnning others acceptable in the sight of God?

Sounds like your doing a little juding there to me.

and I also think you posted the below:

quote:
In fact I am more mature than to commit the abominations being commited by those who pass FALSE judgments and murderous condemnnations on other CHRISTIANS!

REAL Christians DON'T vicioulsy, violently and hatefully murder other Christians with their words or their actions!

Hummmmmmmmm.......

WEll Golly gee whiz duhhh and ain't I just one stupid moron?

Where did I read the same exact thing being done?

Let me see, now I might need to hold my wrinkled old fat bald head very very carefully in one position so this 'ITTY BITTY' little pea brain of mine can settle in just one place for a few seconds!

Something I seem to remember being done in a thread somewhere right here in these very forums, now what was that mans name who was being falsely judged and hatefully condemnned, Joel Osteen?

Oh wait THAT'S alright isn't it?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have witnessed to many instances where people from denominational churches were sent to the streets as witnesses by their church leaders to witness to the lost about their denomination and not about Jesus.

I totally agree with you!!!!! This is very true. They would rather get people to come to their church then try to introduce them to Jesus and let them find a fellowship for themselves.

I am a little confused at to why you would make a statement like the above. Sound like something I would say, but I don't claim to be a very tolerant person.

I think I saw you post this:

quote:
Is the act of FALSELY judging, and HATEFULLY condemnning others acceptable in the sight of God?

Sounds like your doing a little juding there to me.

and I also think you posted the below:

quote:
In fact I am more mature than to commit the abominations being commited by those who pass FALSE judgments and murderous condemnnations on other CHRISTIANS!

REAL Christians DON'T vicioulsy, violently and hatefully murder other Christians with their words or their actions!

Hummmmmmmmm.......
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, are we too reach out to the lost with the love of CHRIST, or love of denomination?

Their specific motive, and combined effort was to strictly labor to keep all those they witnessed to OUT of any church which did NOT conform to their exzclusive doctrinal teaching.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That site was hard David! I liked it.

You know, I believed what you said about outreach. I want to do some of that stuff, yo. I want to take it to the streets! I want to preach the word to the dying world, and accomplish my mission here on earth to win souls for Christ Jesus.

It's the people on the streets, and in the streets, the folks not in church, who need to hear the gospel the most.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something we agree on David! I don't think Christians (espeically me unfortunately) are not involved enough with outreach, however that may be (charity work, social services etc).

I've always thought that one of the most effective ways of evangalising is through good work though - if people see us 'practicing what we preach' they tend to be more open to listening.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't awesome, that people of Korea are sending Missionaries back to the USA, because the USA, is loosing their way! It is just like USA sending missionaries back to Europe!
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian laymen who utterly refuse to merely go to church rather then actually be the church. Through biblical methods of evangelism they bring the message of eternal life to a dying world.

Often times the most neglected mission fields are our own. America has churches what seems like every corner and yet those who need to hear the gospel the most often hear it the least. We are here to take the gospel to where it belongs.

There are four vital aspects to our evangelism. They are: prayer, tracts and bible distribution, one-on-one, and open-air preaching. Although we may also be apart of food and clothing ministries, working on the front lines sharing the unadulterated message of repentance towards God is our TOP priority.

http://www.openairoutreach.com/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement