Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Should We Feed The Poor?

Author Topic: Should We Feed The Poor?
RLF
Community Member
Member # 5389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RLF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" Is this not the fast I have chosen? to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppresssed go free, and that you break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out, when you see the naked , that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh?...Isaiah 58, verse 6, 7.

3 points and observations i would like to make with you my brothers and sisters in Christ.

1. The majority of the people Redding Loaves and Fishes serves.
A. Grandmothers who suddenly find themselves parents again, because of mothers, fathers, in drug addiction, prison,, etc....
B. Those living in cars for whatever reason, drug addiction, alcoholics, mental health issues, etc...
C. Those who have lost their jobs, houses, cars, etc, for what ever reason.
D. Those who are being spiritually attacked.
E. Again, the economy of Redding is very depressed, menial jobs for minium wages
F. Those ex drug addicts and alcolholics who are crying out to Jesus, taking the first courageous steps in recovery, living in half way houses , etc..
G. Single mothers, for what ever reason.

2 Redding Loaves and Fishes is pleased and humbled to serve all of these, showing no partiality, "For judgement is without mercy to the one who who has shown no mercy, Mercy triumphs over judgement". James 2, verse13. "If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, you shall love your neighbor as yourself, you do well." James 2, verse 8. "Listen my beloved brethern,has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? James 2, verse 5. Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God. Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them. Who keeps truth forever. Who executes justice for the oppressed. Who gives food to the hungry. The Lord who gives fredom to the prisoners. Psalm 146, verses 5 - 7. For I was hungry and you gave Me Food?.......

3 The majority of those being served are not happy at all to be in the situation of having to come for emergency food. also , a woman came to another food agency once, after she got her food, the staff saw her get in a very expensive car, and cut her off all services, not realizing that her car also was her only home and shelter.

At Redding loaves and Fishes , the policy of food distribution is two times a month to clients, but if needed, I talk to clients further, and that policy can be waived, food insecurities can last much longer than a month, and every effort is extended to them to find the causes, as well as prayer, and refer them to other agencys who can help. Occasionally, the devil will put me in that "hamster wheel" of whos abusing the system, and whos not, generally leading to a hardening of the heart. The Holy Spirit has never told me to deny food to anybody who I thought was abusing the ministry, and is it not the Holy Spirits job to convict the consciousness of those who are?

http://www.reddingloavesandfishes.com/

--------------------
RLF

Posts: 18 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement