Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Street Evangelism Team

Author Topic: Street Evangelism Team
Heavenstorm
Community Member
Member # 5321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heavenstorm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our program is really in the beginning stages, so I'm not sure exacly how we're going to handle the presentation aspect. I do expect to be able to dedicate a half hour or so to communicate the entire salvation message, and at the end have a call to repentance. I believe we need to make sure the listeners know the whole story before we jump into the repentance message.

Our approach may be a bit a more laid back to allow people in the neighboorhod to become familiar with our program and our church. I also hope to incorporate a servant evangelism program where we can pass out food and clean up the neighborhood. There are many services we can perform as a congregation to the community that are easy to do.

We will come back on a regular basis, developing a presense in the community that will send a positive message about our church and Christianity.

This is our program strategy. The end result is church growth, where we start with new believers and provide them compelling reasons to attend church, even if it's not ours. We will have a home study group ready to bring them in and get them started.

From there we expect to see more regular attendance at church and there they will be fed the Word of God they need to survive and have a congregation there that supports them. In turn, everyone ends up supporting each other.

Our program objective is still not as important as our prayer objective. The decision to choose Christ and put your belief in Him and follow Him can only result with the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Our battle really is supernatural in origin and starts with intercessory prayer.

Our plan is to teach our outreach team the basics of intercessory prayer and spiritual warfare before we begin the presentation development. I plan to have two classes dedicated to this, and begin regular prayer meetings on Monday nights. We used to do this at my old church and it was very effective in bringing people in, even without a formal outreach ministry.

Prayer is really what it takes to get the hard part done. Then everything else is logistics from there. We have to get out there on the streets and share the message of salvation and preach the truth, but to do it effectively so it's accessible by people who have never been exposed to that message. We do this by making an entertaining presentation that communicates the message in its entirety.

Perhaps we can brush on the basics each night, dedicating 10 or 20 minutes to it, but use the other hour and a half to go deeper into details and drag it out over the course of two or three presentations.

Some people may be willing to dedicate thier lives after hearing it the first time because they have been exposed to it before. Others are going to need more convincing. I would expect that there will be a lot of questions that would best be directed at the Pastor, or someone who is very familiar with the Bible and theology.

Others may not seem to respond at all to the Biblical aspect, but may respond to the prospect of making new friends. I think this is probably going account for the majority of people we meet.

Eventually, as they are exposed to the truth, and the example set by the team and the church, they will be more open to recieve the truth and eventually salvation.

God knows what each individual needs. He's not going to force himself on them, and some will take more time than others.

Posts: 19 | From: Douglas County, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This year our church is putting together a street evangelism team and I'm involved with getting it on the road starting with a very small group of youth, probably no more than four...I'm interested in hearing what y'all have to say..."

God is the Creator; Satan is the imitator.

Will you be sharing the Word of God to people on the street as a way to entertain them -- or will you encouraging them to repent of their sins?

Many groups these days care more about being popular in some competitive way than to actually be doing something that draws sinners to Christ.
I hope your motivations are honorable and your efforts will become an effective outreach in your community.

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heavenstorm
Community Member
Member # 5321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heavenstorm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year our church is putting together a street evangelism team and I'm involved with getting it on the road starting with a very small group of youth, probably no more than four.

The youth leader wants to take us on neighboorhood missions where we will set up a stage on a flat bed trailer and do live music, drama, puppet shows, a whole variety of different things. Our leaders are talented in performing arts and have experience in live productions and we are looking forward to reaching our community with the truth of God's Word.

I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with a ministry like this or knows of any good ministry links that might be helpful in this early planning phase.

We may also choose to network with local churches to evangelise.

Maybe you would be interested in starting a similar program at your church.

I'm interested in hearing what y'all have to say.

Chris

Posts: 19 | From: Douglas County, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement