Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » "JIGROP" is a one-word message!

Author Topic: "JIGROP" is a one-word message!
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...It seems you are out there using the JIGROP approach out there on the street. If you are then I'm grateful you're out there providing people with the message of Christ...What are your thoughts? What is your approach to evangelism?..."

This is the concept: IMAGINE Christians in all nations wearing JIGRIP shirts when they go into public places. Since people are curious by nature, a few will be asking "What does JIGROP mean?" When that happens, a door for communication has been opened. The witnessing team will then proceed as they feel led by the Lord.

Also, to emphasize "Christian unity" on an international level, I am encouraging people to take this non-exclusive approach rather than trying hundreds of different ideas. Once the JIGROP word has become established in the public consciousness, new teams in various places will appreciate being a part of a worldwide movement.

Just think about the impact this one word could make when lost souls are fearing earthquakes, hurricanes, and wars. Their memory of JIGROP -- "Jesus is God, repent or perish" -- might be the last thing on their minds, causing them to repent before they go to meet their Maker.

--------------------
DO A WEB SEARCH TO FIND JIGROP

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heavenstorm
Community Member
Member # 5321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heavenstorm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can certainly see where you're coming from. Chaos and I voiced our support for an approach that is more gradual.

The sense of urgency really needs to be on the Christian leadership and the Church to produce programs that not only evangelise the community but provide support for them in thier Christian walk. It takes the whole church working together as a team.

Salvation is a spiritual transformation that requires both the truth of God's Word, and the Holy Spirit of God who convicts them. They work together. After that it becomes a personal one on one relationship with God Himself.

The truth is that message is compromised if we don't address the consequence of unrepentance, and that relationship cannot occur without it.

But we can't be hasty in our approach. Yes, there needs to be a sense of urgency, and the consequences of not evangelising and teaching the truth is extreme. But the truth to us is senseless to them unless they have a background and foundation of Christian teaching like ourselves.

The urgency needs to fall squarely on the Church. The leaders and congregation needs to wake up and be constructive towards building thier church and focusing on thier local community outside of thier walls.

We shouldn't be satisfied with church growth when it's only bringing in Christians from other churches. This is counterproductive to us.

As Christians we should support our church and talk with our leaders and do everything we can to convince them to reach thier community through outreach.

If our church does not reach out, it is a disobedient church, disobedient of Christ's command to go into the world.

Telling someone to repent and having them say the sinner's prayer doesn't necessarily make a Christian. And a new Christian without the support of a church congregation and leadership of a good Pastor is going to eventually fall away. And that approach doesn't make any sense to me.

It seems you are out there using the JIGROP approach out there on the street. If you are then I'm grateful you're out there providing people with the message of Christ. I don't exactly what you do when you meet new people to witness to so I'm not knocking your ministry. I just hope your'e making sure those people understand where you're coming from and not running away accusing you of being judgemental towards them.

What are your thoughts?
What is your approach to evangelism?
These questions are directed to all.

Chris

Posts: 19 | From: Douglas County, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tennessee Elijah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Are you somehow connecting the recent devasting natural distasters to hit the south to God's wrath?"

Elijah responds> August of 2005 was the result of August of 2004. God gave rebellious souls a year to repent, but they remained set in their sinful lifestyles. More info is on my web site.

"If you are this is what gives the term 'fundie wacko' credence in the eyes of non-Christians."

Elijah responds> I honestly am not concerned about what anyone other than God thinks about me.

"Heavenstorm's point ought not to be so lighty dismissed. When we fail to build a relationship with those with whom we want to share the Gospel we risk undermining our own efforts and alienating a soul. The burden lies on us. We need to do our job well, with love and grace. If we fail to put our spiritual hands and feet where our rhetorical mouth is, then we come across as hypocrites."

Elijah responds> I am not dismissing Heavenstorm's or your opinions lightly. I agree that love and grace are wonderful attributes in the life of a Christian -- yet it amazes me that there is no sense of urgency being demonstrated. Millions of souls are doomed to eternal separation from God unless they are encouraged to repent.

"I've raised this issue before here, and I know that there are those who disagree with this stance. But my heart tells me that all of Christianity is going to be called to account one day and asked why we let the hunger and homelessness and disease to persist when we had the power to do something about it."

Elijah responds> I agree that we should be doing more to help "the least of these" -- but souls are more precious than all the human bodies on this planet.

"It is not our job so save souls. That is God's job."

Elijah responds> I do not have the power to save souls -- and I have never suggested that I do. However, there are ways to convince sinners that it would be in their best interest to repent. Isn't that what Christ would want us to be doing?

"Our job is to love our neighbors and to spread the Gospel through our character, our action and our attitude."

Elijah responds> Amen! I agree! Yet how would we explain to God -- or anyone else -- that we were so busy loving our neighbors and enemies that we were unwilling to explain why they need to understand this simple reality: Jesus is God, repent or perish?

As you know, God "loved the world" and He allowed Jesus to die on the cross so lost souls would not "perish." --John 3:16 -- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Lately, I've been wondering if being "popular" among their peers is more imporant for some Christians than "seeking first" the Kingdom of God? Personally, if I know an atheist, agnostic, hypocrite, or anyone serving a false god -- my first priority would be to warn them: JIGROP! Getting them to repent of sin would be the best way I can think of to prove how much God and I love them.

--------------------

Posts: 55 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaoschristian
Advanced Member
Member # 5273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaoschristian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tennessee Elijah:

Are you somehow connecting the recent devasting natural distasters to hit the south to God's wrath? If you are this is what gives the term 'fundie wacko' credence in the eyes of non-Christians.

Heavenstorm's point ought not to be so lighty dismissed. When we fail to build a relationship with those with whom we want to share the Gospel we risk undermining our own efforts and alienating a soul. The burden lies on us. We need to do our job well, with love and grace. If we fail to put our spiritual hands and feet where our rhetorical mouth is, then we come across as hypocrites.

I've raised this issue before here, and I know that there are those who disagree with this stance. But my heart tells me that all of Christianity is going to be called to account one day and asked why we let the hunger and homelessness and disease to persist when we had the power to do something about it. It is not our job so save souls. That is God's job. Our job is to love our neighbors and to spread the Gospel through our character, our action and our attitude.

--------------------
Why are you reading my bio when you should be paying attention to the post?

Posts: 109 | From: Snack Food Capital of the World (Hanover, PA for those of you who don't know) | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

I appreciate the kind sentiment you have expressed, Chris, but my only response it this:

These serious words written in December 2005 need to be copied and shared – internationally! Every person claiming to be a Christian should reach out across the nations with one unified goal in mind: use the "JIGROP" word to witness!

This final instruction from God must be obeyed to inspire revival and avoid further disasters. If "Christians" are willing to serve this Holy Purpose, the wrath of God will not be seen in places where demons live. Do we understand why it is better for thirsty people to drink the meaning of "John 3:16" than to drink water? Do we understand why it is better to bring lost souls into the Kingdom than to feed them with food when storms destroy homes? Questions asked by strangers in public places when they see the "JIGROP" word can be answered by Christians in a loving way. They can be told in all languages and dialects, "Jesus is God, repent or perish!" No other one-word message is more powerful or relevant in these days leading to Armageddon. Do not be deceived by those who believe their ways are better than God's ways. He is testing our faith, separating wheat from chaff, wanting sheep to be divided from goats, and looking for reasons to bless His obedient children. If you are willing to receive Spiritual guidance, go to the web with a computer and click links at JIGROP.com for ideas on how to get started.

--------------------

Heavenstorm
Community Member
Member # 5321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heavenstorm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is definately a message that many churches fail to address, but I prefer a different approach.

Keep in mind that most non-Christians who don't go to church probably don't have the complete picture of salvation and redemption like Christians who approach the Bible with care and study.

I would imagine that a good number of people on the streets don't know what the word "repent" even means.

I think the best thing to do is to consider WDJD

What Did Jesus Do? How did He handle the people on the street? He met thier needs, provided food, miraculous healings and showed great compassion and patience with the people.

I think the church needs to learn from that example and put thier actions out before thier teaching. When you develop a relationship with those who are not saved then they'll take interest in church and in the Word of Truth. By living an example of one who desires to seek and live the heart of God you'll generate interest in others because they'll see that value. They'll desire God and want to repent.

I see nothing wrong with saying outright that you must repent and turn to Christ and away from your sin, putting your faith in Christ's atonement for our salvation. I do however think we fail in our approach if the person doesn't demonstrate a understanding of foundational knowledge before we come to them with that particular message.

Unless they understand where we are coming from, we come off as being condemning and judgemental. This was not the ministry of Christ. Christ condemned the church leaders who were judgemental, not the sinners.

Chris

Posts: 19 | From: Douglas County, Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tennessee Elijah
Advanced Member
Member # 5277

My sense of urgency about every moment of time from this day through 2007 can be summed up in one word: JIGROP!

Every person on our planet needs to be challenged with this message: Jesus is God -- repent or perish!

If Christians in all nations will humble themselves enough to "advertise" this vital message in public places, it might be possible to redirect the focus of Christian --"religious" -- leaders away from activities that have nothing to do with drawing lost souls to Christ. We need to offer a person-to-person approach to witnessing that encourages Christians of all ages and backgrounds to get involved. Will you volunteer to wear a "JIGROP" shirt or cap to the mall? Will you quote "John 3:16" when a stranger asks: "What does JIGROP mean?

If you are a sincere Christian, please get think about sharing this idea with your friends. I challenge you to experiment with a few shirts or caps in your community to see what kind of reaction you get when visiting restaurants or the mall.

Click this site for more information:

JIGROP

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement