Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Christianity in the Workplace

Author Topic: Christianity in the Workplace
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where I worked last we couldn't really share Jesus that often...but at Christmas time I was lead by the Holy Spirit to order a Bulgarian language bible and give it to a co-worker. She was here on visa and spoke very broken english. I knew she wasn't christian but since she couldn't speak english well I knew she could read the bible in her own language. She cried as she turned the pages. Later, I lost contact with her but I trust that God's will was done.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cefaison
Advanced Member
Member # 4955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cefaison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot something. I also have a desktop wallpaper on my computer at work which has a bible verse as the centerpiece. I don't think you have to forcefull push your faith on others. They should be able to see it in how we live and how we act and who we are.
In Christ
christie

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catbert1951
Member # 5072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catbert1951     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, being a disciple of Jesus Christ is indeed far more than leading a bible study in your workplace. It is being a Christ-like employee. What should separate the Christian employee from all others, is not necessarily their superior talent, but rather their superior character!

I am curious as to what some Christians are allowed to do within their workplace to demonstrate their faith, and hopefully be willing to share their experiences both good and bad.

Thank you for your initial comments; I look forward to others.

Your BIC,

Catbert1951

Posts: 3 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ is not what we do, it is who we are. Being a Believer in front of your co-workers is not a matter of having Bible studies, passing out tracts, playing Gospel CDs or preaching to them. It's how you behave.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cefaison
Advanced Member
Member # 4955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cefaison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My manager and I discuss our beliefs. I also listen to the Christian radio station or my Christian CD's all day. I work in a law firm and sit at the front desk, and have not had a problem at all. I also forward emails at times that show my faith. And earlier this week, I received a forwarded email from one of the attorneys that was a faith based email. I was the only one in the office she sent it to. I emailed her back and told her that I thought it was beatiful and I really enjoyed and she replied that she thought I would. It brought tears to my eyes to have it validated that I am a 'light in the darkness'. [Smile]
In Christ,
Christie

Posts: 23 | From: Orlando, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catbert1951
Member # 5072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catbert1951     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious as to how you are able to practice your faith where you work? I realzize many employers prohibit bible studies etc, but many are also tolerant of such activities.

Your and my workplace may very well be a tremendous mission field to demonstrate Christ to our non-believing co-workers and have the opportunity to disciple.

Anyone able to "openly" show their faith where they work? If so, please share your experiences?

Look forward to your comments.

Catbert1951 [rapture]

Posts: 3 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement