Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » The 7 enemies of Evangelism

Author Topic: The 7 enemies of Evangelism
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] [clap2] I really enjoyed this! I believe each and everyone who is a Christian has a duty of evangilizing! Som may just picking people up for church etc.. We have to continue as ourselves this question

HAVE I DONE MY BEST FOR JESUS, WHEN HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR ME?

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Good. Thank you for sharing.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This section came from Jamie Morgan of http://www.evangelize.com

I thought this article was excellant in its relevancy and is very important to remember. I thought I should share it with you all. Enjoy:

http://www.evangelize.com/enemiesofevangelism.htm

If there were a wiretap in hell’s war room, the strategies to stop God’s people from evangelizing would be revealed. We, who have the message of power, life, love, peace, and joy, need to guard ourselves against falling into these snares. There are at least seven reasons why Christian’s don’t win souls.

1. Deception—“I’m not an evangelist.” Before we were Sunday school teachers, choir members, or even world famous preachers, we were Christians. Jesus said, “Follow me, and I will make you a fisher of men.” God never intended to leave witnessing to the evangelists and pastors. The entire body of Christ is to be salt and light to this dying world.

2. Fear—“I’m afraid of rejection.” 2 Cor. 5:14 says, “The love of Christ compels me.” If you were paid $1000 every time you shared the gospel, would that motivate you to do it all the time? If so, how much more should your love for God motivate you to witness to someone? Fear is sent by the enemy to paralyze us and keep us from increasing the population of heaven and decreasing the population of hell.

3. Apathy—“I just don’t care.” Apathy is indifference and lack of concern, the exact opposite of passion. Passion is intense desire. As a tire can get a slow leak, so our Christian walk can experience passion leaks. Place soul winning at the top of your priority list. If it is not at the top, it will wind up at the bottom.

4. No vision for the harvest—“Why bother evangelizing? No one will want to get saved.” This is in direct opposition to what Jesus said in John 4:35: “Open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for the harvest.” We will only do what we believe. We need to get a vision of the vast harvest God has placed before us.

5. Forgetting what it was like before we were saved—“I can’t remember that far back.” Deut. 5:15 says, “Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand and outstretched arm.” We can’t ever forget what our life was like without Him, to be a prisoner to sin, in chains, serving the god of this world. This will enable us to see all of the hurting people in our lives in a new light.

6. Lack of prayer—“I gave up praying for my lost loved one’s. They are hopeless.” If you want to see results in witnessing—pray, pray, pray! The battle for the lost is raged on our knees. Prayer + the love of God + the Gospel = a soul won to Christ.

7. Not knowing how to evangelize—“I want to witness. I just don’t know how.” This is the easiest evangelism enemy to overcome. There are many wonderful seminars, books, and tapes on soul winning. Meditate on soul winning Scriptures in the Bible and tell the Lord your desire to learn. He will send resources and people across your path to help you. He is just looking for willing vessels!

--Jamie Morgan

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement