Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Evangelism   » Talking About Jesus

Author Topic: Talking About Jesus
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A powerful and moving testimony to our glorious Lord and how He will lead His precious children.

Kind of reminds me of Apollos and how Priscilla and Aquilla took him under their wing and taught him the way of the Lord more perfectly. Acts 18 I believe.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andyman
Advanced Member
Member # 4781

Icon 7 posted      Profile for andyman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the story

Talking About Jesus by Sherri Josephson

I recently drove the children from our home in Oklahoma to New York City to visit Kim where he is singing. We had a great time. On my way home I decided to drive through Columbus, Ohio where I stopped at a Burger King. I saw a young man with a bible in one hand and a cigarette in the other standing outside the establishment. He was talking with a group of Christians that were leaving.

As I passed I mentioned it was good seeing him with a Bible. When I left he sheepishly asked what I was reading in the Bible (I think it was his way of witnessing). I wheeled around and said that God had been showing me great things in Ezekiel. He stated that he was a minister and did mostly street preaching. I explained that being a minister of the gospel car­ried an awesome responsibility of not offending the little ones by smoking cigarettes. He said he was working on that. I told him Jesus has called us to surrender and make Him Lord in every area of our lives - there should never be the words "no Lord" coming out of our mouths. If he wanted the blessings of God he must die and let Jesus live through him (Gal.2:20).

I also explained if he had areas of sin that he wouldn't give up, then he would be like the rich young ruler (Luke 18). He must ask Jesus to take the ax of his judgment to the root of that sin and destroy it. I told him Jesus must be Lord of all or he's not Lord at all. Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the king­dom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them. I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matt. 7:21-23). I went on to explain the road to heaven is a narrow one and few there be that find it (Matt. 7:14). Then I asked him "Will you be one of those that says yes Lord?"

He began to open up and share some of his questions about ministry in general. I explained that ministry is simply service. The greatest service we do for Jesus is to tell others about him. The Great Commission is not a suggestion it's a command, and the command is for all of us to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature (Mk. 16:15). This is our duty. Every one of us is called to this ministry. Then I went on to say that it's not enough to preach at people anyway. God wants us to pray, God wants us to weep, God wants us to mourn, God wants us to care! In Ezk. 9 God blesses those who mourn over the sins and abominations in the land. I explained that whatever we do, it must come out of a broken heart full of love. I asked him if he would be one that would care enough to pray for their souls or was he just concerned about his ministry? Would he stand in the gap for a lost and dying world (Ezk. 22)? Or warn the wicked of the wrath to come and be able to lift up clean hands to God (Ezk. 3). Did he want the anointing of God? Or was he just content to play games? What are you going to do? I asked.

The Holy Ghost was so present. The spirit of God had used this time to grip this man's life. Can you imagine out of; nowhere, comes a woman and her children confronting someone they will probably never see again, with the eternal Word of God. The anointed Word breaks the yoke. A work was being wrought in the Spirit in the parking lot of a Burger King. God is so good! We didn't kneel down and pray, but this young man had made a choice for a new beginning.

As I drove away, I was blown away at how great God is! That God would stop me in all my rush to minister to one of his little ones. That God would use my words to draw one closer to him. I don't know who got the most out of this expe­rience but I went away so full of the Holy Ghost that I was ready to shout! If we'll just obey he'll rock our world! Tell some­one about Jesus. Share you faith.
Don't be ashamed - do it today!

--------------------
IN 2000, WE AMERICANS spent 94 Billion Dollars lavishly on our home churches. However, the average North American Christian gives only 50 CENTS a week to global missions.

Gospel for Asia - Fire on the Altar

Posts: 60 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement