Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Introduce myself

Author Topic: Introduce myself
analoguegirl
Member # 14940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for analoguegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Betty. I would like you, anyone to pray for my friend, who is a new Christian, from Islam! What a miracle! who believes that he is under "demonic possession". I tried to explain it is not possible for the saved to be "possessed" and that the realm of "demons" and ghosts is the stuff of Hollywood and not real. With this response he told me that "our friendship is over!". That is fine, but I do hope he finds that this "possession" is not real. He refused to read Scripture I presented to him. He is totally fixated on demons, and claims he "sees" them all over, and that I am the wrong one. Sigh.

--------------------
1 Thessalonians 2:13: "We also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe."

Posts: 5 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board. I have been a member for many years. I only started to write my blog, three years ago. It was when I developed colitis and for two years they could not find medication to help control it. The more I cried out to God about my situation the more I felt led to begin to write for Him. I still have the colitis and am in a flair at the moment but I am no longer discouraged. I used to crochet until OA made that too hard. I admit I play a lot of computer games and read books from the Library.

Feel free to ask me to pray for any request. You can send a private message for prayer request if you prefer.

Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
analoguegirl
Member # 14940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for analoguegirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! Thanks to the moderator(s)/admins for accepting my member request. It took a long time, in fact I'd forgotten about even registering, and I received an email that my registration was accepted. Woo hoo!
How did I find the site? Through the "Read through the Bible in One Year" audio set. I choose mp3s to listen to, and apply them to a playlist in my Windows Media Player. Sometimes I chose other mp3s of my own to listen to, and sprinkle the audio Bible in random places in my player. Listening to the play list helps me memorize the Bible instead of silently poring over page by page in my book Bibles.

I live in Arizona, it is extremely hot, dry and sunny here. My user name is based on my hobby of collecting analogue equipment: electronics etc. The digitization of things has really ruined a lot of stuff- young people have no idea how wonderful an orchestra sounds, or any good music, because they only heard it after it's been compressed digitally, then reprocessed to oblivion. Digital telephony may be cheaper, but it ain't better. Anyway, I digress, and I could go on and on about "digitization". It is just another form of technology, and without it I would have the pleasure of listening to the Bible in One Year programs from the site.

I have "old fashioned" hobbies: knitting, crochet, needlework.

I enjoy Old Time Radio programs immensely. Ive an opinion about today's vs old time media: One of my favorite old time radio series is "Democracy in America", an audio series available on archive dot org. Why don't American media outlets provide programming on the high level it was from 60-70 years ago? It's funny, how we've come so far in technology, that it has become "dumber".

--------------------
1 Thessalonians 2:13: "We also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe."

Posts: 5 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement