Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Greetings to all from Pastor Marc

Author Topic: Greetings to all from Pastor Marc
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks WildB. It's much easier to read when it's divided into short paragraphs.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My story starts in 1948, so for now I'll fast forward and take up some later and very trying years. Guess you can get my basics off the profile. Carol's been helping me to get my pix posted, and thank her much for that. I can try and sum up my 1st 17 yrs in this world of flesh. I know I was born of Jewish parents, but raised a ward of the courts. Simply put that means I was placed in many different institutions because I was never in Foster or adopted.

I was very good at escaping and running from institutions and spent much longer growing up on the streets of Chicago in the 50's. The Korean Street Vets of that time, or Homeless, looked out for me.Back then there was no such thing as dumpsters, but at 0200 when the restaurants closed we hit the alleys, looking for the freshest food thrown out. I guess I made a little reputation for myself back then.

My first pets were the rats that shared the alleys and food with us. I got so they'd come to me so they could get stroked, and if I had food, fed them. The Vets helped me get a room at the YMCA Hotel on S.Wabash Ave, that's the SW corner of the Chicago Loop.Rent was only $12.00 a month there, and that's all I had 1 room. Everything else was shared at the end of the hall. I had no trouble picking up odd jobs at the wee hours of the morning, and mopped and washed dishes at night. Probably why I never sleep at night I guess. At 15 the police got a hold a me again and this time put me in Elgin State Mental Institution, in Elgin Il.

I spent the next 3 yrs there, and never had a day without fighting. Many of the teens on the ward would stage fights, just so they'd get a shot of Thorazine, which they got addicted to. Finally I got where I stood secluded from the others. So not to bring up the worst of what happened, I'll move up 3 years, where I went before a board of Psychiatrists, sorta like a parole board to determine my choices now that I was about to turn 18. I was to get transferred to Halleron, which was a special adolescent unit and get bused to school, or be discharged to join the Army. So I did the Army, and it was just as bad as 3 years in Elgin. For that matter it was much worse.

One topic I skipped was, at one point the Korean Vets chipped in and sent me to a Christian Camp in Michigan for 2 weeks. It was then and there I accepted Jesus as my true Lord and Savior. I prayed nightly from my earliest years to Christ, because I came to know him in many of the Churches I went to during Winters, not to say I didn't attend many Sunday services.

So Christ was always an integral part of me. When I got out in 1969, I came out a bitter person, and wanted nothing to do with people. So from that time on I've lived as secluded as possible from Human life. I guess when I say I was hateful, that wouldn't be the right word, but I knew 2 weeks after I got out that I never wanted to father a child into this Evil World, and had a vasectomy to close that deal.

Over the years until 55, I collected over 300 W2 forms. Not because I was lazy, on the other hand I was always the hardest and the best worker at whatever I did. And I did mostly hard physical labor jobs. But where ever I worked I'd run into that same stereotype foreman or manager, that wasn't happy unless he was making life miserable for the best workers it seemed. Well, back then when after a few months that person came on me, I went into a blind rage and either walked out with him on the floor, or just walked out period. 99% of the time the owner or person in charge of the company would call me and ask if I'd consider coming back.

By then it was too late. That person took what I loved doing and turned it into something I hated doing. But back then jobs were plentiful, and so were those people in charge. At 50 I had 2 heart surgery's 9 months apart, and wrote it off as CAD. At 54 I re-established myself with the V.A., and at 55 so many physical malady's came at once, I could no longer work. To my surprise everything went backwards.

I got on S.S. disability with no problem, once they looked through my medical records. It took me 10 years of fighting the V.A. to finally win my 100% service connected disability. Prior to that you have to fill out an annual means test, and that would determine, from what you made, how much your co-pay would be. It wasn't like that in the 60's, and I couldn't believe they charged me for my meds then at $8.00 per med x 10 meds was 80 a month. I wouldn't go on other meds cause I didn't make that much on S.S. Just nuff to pay my bills. So you see why I fought it so hard, and every year I'd get their annual determination, and it said denied denied denied! When I won the case finally, it opened more avenues at the V.A. for me, hearing aids, new teeth, an aluminum wheelchair ramp here at my home, and a wheelchair made to fit me.

Because my arms still work I chose a manual chair, and got a new pair of glasses, bi-focals, all in the past denied to me unless you are 100% service connected disabled. About then AOD was taking over me, and asked my Primary Care Dr, how long before gross physical disability sets in. She told me 1 to 1 1/2 years.

That day I called this guy in Minnesota and bought my Power Parachute. On my U-tube homepage in my profile if you go there, I've done 7 sermons now, and by request left 1 of my flying videos in with my Power Parachute. It's about as close as you can get spiritually to God, and when my legs finally went out, no one would help me load it or get it to the farm I flew from and help me set it up. So after 2 years I sold it. I missed the spiritual aspect of flying it so much that God opened my ears to the Holy Spirit and on my wife's birthday July 27, I became an Ordained Christian Minister, and even though I carried Christ and God in me daily through all my years, a renewed interest in the deep studies of Theology grew in me, and continues to this day. I always ran into stumbling blocks, more so in the O.T. , then the N.T. So I have 5 different versions of the Ministers Bible, with each version opening more insight and understanding, with the concordance that was in the back of each Version. So that would be KJV,NIV,ESV,NASB, and the Amplified Version.

But even with these, I still had questions, so I added the New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, which takes any word in the Bible to it's original Hebrew, Arameic, or Greek meaning of that word. After that suddenly it became a toss up between Vines Bible Dictionary, or Holman's Bible Dictionary. I chose Holmans because Zondervan revised it and brought it again up to date with more maps and timeliness. So as in History of WW1 and WW2, it's finally opened that kind of understanding in me. Well, later on I'll tell you about that precious Camel in my profile pic. God Bless all. Amen Pastor Marc

Just a sugjestion that works well with keeping interest in the read and a rest for the eye, is to put so much then a pause point break to think and absorb. Then it makes it easy to pick up from where one last ended. All this info packed like this is very hard to read to most. Just a observation. I will deleat this after you read. Put your breaks were it best keeps the reader wanting to read more and a space to rest.Mine are just a example I hope you didnt mind

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother_Marc
Community Member
Member # 11034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother_Marc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My story starts in 1948, so for now I'll fast forward and take up some later and very trying years. Guess you can get my basics off the profile. Carol's been helping me to get my pix posted, and thank her much for that. I can try and sum up my 1st 17 yrs in this world of flesh. I know I was born of Jewish parents, but raised a ward of the courts. Simply put that means I was placed in many different institutions because I was never in Foster or adopted. I was very good at escaping and running from institutions and spent much longer growing up on the streets of Chicago in the 50's. The Korean Street Vets of that time, or Homeless, looked out for me.Back then there was no such thing as dumpsters, but at 0200 when the restaurants closed we hit the alleys, looking for the freshest food thrown out. I guess I made a little reputation for myself back then. My first pets were the rats that shared the alleys and food with us. I got so they'd come to me so they could get stroked, and if I had food, fed them. The Vets helped me get a room at the YMCA Hotel on S.Wabash Ave, that's the SW corner of the Chicago Loop.Rent was only $12.00 a month there, and that's all I had 1 room. Everything else was shared at the end of the hall. I had no trouble picking up odd jobs at the wee hours of the morning, and mopped and washed dishes at night. Probably why I never sleep at night I guess. At 15 the police got a hold a me again and this time put me in Elgin State Mental Institution, in Elgin Il. I spent the next 3 yrs there, and never had a day without fighting. Many of the teens on the ward would stage fights, just so they'd get a shot of Thorazine, which they got addicted to. Finally I got where I stood secluded from the others. So not to bring up the worst of what happened, I'll move up 3 years, where I went before a board of Psychiatrists, sorta like a parole board to determine my choices now that I was about to turn 18. I was to get transferred to Halleron, which was a special adolescent unit and get bused to school, or be discharged to join the Army. So I did the Army, and it was just as bad as 3 years in Elgin. For that matter it was much worse. One topic I skipped was, at one point the Korean Vets chipped in and sent me to a Christian Camp in Michigan for 2 weeks. It was then and there I accepted Jesus as my true Lord and Savior. I prayed nightly from my earliest years to Christ, because I came to know him in many of the Churches I went to during Winters, not to say I didn't attend many Sunday services. So Christ was always an integral part of me. When I got out in 1969, I came out a bitter person, and wanted nothing to do with people. So from that time on I've lived as secluded as possible from Human life. I guess when I say I was hateful, that wouldn't be the right word, but I knew 2 weeks after I got out that I never wanted to father a child into this Evil World, and had a vasectomy to close that deal. Over the years until 55, I collected over 300 W2 forms. Not because I was lazy, on the other hand I was always the hardest and the best worker at whatever I did. And I did mostly hard physical labor jobs. But where ever I worked I'd run into that same stereotype foreman or manager, that wasn't happy unless he was making life miserable for the best workers it seemed. Well, back then when after a few months that person came on me, I went into a blind rage and either walked out with him on the floor, or just walked out period. 99% of the time the owner or person in charge of the company would call me and ask if I'd consider coming back. By then it was too late. That person took what I loved doing and turned it into something I hated doing. But back then jobs were plentiful, and so were those people in charge. At 50 I had 2 heart surgery's 9 months apart, and wrote it off as CAD. At 54 I re-established myself with the V.A., and at 55 so many physical malady's came at once, I could no longer work. To my surprise everything went backwards. I got on S.S. disability with no problem, once they looked through my medical records. It took me 10 years of fighting the V.A. to finally win my 100% service connected disability. Prior to that you have to fill out an annual means test, and that would determine, from what you made, how much your co-pay would be. It wasn't like that in the 60's, and I couldn't believe they charged me for my meds then at $8.00 per med x 10 meds was 80 a month. I wouldn't go on other meds cause I didn't make that much on S.S. Just nuff to pay my bills. So you see why I fought it so hard, and every year I'd get their annual determination, and it said denied denied denied! When I won the case finally, it opened more avenues at the V.A. for me, hearing aids, new teeth, an aluminum wheelchair ramp here at my home, and a wheelchair made to fit me. Because my arms still work I chose a manual chair, and got a new pair of glasses, bi-focals, all in the past denied to me unless you are 100% service connected disabled. About then AOD was taking over me, and asked my Primary Care Dr, how long before gross physical disability sets in. She told me 1 to 1 1/2 years. That day I called this guy in Minnesota and bought my Power Parachute. On my U-tube homepage in my profile if you go there, I've done 7 sermons now, and by request left 1 of my flying videos in with my Power Parachute. It's about as close as you can get spiritually to God, and when my legs finally went out, no one would help me load it or get it to the farm I flew from and help me set it up. So after 2 years I sold it. I missed the spiritual aspect of flying it so much that God opened my ears to the Holy Spirit and on my wife's birthday July 27, I became an Ordained Christian Minister, and even though I carried Christ and God in me daily through all my years, a renewed interest in the deep studies of Theology grew in me, and continues to this day. I always ran into stumbling blocks, more so in the O.T. , then the N.T. So I have 5 different versions of the Ministers Bible, with each version opening more insight and understanding, with the concordance that was in the back of each Version. So that would be KJV,NIV,ESV,NASB, and the Amplified Version. But even with these, I still had questions, so I added the New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, which takes any word in the Bible to it's original Hebrew, Arameic, or Greek meaning of that word. After that suddenly it became a toss up between Vines Bible Dictionary, or Holman's Bible Dictionary. I chose Holmans because Zondervan revised it and brought it again up to date with more maps and timeliness. So as in History of WW1 and WW2, it's finally opened that kind of understanding in me. Well, later on I'll tell you about that precious Camel in my profile pic. God Bless all. Amen Pastor Marc
Posts: 8 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement