Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Backslider. My journey home

Author Topic: Backslider. My journey home
:lostandfound:
First Post
Member # 10833

Icon 18 posted      Profile for :lostandfound:     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me post here my first two posts from my blog 'coming home'. Amy help advice and prayer would be greatly valued by me.

This is my story. It is a story of failure and my calling back to God. I have been a Christian for a long time. I was always devoted to God and his family. Several years ago I began to let things slip. Church, prayer, bible reading all stopped. God was less and sin was more. My first love was put 'on hold'. That was until a week ago. God said 'enough'. All props were removed from me in a second. I crashed and stumbled in the pit of my own sin. Nowhere to run! At the end of myself....God! It was him. Whispering, 'it's Ok'. It was him again...'I still love you'

I have started the journey 'home' and I want to share it in the hope that it might help others. I want to share my thoughts, readings, devotions as I find my way back. The road will be long and hard, but there is nowhere else for me to go. Come with me.

Visit my blog of my journey
http://bringmehome0412.wordpress.com/

Post 2
The weather changes. Fashion changes. Even change changes. God has not changed and cannot and will not ever change. He is always the same—yesterday,today and forever.

My strength is fuelled by this great truth. Though over the last few years I have ebbed and flowed. Though I have forgotten and fallen short so many times, his covenant remains firm. He loves not because of what I am but because of what he is. Where else is there to go?

A love that loves that which us un-lovely. [dance]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement