Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Is It right to preach the hebrew bible and nothing else

Author Topic: Is It right to preach the hebrew bible and nothing else
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *exbate*:
I went to a church tht the minister was saying that he didnt beleive in the god head three in one that the bible wasnt god breathed and that jesus couldnt read of wright. I know this to be wrong because of what the bible sayes, so how can a minister stand up and preach when he dosent belive in any of this. he keeps harpping on about the old testomony when god made a new covenent with us through the son of man. is it me or is what the minister is preaching wrong?

I would shake the dust-off and leave this teaching.

Luke 4:
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Jesus was the very WORD of God manifest in the flesh. HE wrote the Book.

The Holy Spirit of God indwelt the Apostles and brought them all Truth:

John 14:

16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

All of the Word is revealed, inspired, and illuminated even today in the hearts and lives of His children.

2 Peter 1:
20: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21: For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Peter 3:
15: And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16: As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17: Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
18: But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 Tim. 3:

14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

To deny the Word of God is to be devoid of Christ and to have wrested the scriptures unto their own destruction.

The Lord prefaced His teachings so often with "it is written", and then expounded the Truth of God. Those who deny the Word are liars and deceivers.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*exbate*
Advanced Member
Member # 7707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *exbate*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a church tht the minister was saying that he didnt beleive in the god head three in one that the bible wasnt god breathed and that jesus couldnt read of wright. I know this to be wrong because of what the bible sayes, so how can a minister stand up and preach when he dosent belive in any of this. he keeps harpping on about the old testomony when god made a new covenent with us through the son of man. is it me or is what the minister is preaching wrong?
Posts: 25 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement