Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Greeting from a new member

Author Topic: Greeting from a new member
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello in Him

[wave3]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
in him
Community Member
Member # 7110

Icon 16 posted      Profile for in him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all i just joined i found this forum by searching out christian forums from what i see it fairly bible based looking foward to posting
Posts: 18 | From: mo | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Esther,
Thanks for the response and compliments regarding my website. It is nice of you to list it among your "favorites". It may take you awhile to read everything that I have on the site, but skip around in regard to your interests. I think that my statement on "Getting into heaven" is somewhat unusual. It is pretty well ranked in the search engines.

My statement on "Sharing and Basic Economics" was just recently added to address some of the economic problems and concerns that are currently being discussed in the campaign for president. I get sad when I see so much selfishness and irresponsibility among the citizens of our country. There is no way that a popular "Santa Claus" can get us out of this mess.

I hope that you enjoy this forum. It is the best Christian forum on the Internet.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bob. You have a nice website. I read your introduction and getting into heaven messages and saved your site to my favorites for further review. You are well spoken. Romans 10:9-10 is the premise of my book, although the message is wrapped in an imaginative tale. It is my hope to encourage believers in their faith walk and challenge unbelievers to seek the truth.

Thanks for sharing.

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Esther,
Congratulations on getting your book published. I too am a writer. I've made a living as a Christian writer and editor for many years. I've written some curriculum materials for my denomination and a lot of public relations materials for two of its schools. I served as an editor of adult materials on our national staff for six years. I enjoy this gift that God has apparently given to me. Now I'm retired, but I continue to write. You can see some of my writings on my website, http://www.christianityetc.org May God continue to bless you in your continued ministry of writing.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome, Dale. I'll keep the board in my prayers. I'm also married to the love of my youth, who is still very much my great love, next to the Lord. Our family isn't very big, though--one son, one daughter, one son-in-law, one grandson, and one granddaughter. But I can't thank the Lord enough for them.

You're a want-to-be author? I found the writing part fun; but as for the rest of it, the jury's still out. However, it has been a good learning experience. I wrote the book ("Hidden Passage," released last October) to satisfy a persistent urge to write the salvation message in an entertaining tale. The idea knocked at the door of my mind about the time I was seeking something to do for the Lord. At first I ignored the idea, but it kept on knocking. Eventually it occurred to me that maybe it was the answer to my prayer so I sat down at the computer and prayed something like, "Lord, if this is coming from you, I need help."

As I sat there trying to think of some kind of storyline, Bigfoot crossed my mind. I thought why not? there's sufficient evidence today to reasonably conclude the creature exists; and if it does, it's one of God's creatures, one we know very little about. I decided to have it kidnap the main character. When I couldn't think of a way to describe the abduction, I skipped that part and had my character wake up somewhere. When Karen Wright woke up, I didn't know where she was. When I figured it out, I didn't know where she was going. The story just unfolded one prayerful thought at a time; and when it was finished, the salvation message was in it. Then I asked the Lord if we were going to publish it and googled under "Christian publisher." The first one up was Tate Publishing. When I read their statement of faith, I knew in my heart they were the one to approach. I e-mailed the manuscript to them and they sent me a contract.

It's an imaginative tale of a lost people trapped in a secluded valley. When a Bigfoot encounter lands Karen Wright in their midst, their hope of finding their way out and back home to their families is rekindled. Along the way, some of them experience the joy of entering into a personal relationship with the loving God who created all things. The heart of the story takes place in a hidden canyon deep inside Wenatchee National Forest where reality touches fantasy. It somewhat reflects my interest in the elusive creature we call Bigfoot, or Sasquatch, as well as my faith in a very loving, powerful, marvelous God and Creator.

Since then I've written another book, but I haven't submitted it to a publisher yet and don't know that I will. (This post is getting a little long winded. Maybe it's time to cut it off.)

Have you written any books? You write well. I love your posts, at least the ones I've read so far.

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 14 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Esther, great to have you here....

I am a husband to one, the love of my youth, dad to 5 girls, a father-in-law to 3 wonderful men and grand-dad to 16 girls and boys, a want to be author and a long time member of this board and best of all the Child of Yahweh, a brother to Yeshua and a member of the Body of Christ....

Hope you enjoy it here, the people here are just like family, forgiving and honest with each other...

It’s a church of a sort, maintaining the Spirit of unity while endeavoring for the unity of the Faith. (Conviction runs deep and strong)

We all share the common bond of Yahweh’s forgiveness through the Blood of Yeshua and a hope of eternity with Him and each other.

Remember this board in your prayers, that we all may glorify Him who has called us into union with Him, that we all may be a light and encouragement to each other and those around us as we work out this great Salvation.

Let us work together while there is yet light, for darkness as the world has never known is coming soon when the Antichrist time has come, he is reveled and the Great Tribulation begins.

Let us all be ready, for Yeshua will return soon…

Be Blessed
dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I'm Esther Mesterton, a wife, mother, grandmother, new author, and new member to Christian Message Boards who loves the Lord and lives in Washington state. I enjoy spending time with the Lord and my family and venturing into wilderness areas with my husband. God has blessed us with so much beauty. Everything he has made is wonderfully made. And his love is measureless. The greatest demonstration of it is found in Jesus our Savior.

I also enjoy writing, especially when I sense God's presence. It has been many years since I have posted anything on a Christian message board. It feels good to be back.

Blessings to all,

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement