Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Hi. I'm new here.

Author Topic: Hi. I'm new here.
PresbyGirl
Community Member
Member # 6818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PresbyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I'm new here today. I'm a 60-year-old divorced mother of 3 grown sons (no grandchildren yet). I have worked for the past 18 years as the secretary for my church -- a job I love -- and from which I don't think I'll ever want to retire. I do some mentoring of youth, teaching adult classes, and leading prayer groups. I am also a certified life coach, but you could call me a "tentmaker" coach. God has given me a burden for the poor, and so the people I coach either can't afford to pay anything, or just a nominal fee.

I've been a Presbyterian all my life (thus the screen name)and I don't remember a time when I didn't believe in Christ. Trusting him is a differnt matter. I'm still learning, and God is amazingly creative in the ways he brings about circumstances that require deeper trust.

Things I love to do: I do some oil painting (just for fun. I'm not very good), some writing (I'm better at that), and a lot of cooking (I'm REALLY good at that). I love the arts, and I often find secular books, movies and music to be chock full of spiritual insight (sometimes more so than "Christian" ones) -- a real cry of the human heart for God, even though the human who is crying out has no idea what he/she is crying out for.

Things that make my blood boil: injustice, oppression, racism, sexism.

The most powerful driving force in my life is my primal longing to know God deeply, intimately and experientially, so prayer -- particularly contemplative prayer -- plays a big part in my life.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

--------------------
If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa

Posts: 14 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement