Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
Sauron
Member # 6708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sauron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by corriee:
Okay, I look forward to reading more of your post.
I am new here also, very new..
I have been saved for 57 years, since I was 8 years.
Thanks for your polite responses. I like that.

I don't know if I'm saved. I know the comments of Jesus say I'm saved because I accept him, but I find it hard to believe there's room in Heaven for a sinner like myself.

Peace be unto you.

--------------------
"The Kingdom [of Heaven] is inside you and it is outside you.

Posts: 5 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I look forward to reading more of your post.
I am new here also, very new..
I have been saved for 57 years, since I was 8 years.
Thanks for your polite responses. I like that.

Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauron
Member # 6708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sauron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are right, we are always sinning. I guess
what I was trying to say is, did you repent.
Sinning we do, but we don't sin on purpose just
because we are saved. We turn from known sin.
I have enjoyed 'talking' to you.
It is time for some sleep here.

Yes, I repented. I still do, almost every day. I pray to God to forgive my sins.

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 5 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right, we are always sinning. I guess
what I was trying to say is, did you repent.
Sinning we do, but we don't sin on purpose just
because we are saved. We turn from known sin.
I have enjoyed 'talking' to you.
It is time for some sleep here.

Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauron
Member # 6708

quote:
Great, may I ask a question? What do you mean
by 'I was saved a couple days ago'?
Do you believe the gospel? That is Jesus was born of Mary, man of very man and God of very God, the cleansing of your sin by the blood of
Jesus through His death, burial and resurrection?
Did you see yourself as a sinner and turn from
sin to new life in Christ?
Jesus, the Son of God did die for you and for me.
He is able to save us and keep us, until He comes
for us.

Yeah I believe the gospels... that's why I said I'm a Christian.

We never turn from sin. We always sin, in my opinion. We never truly turn away.

--------------------

corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Great, may I ask a question? What do you mean
by 'I was saved a couple days ago'?
Do you believe the gospel? That is Jesus was born of Mary, man of very man and God of very God, the cleansing of your sin by the blood of
Jesus through His death, burial and resurrection?
Did you see yourself as a sinner and turn from
sin to new life in Christ?
Jesus, the Son of God did die for you and for me.
He is able to save us and keep us, until He comes
for us.

Sauron
Member # 6708

My name is Nick and I hail from Washington State, and I have a problem. Lol just kidding. (No more bad AA jokes I promise)

Just a couple days ago I accepted Jesus as my savior. Since then I've been both happy and doubtful. Doubt gnaws at me because I think to myself if I've been too impulsive. So it goes.

I believe in the Bible as largely metaphorical, meaning I don't take it literally completely. Some of you might not understand this, and I'd be happy to discuss why not.

I'll be posting my Biblical notes sometime in the near future.

Peace be with you.

Oh, my name Sauron comes from Tolkien. I have a fascination with Tolkien literature (Lord of the Rings, etc). Sauron comes off as interesting because the psychology like that of Satan makes no sense to me. So it goes.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement