Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » regarding life after becoming a christian

Author Topic: regarding life after becoming a christian
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do we spend so much time preparing for Heaven?
This life is very short, even if we live 100 years, it is nothing compared to eternity. Preparing for Heaven does not mean that we crawl into bed and wait to die. It means we work hard for God now, because our rewards in Heaven will depend on the work we do in this life time. We only have a short time to work for God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Hicks
First Post
Member # 6336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Hicks   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a christian now for almost 30 years. I've always wondered, why the teachers and preachers were teaching me how to prepare for heaven. And totally disregarding my life on earth. Why is this so prevalent in the christian teaching? Everyone is in a hurry to leave earth and go to heaven. Christians I believe are frustrated in regards to this teaching. Oh we know how to praise God. But we don't understand our responsibilty to our fellowman, nor do we understand our obligation in this world. Does any of this make sense?

--------------------
Richard A. Hicks

Posts: 1 | From: Sea-Tac , Washington | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement