Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » New Here

Author Topic: New Here
wannagrow
Member # 5882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wannagrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to everyone from baltimore maryland. [Smile]
Posts: 2 | From: Baltimore,Maryland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3]

Welcome NLP! May God bless you and may you be encouraged to know Jesus Christ better as you join us here.

Looking forward to reading your post.

Plow on, plow on...
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Board. I have two neices who live in upstate New York, one in Buffalo and the other in Rochester!

For most of my life I have been a happy go lucky disposition alittle bit of Peter Pan and whole like Father knows Best! But Jesus is my Lord whom I try immulate. [clap2] [hyper] [Kiss]

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shalom and welcome Nina [wave3]
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 10 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family life:

I’m 32 years old and married to my husband for 14 years (yes, I was just shy of 18 when we got married). We have two children a daughter who is 12 years old (so, no I wasn’t pregnant when we got married, we just knew we were meant for each other, LOL). We only planned on having 1 child, but the Lord disagreed. So now we have a 6 month old son. He was our big surprise! Now we can’t imagine our lives without him. (But that explains the age gap between our children)

My salvation:

Neither one of us were saved when we got married. I became saved when I was 22. My husband is not saved yet, but is very much leaning that way and we share the same moral principles. I use to practice paganism before I was saved. My salvation came to me in my dreams.

God’s Word:

I read the Bible before I started going to church because I wanted to make sure that the minister teachings were God’s Word and not anything else. I have studied the Bible quite a bit and a little of the old languages. I’ve studied the lineage of Christ along with my own. I believe the Bible is perfect in everyway without flaw. I also believe there are things to take literally and figuratively in God’s Word. (For example: God created the world in 6 days and a thousand years are a day to God. These I believe were meant to be figuratively used because there is no time with God and he gave us these benchmarks for our understanding only and of course anything that Lord says is sin; that I take literally.)

My personal beliefs:

I have to lump myself in with Conservative Republicans, only because I believe this is the only party I feel even comes close to my Christian beliefs (not that I necessarily agree with the party as a whole). My moral (God given) conscience rises above anything else that I may feel or think, so I have to vote according to it.

I love my sisters and brothers in Christ, but am amazed the directions I see some of us going. Lukewarm and redefining what is and is not acceptable. I believe in redemption for all, but that in no way equates to for me to accepting sinful acts and not having to suffer the consequences for our actions in this life. Every other board I’ve been on I am seeing more and more Christians accepting sins as being OK. And those that are not Christians always manage to eek there way in, in order to stir the pot (so to speak), not those that are sincerely honest, but those that hate us and are just trying to “sift us like wheat”.

The things I don’t like hear; “Judge not” (the non-believers LOVE to use that against Christians “out of context of course” and some Christians still equate that to mean everyone and everything, which is what Paul got upset with the Corinthians about, because they wouldn’t judge the smallest things.) Also how can someone have “blind faith”; faith in and of itself is blind so how can there be such a thing as blind blind vs. seeing faith? I just dislike that term. The most upsetting thing I’ve heard and it was recently is that “God is a bigot”, I guess I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but if anyone hasn’t heard it yet you probably will eventually.

I am though for the most part a happy individual who loves discussing anything that has to do with the Lord; I do have a good sense of humor, and can take a joke. In the end I hope I have a found a board that shares in the same beliefs as I do.
Thank you for having me.
Nina

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement