Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » first timer...

Author Topic: first timer...
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Board, Nicole. Every believer has to strive daily to stay in the centre of God's will. It is a constant work in progress.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nicole, welcome to the board. Omaha is a nice place to be from! I have been there for sevral conferences and you really have the benefits of the city, and yet the charm of America's Heartland. I am from South Dakota, and we have another Corn Husker here, WParr, who is Walter, and his wife Pam live in south western Nebraska!

The best way that I can encourage you to stop floundering is to tell you to stop trying to do it yourself and rest in HIM. The more you take your eyes off you and put them on HIM, the more straight your walk will be and you wont flounder so much.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

I find that the Christian life is hard because we try to get God into our old life; but we are to get us into HIS life. God was not estranged from your life, you were estranged from HIS life.

Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

We just have to look at HIM, and walk toward HIM, keeping our focus on him and not our flesh and he will light our path with HIS word one footstep at a time... it is walk of faith and so he does not lite a 5 mile stretch... just were you set down the next footstep and that keeps us depending on HIM and not us as we walk.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldielox
First Post
Member # 5462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goldielox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyone...I'm new here also. My name is Nicole and I'm a hair stylist in Nebraska. I've been a Christian for 11 years, but I still find myself floundering more often than I'd like to admit. Sometimes life--especially life as a Christian is harder than we bargained for, but I just try to remind myself that "HE IS FAITHFUL!"

I'm looking for a place to be "blessed and encouraged", as well as to "bless and encourage" others, so I'm very excited to be joining this board!

Posts: 1 | From: Omaha | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement