Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » This is me

Author Topic: This is me
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard of your language but because it looks like 'latin' which is the same origin of Portuguese, French, Italian and Spanish, I believe it can be muito parecido (very similar). I can understand Spanish, but for some reason, people that speak Spanish can't understand Portuguese. I can't imagine how hard it is for people that use different letters to learn another language. Like for any of us here in the West trying to write Japanese.

I am very happy that your father accepted Jesus. It is even more special for me to hear about a Jew that accepted his Messiah. It is sad that he is gone, but it comforts to know that you will see him soon and be together forever. I am sorry he was a victim of such a horrific event, really horrific.

Thank you for your prayers and God bless you and your work in Mexico.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is great the Lord has blessed you and your family here the USA. I will be praying for all of your kinsmen to come to Jesus. It was very hard for me to learn the English. I do not know if you ever have heard of Ladino and Yiddish but we write in Hebrew letters. My mom is a sephardic Jew born in France. My father is a German-Jew born in the labor camps.He wears a number. I never knew I spoke a language similiar to Spanish and Portuguess but I was able to understand with hardly any problem. I find myself wanting to start a book the other way around though. My parents are both Christian Jews now! My father had passed away 2 weeks ago but He confessed the Lord with His mouth and declared His faith in the Messiah! My sister told me that Rabbi Ben-Hareil walked out of the hospice center because of this. It wasn't four days yet then my father went to Jesus. I am soon to retire from nursing and go into the Ministry in a full time basis. However I go to Mexico with my christian brother and We witness by helping the Poor and teaching the Love of Jesus.

May the Lord bless you and keep you! May the anointing of the Spirit fulfil your prayers!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from Sao Paulo, southeast of the country. Side by side with Rio de Janeiro. Your friend is from northeast. I heard it is beautiful there [Smile]

I went to a trip to the northeast of Brazil to celebrate the carnival, how interesting, and I met this guy and he was Christian(he lived about 3 hours from my house in sp). I liked to hear what he had to say, I then met his family and they witnessed to me, my family was a mess at that time and I just wanted to have a family like that. They invited me to their church and I went. Felt strange the first time, but at the second time, God spoke to me and I confessed all my sins. I felt Him right beside me when I closed my eyes. I knew that everybody was praying for me at that moment. It was a little church and I was the only guest. I accepted Christ in my heart that night, but did not tell anyone. When I came back home (because I was in Taubate, sp) I prayed again and started talking to God. This guy gave me a bible and I was then baptized on his church, but started attenting a church in my city. I was single then. I met my husband through the internet while I was still in Brazil. I came here to a visit and we got married. We know that we are a gift from God to each other. I never thought I would marry someone and move to another country, really [Smile] We are married for almost 8 years now and we are sooo happy. We are sooo blessed. There are plenty miracles in my life, but I will tell them as we go [Smile]

God bless you and thank you for the warm welcome.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Board BrazilianMommy [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] Saluda Roberta, It is so great that you found the Lord Jesus and just to think the most unique thing about having salvation Jesucristo is the fact that all distant brothers and sisters will meet in the heaven. From where in Brazil do you hale? I have some friends in Belem,Brazil and Belo Horizontei, Brazil. What was the situation when you found the Lord as your Saviour.

Shalom men fihla,
Eduardo

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I am here to introduce myself. My name is Roberta, I am 35 years old. I was born in Brazil and I live in United States since 1997, when I met and married Bill. We have two children, a boy 3.5 and a girl 20 months old.

I am Bachelor in Business, but always worked in Computing, for about 10 years. But since I moved to United States I never worked in a company again and now probably will not think about it for a while, at least until kids are young.

I met Christ in 1995 and it was the most important day in my life.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement