Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Hey yall, I'm a new girl

Author Topic: Hey yall, I'm a new girl
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to be really admired for taking your stand Itty-Bitty Girl. This will not go unnoticed by God. By his appreciation, He will give you all sorts of perks through his endless embracing love. Praying that it will be so.

You were wise for walking away. Non-believers have a veil over their eyes and there is no use in aguing with them because you will only be going around in circles.

Don't feel frustrated, as TG says you have planted a seed and if they are open, the Holy Spirit may lead them back to you. I'm sure you will find others who will be open to gentle reminders of Jesus' saving grace.

In your loneliness you can find endless comfort in the scriptures, especially the Psalms.

Don't give up IBG - will be praying for you. [hug]

II CORINTHIANS 4:3-4 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itty bitty girl,
I used to call my cat little bit. You did nothing wrong. Just remember that those you shared the God's Word, will not forget. Some may accept later, but even those who don't, will have to answer to God for their behavior.
You hang in there. I will add you to my prayer list. God will bless you for your effort. We dont always see the flowers grow from our planting but the seed is not wasted. Just put those girls in God's hands.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board, Itty-Bitty Girl [wave3]

Remember Noah, he preached 120 years for the people to repent and not one person listened, but it did not deter him at all.

He just walked in obedience to the voice of Yahweh...

Faith without obedience is like a screen door on a submarine.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey yall, I’m Itty-Bitty Girl, I’m 17, and I attend an inner-city High School in Cleveland, OH. I was born-again last year and I feel like a brand new person now, I’ve grown up so much with God’s help. I used to be so scared of what other people thought of me, I feared what they would say about me everyday, and that made school a nightmare. Now, I don’t really care about what others think of me, all I seem to care about now is what God thinks of me, He is the One who saved my life. When people say bad things about me I forgive them now. I love God, and He forgives every person for all his or her offenses, so it makes no sense for me to hold anything against anyone for what they had done to me. I started looking for Christian Message Boards; this is the only one that jumped out at me. These people say so much stuff that makes me look at things differently. Just when I think things are as they seem, I end up seeing a different picture. I like this site…

Well anyway, tell me what you think of this…this year I tried to tell the gospel to my lunch table; the table started off with two foul-mouthed girls that claimed to already be Christians because they “go to church”, but a third girl came along later, she was real nice and quiet, I gave her a gospel tract, and then I started telling her about Jesus, but the two foul-mouthed girls often distracted the girl from listening to me and rushed to other subjects, then a Jehovah’s Witness girl came along to the table with her boyfriend, and she tried to convince the whole table that only the Holy Father was God and that there was never any proof of the Holy Trinity, and that God’s Name was only Jehovah. When I showed the Jehovah’s Witness girl Genesis 1:26, and then I told her that the Holy Father’s Name was YHWH, she laughed, then one of the two “Christian” girls made fun of the Holy Father’s Name to distract the Jehovah’s Witness from talking to me, then the whole table laughed. Then, the other “Christian” girl agreed with the Jehovah’s Witness, and then she made fun of me and everyone laughed to distract me from correcting the Jehovah’s Witness girl. Even the Jehovah’s Witness girl’s boyfriend joined in making fun of me. I was so angry; I wanted to lose my mind. I knew right away that there were no Christians at that table, so I decided to leave; If that table would rather have a Jehovah’s Witness influence them, I wanted no part in it. I couldn’t talk to that table about Christ…so I decided not to talk to them at all. I sit by myself at lunchtime now, I’m just going to be patient because maybe the person or persons, who come along to sit at this table, will pay attention to what I have to say, and if they don’t like it, they can leave just like I did… hopefully they won’t waste my time.

…So, where did I go wrong? Or did I even go wrong?

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement