Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Welcome to all (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Welcome to all
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome afisherofman,

Praise the Lord for you coming to know that it is about Jesus Christ. With out knowing Him, no one will go to heaven.

God bless you.

Have a wonderful day,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afisherofman
Advanced Member
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for afisherofman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stephs

I am new too and I am concerned about the reception you got .....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm new here too, but after the reception I received from one of the other members, I'm seriously having second thoughts about staying on this board. It seemed like this person considered my rededication to God suspect because I happened to come to it by way of someone who this person considers to be a so-called "false prophet". Someone else is going to have to do some pretty fancy talkin' to convince me to stay on here, because I don't appreciate my faith being attacked like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praise God you came to know the Lord

It is not man, sinners that we ALL are, that brought you to the Lord, but the voice of the holy spirit within you who did.

Email me at...

afisherofman@hotmail.com

How did you come to know the Lord and what was said to you?

I give you my word, I will not be judgemental in any way

I look forward to hearing from you

God bless

PS please find a little of my story on previous post

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afisherofman
Advanced Member
Member # 6899

Icon 16 posted      Profile for afisherofman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all [Smile] ,

Thank you all for your greetings and information. I am blessed.

I am new here and I share the same passion as all of you in wanting to get the truth of the Gospel out.

I was involved with a Sharing my Faith ministry at my church where I learned a simple way to present the Gospel. I now serve with the altar call ministry team.

Who knows, a non-christian may view this site and the infomation we all provide may be a blessing to him/her leading them to salvation and a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Just to let you all know a little about my background...

I was baptized and brought up in the Catholic church and I can tell you that I never read the bible and I always believed that if you were not Catholic, you were not going to heaven.
I left the Catholic church at age 40 because I felt a void in my heart, something was missing.
I didn't get the feeling I belonged there.

Two years later I found out it wasn't what I was missing, rather who I was missing.

I now believe in order for you to know that you are saved and will go to heaven when you die, does not depend on what religion you are, but whether or not you have a true "heart to heart" relationship with God and have accepted His wonderful gift of love for you.

So what changed my mind??

The simple truth of the Gospel, which means the good news, changed my mind.

With prayer and hope it will be a blessing to you, I like to share with you the gospel presentation the way I learned it.

Look for my post under "Christian Evangelism".

Here are two of my favorite web pages I am sure will bless you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4_IlbaZHA

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/xmas.htm

God bless you, [Bible]

afisherofman

Posts: 43 | From: PA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nikao
Member # 6900

Icon 14 posted      Profile for nikao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I have been looking for a christian chat for a long time, finally found this one!
Great to see people on fire for jesus, and a hunger for the word! There is a difference from years ago and more determination.
Thanks! [wave3]

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to say hello to every one !
[wave3]

Have not been here in a while , computer
went and I lost the web and the pass word.
Just did not know how to get back in !
Our church is a little different then most !
I do not want to argue. Just want to see
as many saved as possible.
After being lost for 50 years and not knowing
the truth ! I am so Happy [rapture]
Like to see more saved people !!!! [Smile]

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StephS
Community Member
Member # 6852

Icon 16 posted      Profile for StephS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new here too, but after the reception I received from one of the other members, I'm seriously having second thoughts about staying on this board. It seemed like this person considered my rededication to God suspect because I happened to come to it by way of someone who this person considers to be a so-called "false prophet". Someone else is going to have to do some pretty fancy talkin' to convince me to stay on here, because I don't appreciate my faith being attacked like that.
Posts: 8 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
takumin1966
First Post
Member # 6804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for takumin1966   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear all,

Greeting from Japan. I am a member of Koishikawa Hakusan Church in Tokyo(http://homepage1.nifty.com/hakusanch/index-english.htm) for 8 years.

I am interested in exchanging information about the church life with churches in foreign countries. You know, the faith is fundamentally universal but may be affected by local culture to some extent.

Hope to have friendships with many people here.

Takumin1966

Posts: 1 | From: Tokyo | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Morris
First Post
Member # 6571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Morris   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I joined this site a few days ago,but this is the first time I have gotten around to posting anything. I am a 63 year old grandfather, living with my wife in Farmington, Missouri, about an hour's drive south of St. Louis. I am non-denominational by persuasion, but having been unable to find such a church since I moved here four years ago I recently joined an independent baptist church.

Those who have stated that they are looking for churches might be interested in my website, where I present a study of the new Testament's specific instructions for organizing and operation churches. You can check it out at http://www.holy-word.org

Since I retired sic years ago I have been occupied mainly with writing about the Bible.

--------------------
Jim Morris, a sinner saved by grace.

Posts: 1 | From: farmington, Mo usa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
critr
First Post
Member # 6579

Icon 15 posted      Profile for critr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all new here and hoping to meet more great family of GOD children, God Bless all in the name of Jesus.

critr [hyper] [happyhappy] [wave3]

Posts: 1 | From: Anchorage | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsyssis
First Post
Member # 6261

Icon 21 posted      Profile for bugsyssis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, I'm just looking for a friendly site and nice people to chat with. Hope to make many new friends.

--------------------
One Truth Prevails

Posts: 1 | From: wheeling, wv | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evangelist Aleechea Pitts
Community Member
Member # 6169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evangelist Aleechea Pitts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Evangelist Aleechea Pitts and I wanted to
introduce myself .

To know more about myself and ministry check out link
below:

http://hometown.aol.com/aleecheakeys/myhomepage/profile.html

Enjoy the word of the Lord by Evangelist Aleechea
Pitts:

Here is the Sermon Enjoy!

http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/WCwFgkMs

Enjoy Evangelist Aleechea Pitts ministering in song:

http://www.audioacrobat.com/play/Wpsh2gqs

Click To Enjoy!

I look forward to fellowshipping with you!

Grace and peace,
Evangelist Aleechea Pitts

Posts: 7 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by David:
Hello Bob and welcome. Glad you decided to join in. Look forward to some of your posts.

Have a wonderful day!

[wave3]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Hello Bob and welcome. Glad you decided to join in. Look forward to some of your post.

Have a wonderful day!

[wave3]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

InHisName
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InHisName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I've been a guest reading this board for over a year and just got up the nerve to create a login yesterday and post today. Just from reading the different areas of the board, I've come to know many of you and look forward to joining some of your great discussions.

Yours in Christ,

Bob.

--------------------
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery Galatians 5:1-26

Posts: 6 | From: Chelmsford, Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Hey Ahar, how much is a tenpence? [wave3]

Tenpence in 'old money' (we changed currency systems in 1977) is around 4 pence in current money or 6 US cents. It would have probably been around 1/4 to 1/2 of a days wages in 1866!

The King James translation was comissioned by James I around 1611 with the aim to try and get a decent understandable English translation direct from the originla Hebrew and Attick Greek. It was the predominant English translation used in Bibles in the UK and around the world for several hundred years, but the language is a little old if you read it!

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ahar, how much is a tenpence? [wave3]
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes ahar, it is. The first page reads-

Translated out of the original tongues: and with the former translations diligently compared and revised, By his Majesty's special command.

and at the bottom of the first page-

OXFORD: Printed at the University Press, for the British and Foreign Bible Society Instituted in London in the year 1804; And sold to subscribers at the Society's House, Earl Street, Blackfriars, London.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Greetings Andy/ahar,

Good to have you with us. I do have a question for you since you live in London.

I have a hard back bible with the inscription on the front that says "Sold Under Cost Price" and underneath that it says "British and Foreign Bible Society" and underneath that it says "Tenpence'. Its a small book about 6x4 inches.

On the first page inside it has the name written by the owner "Meary Elieseboth Cartwright" Born April 19, 1866.

I used to manage an apartment complex here in TN years ago and found this bible on top of some dirty magazines that the teneant left on the floor. Of course I kept the bible and the tenent never left a fowarding address.

Is this Bible society still in exsistence over there in London? Just curious. Thanks

Indeed, the Bible Society is over 200 years old and still printing and translating the bible in different languages. The website is www.biblesociety.org.uk. On the first couple of pages, it should have the name of the translation - is it the King James edition?

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Greetings Andy/ahar,

Good to have you with us. I do have a question for you since you live in London.

I have a hard back bible with the inscription on the front that says "Sold Under Cost Price" and underneath that it says "British and Foreign Bible Society" and underneath that it says "Tenpence'. Its a small book about 6x4 inches.

On the first page inside it has the name written by the owner "Meary Elieseboth Cartwright" Born April 19, 1866.

I used to manage an apartment complex here in TN years ago and found this bible on top of some dirty magazines that the teneant left on the floor. Of course I kept the bible and the tenent never left a fowarding address.

Is this Bible society still in exsistence over there in London? Just curious. Thanks

ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Hi all

Sorry I didn't see this bit when I first joined, otherwise I would have posted an introduction.

I'm Andy from London - I'm married and live with my wife in the suburbs in the North West of the city. We're members of an Anglican church, St Mary's. If you're ever in London, it's worth a visit - It's perched on what I think is the highest spot in the capital and was first built in 1094, although there is not much left of the original church thanks to the Henry VIII and the reformation.

I follow politics (here in the UK and abroad) quite a lot so you may see a few postings regarding the application of Christianity to different political issues - just tell me to shut up if it gets boring [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Hello ChristineES

Great to have you join us.

[wave3]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Beckie529
Community Member
Member # 5641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beckie529     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

--------------------
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2Cor 3:5

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineES
Community Member
Member # 5681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I am new at this board. Glad to meet all of you.

--------------------
In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God and The Word was God

Posts: 7 | From: El Cajon, CA USA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Missie [wave3]

Welcome and we ask you to join right in. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Missie:
Hi All [Smile] I am a newbie here ... i've been brought up Christian my whole life .. but wasn't very obidient with that. I would like to change that. I am 29 divorced with a 7 yr old son .. i also have a 2 yr old daughter that i gave up for adoption. I live right outside of Detroit, Michigan. Looking forward to getting to know all of you [Smile]

Welcome! I also live in the metro-Detroit area.

[wave3]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
Member # 5670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All [Smile] I am a newbie here ... i've been brought up Christian my whole life .. but wasn't very obidient with that. I would like to change that. I am 29 divorced with a 7 yr old son .. i also have a 2 yr old daughter that i gave up for adoption. I live right outside of Detroit, Michigan. Looking forward to getting to know all of you [Smile]
Posts: 3 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome dave23. Praying that the Lord will guide you to a church that is spiritually well-grounded in good Bible basics.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dave23
Community Member
Member # 5558

Icon 7 posted      Profile for dave23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone...My name is Dave and I am new here. I used to follow the LBH message boards before they closed down or you had to pay for them or whatever. I have been away from online messaging since but think I am glad to be back. I am a Christian. I have a wife and 2 boys. I am employed as a school social worker. I am 35 years old. Like others I often find myself not strong in my faith and feeling lost/empty. It seems every time I get closer to God something happens to push me away. I am still a member of the church I was raised, and abused in. I don't believe it to be a spirit filled church. I desperatly want to find a Christian family to be part of but don't know where to look - or am frightened to look. I just remember the great fellowship and talk when I was involved in the other message board and need that aspect back in my life too. Please pray that I find what I am looking for and need. Dave.
Posts: 11 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to this site Jen [wave3]
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! My name is Jen, and I am from the great state of Texas. I'm 22 years old, single (never been married), and I'm currently working and going to school full-time. I have been a born-again Christian for 17 years now, and have been blessed with a wonderful Christian family.
I am so excited about joining you here. This is the best Christian website that I've found, and I look forward to meeting everyone.

God Bless!
Jen

Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome faith101. Nice to have you on board. [Smile]
faith101
Member # 5442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faith101   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All! I am new here and really enjoy reading the posts and hope to start contributing soon! I am from Oregon and a born-again Christian. I am married and have a son who is 20. My interests are learning more about the good Word and writing Christian articles. [happyhappy]

--------------------
Verona
"Living Life with God's Purpose in Mind"
http://christianarticles.christianrhapsody.com
http://ahasoycandles.com

Posts: 5 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dguss:
How cold is it where you're located?

I live in Ottawa, Ont and the coldest it has gotten so far is -17c, which is around 1 f.With the windchill factor it can feel colder than that, because this region is quite humid also. I think last year once or twice it went to around -30c, which is around -22 f.
The whole winter isn't usually that cold though.

Our summers can get very hot and humid, because the city is situated in a valley.

dguss
Advanced Member
Member # 5314

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dguss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:

quote:
Funny many 'Snowbirds', as they call them, from Canada, move down South for the winter to get away from the four seasons. Many have winter homes in Florida because it is only a 3 1/2 hr.flight.

My brother and sister-in-law from Minneapolis moved to Florida to "get away" from the ONE season...WINTER! They got tired of snow, ice, and cold for months on end.

I must admit, I've been to Minneapolis in December and it's VERY cold there. My first trip there was at Xmas time, and the high temp of the day was -3. It was an eye-opening experience for me! I lived in Carson City, Nevada when I was a child, and I remember the winters were cold there also...but NOTHING like Minnesota winters! CCCCCCOLD!

I've also lived in the southern states, and I don't like the humidity at all. I'd rather deal with a wee bit of cold than the muggy miserable humidity!

How cold is it where you're located?

--------------------
Deut 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Posts: 33 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguss
Advanced Member
Member # 5314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
We both love the mountains, friendly people, CLEAN AIR, CLEAN HIGHWAYS, and the four seasons that this move will allow us to enjoy.

Funny many 'Snowbirds', as they call them, from Canada, move down South for the winter to get away from the four seasons. Many have winter homes in Florida because it is only a 3 1/2 hr.flight.

For us ladies, the four seasons is a good excuse to expand our wardrobe. [thumbsup2]

[crying] I know, I have to pay for the wardrobe! [crying]

Of course, if that makes the ladies happy...it's all good! [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Deut 31:6 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

Posts: 33 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
We both love the mountains, friendly people, CLEAN AIR, CLEAN HIGHWAYS, and the four seasons that this move will allow us to enjoy.

For us ladies, the four seasons is a good excuse to expand our wardrobe. [thumbsup2]

dguss
Advanced Member
Member # 5314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
HOWDY to you too dguss! Praying that God will give you clear guidance re a move to the Black Hills. Looks like you and your wife would really enjoy it there. [thumbsup2]

-

Thank You His Grace! My wife is from S.D., and I fell in love with the Black Hills when we went there on vacation! It's a BEAUTIFUL area, and the people are friendly. This is unusual to us being in Calfornia! Please lift us up to Him in prayer concerning this relocation effort. I posted a Prayer Request concerning this. Thanks again, and God Bless you during this new year!
[clap2]

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

HOWDY to you too dguss! Praying that God will give you clear guidance re a move to the Black Hills. Looks like you and your wife would really enjoy it there. [thumbsup2]

-

dguss
Advanced Member
Member # 5314

Icon 6 posted      Profile for dguss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've posted on this BBS a few times, but I don't think I've ever gone through the process of introducing myself.

I live in foggy and wet Central California. I'm married with no children. My wife Sharon and I, are lovers of country livin'. We really don't like living in town any longer. We moved out where we live now from the Bay Area, and other than fog in the winter and thick smog in the summer, haven't missed the rat race.

We are both praying about Gods guidance to move to the Black Hills. Helpforhomeschoolers has been in contact with us concerning the ups and downs of the area. We both love the mountains, friendly people, CLEAN AIR, CLEAN HIGHWAYS, and the four seasons that this move will allow us to enjoy.

Other than that...HOWDY FROM...California!
[clap2]

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome saved1948. Hope you enjoy the forums. [Smile]

-

saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 10 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new. It will be nice to chat with my brothers and sisters in Christ.<><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome 4Pillars - hope you enjoy the Board. [wave3]
4Pillars
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Pillars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you all know, I am very happy to be your youngest board member here, today. [clap2]
Posts: 3 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 10 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you 'His Grace'.and thanks to 'Texasgrandma' and 'David' for their welcome messages as well!!!

I posted a question over on Ladies retreat,hoping I did it correctly...soemtiems I'm a bit techno' challenged.

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Wishing to give you a warm welcome to the Board silverlion. Praying that you enjoy it here. [wave3]
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 21 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There,or Hellooooo as I say on Gumbo Ya Ya, thats the other online board where I frequently am[as Wolfnbear]!

I am so very glad to find a Christian board! I can really use the fellowship.Right now my husband is pastoring one church and is interuming at a second church. We've both been fighting Respiritory flu,and I am home recovering.

We were w/o regular work for six months and my husband recently started working at the State Hospital Adolescent unit here. He is a case Manager.He now has three jobs if you count the two churches.

I am a 'SAHM 'to two furrypeople,well four if ya count our outdoor kitty cats. The other two are dogs but they are sure that they are human LOL!

Altho' not real good at it,I like to paint pics',which I haven't done in awhile. its just acrylics but its fun when I am able to play at it.

My husband is going thru trying to get meds straight after Thyroidectomy in Dec.of 03,and I fight CFIDS/FMS. We are supposed to be Wellness Consultants but haven't been able to do much w/ our business of late! Our health issues and our Heavenly Fathers business tend to keep us quite busy!

I love lions,leopards,cheetahs,zebras, wolves,bears, and puppy dogs,Kitties too. One of our Dogs is part wolf,and our two cats are part bobcat or linx[unsure which] they are all rescued critters,and give us much fun and some interesting times.

Ministry to some online friends who are Pagan, is an important factor for me and for my husband. Thank goodness there are some Christian folk on the other line we visit,which helps. Someone here said dont' approach cultists w/o first being prayerd up...I'll add a hearty Amen to that!

I'll come and chat some more later,have to get my day going before nightfall hits and get ready for my sweety to come home this evening. Our churches are an hour away,its been snowing and my honey stayed at the parsonage lastnight as a safety precaution. Early a.m driving in the hills isn't real safe here during snow storms.

My spelling is atrociuos,but I'm sure glad y'all are here..better close for now before this turns into a mini-novel!

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ronbo325:
It seems you have an interesting mix of people here.

That's a nice way of putting it. There are some pretty heavy duty sparks here some times. [Big Grin]

Welcome to the board rondo315, and Praise the Lord for bringing you back into the fold!! [hyper]

ronbo325
Member # 5261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronbo325   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All!

I signed up a few days ago and just been lurking to read the posts. It seems you have an interesting mix of people here. I live in Wisconsin, and am a 43 yr old unemployed computer technician (hopefully not too much longer). I am married and have 3 kids, one grown and 2 still in the process. I was saved about 10 years ago, but backslid up until 2 1/2 years ago, and now I can't ever believe I did that! We go to a great church that is very supportive of all. I like to try my hand at web page building, and working with computer graphic programs.

--------------------
http://trialbyfiremusic.com

Posts: 3 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

mike g, welcome to the Board. Praying that you find the fellowship you are looking for.

I believe I have welcomed you already bryan on another thread. A frendly wave to both of you. [wave3]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement