Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » Welcome to all (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Welcome to all
SJSUPhil
Community Member
Member # 7842

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SJSUPhil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the friendly welcome. I appreciate your kindness!

--------------------
Peace

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 14 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil [wave3] Welcome to the Christian BBS [Prayer] [Bible] [Cross] [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning and Welcome to the board Phil.
I have two grow kids and two grandkids and we all live in Houston, Texas.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil [wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SJSUPhil
Community Member
Member # 7842

Icon 16 posted      Profile for SJSUPhil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. This is my first post on this board and I just wanted to introduce myself and Thank you for this forum. My name is Phil and I live in Southern California. I'm a Christian and prefer to attend non-denominational/independent churches. I wish all my brothers and sisters here all the best in Jesus Christ. Thank's again!

--------------------
Peace

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi RachaelsMom [wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS!!!

I look forward to your company

God bless you and your daughter

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RachaelsMom
First Post
Member # 7776

Icon 15 posted      Profile for RachaelsMom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone! I am new to this forum too. I was raised in the church and thought I knew the Lord but I was saddly mistaken. I am 43 yrs old have a 2 year old daughter and just got saved. Praise the Lord! I am so glad He didn't give up on me. I look forward to getting know everyone and having a good time in the Lord. I have been clinging to this verse: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Gal 2:20 [wave3]

--------------------
Cynthia

Posts: 1 | From: Monroe, La. | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Hi Calyx [wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS!

I see that your profile says you have placed your faith in Christ our Lord.

Praise God! God bless you Calyx [Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calyx,

Please do not take this wrong,but are you a Christian? I mean is that while we can be raised in a Christian home (I was too), we have to accept Jesus as our Savior,ourselves. Our parents can not pass on salvation like genes. Like I heard a Preacher say, God has no grandchildren, only children.

Welcome to the board.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calyx
Member # 7754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calyx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, all. I'm a 15-year-old girl, raised Christian. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 14 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jumpinjack [wave3]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jumpinjack:
I'm new here. anybody home?

Hello [wave3] jumpinjack glad to have you.

I am home.... [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southpaw
Community Member
Member # 7676

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Southpaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings in the name of Jesus! [Big Grin]

God bless you all.

Glad to be here [hyper]
Hello All [Big Grin]

[Cross]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glory belongs to Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glory belongs to Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to officially welcome all to the board. Hope you enjoy it here. [Smile] [hug]

Have faith, believe, recieve.

http://morningglories.freeforums.org/index.php

--------------------
If you ever get so hungry for God that you are in pursuit of Him, He will do things for you that He won't do for anybody else.

Posts: 112 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwendolen
Member # 7560

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Gwendolen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOPS, hit send by accident...
As I was saying God's Glory is easy to see when 2 or more people pray together. Anything is possible through Christ!
Dodi...please be careful! ~The lord be with you~ As Betty has said these people are very educated. As mislead as they may seem to us, they firmly believe in whatever they preach and do and they also firmly believe that they do and live for God.
Don't go it alone.
One last little note...I have posted a story in the section of Praise Reports and Testimonies. Just looking for some feedback if you get a chance, thanks
Keep seeking, and ye shall find.
Growing in the lord,
Gwen

Posts: 4 | From: Hampton | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwendolen
Member # 7560

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gwendolen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I'm Gwendolen, most people just call me Gwen.
New to the site, just looking for the same as everyone else...fellowship with like-minded people. I too am not affiliated with any one church or religion. I believe that Jesus is the son of God and was sent to die on the cross to save us (ALL PEOPLE) from sin.
That out of the way, I'm a Canadian, I'm a woman, I'm a Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend and Follower of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The most spiritually fulfilling thing I've been involved with lately is ladies bible study every Wednesday morning. God's Glory is easy to see when 2 or more (more is better) people

Posts: 4 | From: Hampton | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You yahsway.
Morning Dove...Your question may have been for me...bluefrog, but I am from Erick. If so, I teach bible. As for your son, do you think that you could get him on here to speak to me? If not I will be glad to try to help you anyway.
Maybe you would prefer to go to another board other than the welcome board...?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome bluefrog and morning dove, looking forward to talking here with you both. Have a blessed day!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morning dove
Member # 7452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morning dove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello saved and forgiven i am new too we see miracles every day i know i do
Posts: 6 | From: indiana | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morning dove
Member # 7452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morning dove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need your help in praying for for my son and i need some help convencing him God is his only hope
Posts: 6 | From: indiana | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morning dove
Member # 7452

what do you teach Eric
morning dove
Member # 7452

i hope i can figure this out. I Have a lot of questions so i hope this works
morning dove
Member # 7452

hello I am new at this so bare with me.
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 21 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope to make new cyber friends on these boards.
I've been part of the kingdom for quite a while now, and I'm not a youngster. I love to teach and am constantly learning as well. I am sure that I will go to my grave with questions. Fact is, if you really want to become a student of God's Word become a teacher.
I appreciate a good discussion on biblical subjects but no room for debates.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Krissy77!

We are very glad to have you and look forward to chatting with you.

God bless,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krissy77
First Post
Member # 7447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krissy77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm Kris, Im new and have never been on one of these before. I've been saved for 14 months now, and just feel like I'm starting to understand things. It's a whole new and exciting life. Im really excited to get to know new people and I just want to learn about Christ!!
Posts: 1 | From: Sioux Falls | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abbasgirl4ever
Community Member
Member # 7336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbasgirl4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi... new here too. I'm at a really unique season in my life and in my spiritual walk. Let's just say I have a lot more alone time than I used to. Just thought this might be a way to stay connected to the body of Christ, keep my sword sharp, and maybe even attempt to encourage. [Smile] Thanks for the safe place to share and be real.
Posts: 7 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Welcome Leeanne,
I used to be shy too. I did not become more comfortable in my skin until I turned 40.
Hope to see you around.
betty

--------------------

Leeann
First Post
Member # 7332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leeann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi im new here to tryin to make some friends im a married mom of two cute kids. I Been saved since i was twelve but wasent realy livin like i should had atude problems. that was years ago i was realy shy wheni was young so meeting people has been hard for me so hope sombody would like to talk.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

ColoradoCat,

Welcome and great news about your baby.
betty

--------------------

ColoradoCat
Member # 7309

Icon 20 posted      Profile for ColoradoCat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

My name is Jessi and you can probably guess where I'm from. I just made the decision(though not a hard one) to leave the LDS(mormon) church. I was a member there for about 5 years only because I married a Mormon. Even so, my experience there has left me a little broken up and I would like to get my personal relationship with our Lord and Savior back. Anyone who has tried to leave/left knows what I'm going through right now. I would much like to meet Christians who know/remember what a true relationship with God feels like.

Anyhow, I'm 22(23 next month) y/o and my husband is 25. We are expecting our first child in Feb. This is a big deal for us not only because it's our first child but because I had previously believed I was unable to have children. So, what a blessing that is! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NickysMama705
Member # 7318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NickysMama705   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyy!

--------------------
~So amazing, So wonderful, the love I have found in He who makes all things new!~

Posts: 2 | From: DE | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docrum
Member # 7273

Icon 14 posted      Profile for docrum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to say hello to everyone [Big Grin] [Cross]

--------------------
Jesus is Lord

Posts: 4 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vivalavida123
Community Member
Member # 7260

Icon 16 posted      Profile for vivalavida123         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody!
Posts: 7 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WTxDaddy
Community Member
Member # 7227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WTxDaddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I joined recently and was hoping for some interaction in discussing faith issues. I'm particularly interested in the conversion process of others. It helps me in my own faith to see/read/hear of others' conversions. I'd also like critiques of stuff I think/say/write from believers, so as to better enable me to accurately argue ina layman's apologetics manner. I'm 48 and have been a Christian since my mid-teens. I've experienced a crisis of faith here & there, but have come back.
I would love to have an ongoing discussion on a number of Christian topics. Please, engage me!

--------------------
Texaner dritter Generation deutscher Abstammung

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeena
Advanced Member
Member # 7223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeena   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oopsie, I posted my intro on the wrong boards
[wiggle7]
http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000297;p=3#000088

--------------------
Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

Posts: 749 | From: Toronto, Canada-EH! | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
First Post
Member # 7203

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my name is Ella, I'm 18 years old and I live in Tennessee!
I've just really became a Christian, I'm trying hard to learn more about it and everything!

I've been looking for a place where I could talk to some older Christian who could give me advice and hopefully I have!!

Thanks,

Ella,

Posts: 1 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pathwalker
Community Member
Member # 7154

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pathwalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you for the warm welcome and I hope everyone has a Blessed weekend! [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:105 " Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"

Posts: 12 | From: Henderson, NV | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello HDDBuddy,

[wave3]

Welcome to the Christian BBS. Looking forward to the fellowship.

God bless,
David Campbell

HDDBuddy
First Post
Member # 7162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HDDBuddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I have just registered yesterday.

I just want to say hello and to all have a wonderful day. I hope to bring in some intersting topics into the forum.

I enjoy praying, playing religious video games, going to church.

Thanks,

- HDD

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
padre
Community Member
Member # 7102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for padre   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you must be right. The last few days have been pretty good but returning to a good and consistent prayer life would probably do wonders.

Thank you Esther

--------------------
http://onlinelifeline.com

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you didn't do anything wrong. Satan is relentless in his attacks on the minds of God's children and trying to trick them into walking by feelings rather than faith. Maybe focusing more on what you do know and understand about God and your relationship with him and offering up prayers of praise and thanksgiving will help sort things out.

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
padre
Community Member
Member # 7102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for padre   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Esther, I know them all by heart. It's kinda like that old saying that goes something like taking your own pill is hard. Although it isn't actually "my" pill it feels like it. That is one of the things that is making this so hard, I know what God wants of me and I know His plan is best but...

I ask what I did wrong so I will never do it again, and hear nothing.

I beg to know what it is I am doing so I can stop it. No reply is heard.

I pray for understanding concerning this and nothing.

I asked for acceptance of the situation and my heart still hurts bad.

This is the point I am at and have felt near to giving totally up more than once but deep inside I know that God just has to have a good plan here. It isn't for me to understand now but it sure is hard to keep my nose out of trouble now that I am feeling so far away from Him.

--------------------

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ECM
Advanced Member
Member # 7097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ECM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome David of Houston. Have you read your own website lately? There's some good stuff there. If it has helped others, perhaps it could help you. You know God loves you. Focus on him and his love. I'll pray for you. We all have our down moments, but he is always faithful to lift us up.

Esther

--------------------
Smile, God loves you.

Posts: 22 | From: Monroe, WA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3]

Welcome to the board padre. May God bless you to know Him better.

David

padre
Community Member
Member # 7102

Im David. I am in Houston, Texas. I was saved in 1966. I always believed in God and knew Jesus came in the flesh to save me from my own sinful self but never much acted like it. In 1995 my life fell apart and through a series of events, in 1998, was blessed with a ministry that provided sermons, studies, prayer, fellowship and someone to listen to anyone with a problem and try and guide them scripturally in what to do.

After 4 years of this I decided I needed a social life so in 2002, I set out to enjoy some social events. A couple of years passed and I looked back. Everything I had gained (peace and joy) was again gone. Since then I have searched to find my way back and even came close a couple of times.

I hope that this board will help me in finding my way back once again. The last time God brought healing to me through the ability to minister to others in need and me in turn allowing his guidance in all aspects of my life. I have hopes the same will happen again.

The home page listed in my profile has some of what God gave to me to share with others over that 4 year period. Those words helped many. I pray they can be used by anyone that still sees them.

--------------------

CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was questioned yesterday as to why I use the name Chewy on this site rather than my given name. The fact of the matter is that an equal number of people know me as Chewy as those who know me by... Richard Hawkins. I recently signed on because our church [Fountain of Life Bible Church is using this board for questions and answers during our "One year thru thru the Bible" campaign. Our Minister of Education asked me to help with the fielding of questions. I have since found that roaming through the forums herein present many opportunities to learn as well as share teachings.

Richard Hawkins
Kingsport Tn

"I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cwcamerica
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cwcamerica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone

Langlee Stubbs
48yrs old
father of 7
granfather of 8 (for now)
member of Ever Increasing Faith Ministries

I am the driving force in building revenue at my church ministry. I am an accounting credit & collections specialist and a blessed child of god

Posts: 2 | From: new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steward
Member # 6939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steward   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say hello and look forward to any good Christian discussions.
Thanks.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

--------------------
Play and grow at www.holybibletrivia.org

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Carol:

Welcome to the forum. May you be blessed and a blessing.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement