Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » New Member Introductions   » LaurieFL

Author Topic: LaurieFL
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laurie.
It sounds like you have been through so much in your life, but that you have prayed and learned in order to come through it all. May The Lord bless you.

Like you, I studied philosophy. I do still enjoy delving into certain aspects of it, but I find that the more I read and study the Bible, the more of man's philosophy goes out the window, and is replaced with scripture, because all of the truth and importance lies THERE, you know what I mean? - I assume you may have had a similar experience. Still I find it intriguing to look at how and why man thinks the way he does, and where so much of the vast differences of thoughts and ideas have originated throughout the course of history.

So much of science is wonderful too, but I guess a mistake people make is replacing God with science, when He was the one who created it in the first place. Anyway, I am rambling, but I am so glad that you have been guided this far. I will pray that you continue on His path.

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. I am Laurie. I have been coming to this board since this past summer.

Much like Linda, I was saved at age 7, or at least I believed I was a sinner and I asked Jesus into my heart at that age. I did not relinquish the throne of my life to Christ though until I was 33, this past year in fact. Between the ages of 7 and 33, I went through much, most of it bad that I put myself through out of a rebellious desire to do myself harm and to enjoy the things of the flesh. I developed a drug problem as a young teen, and God provided for me by hedging me in and helping deliver me of addiction at the age of 16. I was not yet ready to surrender everything to Him though, so I continued my journey of self. I pursued education, science, philosophy, promiscuity, immorality, selfish ambition, and material gain for many years.

Praise God Almighty, though. In His great wisdom, He allowed me to virtually destroy everything I had attempted to do for myself. My world was not built upon the Rock, but was built on shifting sand. By stripping me of all worldly things, I was ready to look for things spiritual.

In the past year, God has done many wondrous things in my life. I have learned much through scripture, and have also learned much from the people on this site who God has chosen to work through to teach me.

I was a polymer scientist, but now am a housewife. I am seeking employment, but am making my career secondary to my husband's. I have given over that part of my life to God, and although I occasionally worry abnout finances, I know that He will provide for us and He will show me what He wants me to do in His time.

For now, He wants me to learn about His word, take care of my household, pray without ceasing, help others through my church and through the internet, and for that I am more than grateful. I am joyful! I found myself wishing today that I could live this way forever, but who knows what His will is for me. I have bad days, and occasionally struggle with depression, but I have found that I emerge from each cycle stronger in Christ than I was before. I joke and tell people I am in my spirtual wilderness and that I hope He doesn't make me stay here for 40 years.

I believe I am being prepared for a work that He has in mind for me, and I only hope I can be ready when He says it is time!

I have come to love so many people on this board, my family in Christ. I have learned much about Godly love here.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement