Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » Invitation

Author Topic: Invitation
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree he slipped my mind.

Brother Barry, barrykind here on the board introduce me to his teachings, and I have read some of his teachings you have posted here on the BBS.

Chip Brogden definitely goes on the list of men with a heart of no compromise!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ffc.org/

Pastor Johnston is not afraid to say sin is sin
My Pastor Rick Glomstead also, but he does not have a web site yet.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree that this is a very good list of Godly men.

As for the living I would add:

Chip Brogden

http://audiosermonindex.com/members/html/modules/mylinks/viewcat.php?op=&cid=68

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 16 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one sermon I heard from your pastor was good, I hope he is strong against ecumenicalism and the New World Order. I hope he is strong on the School of Christ, prayer, holiness, sanctification and teach love not the world or the things of the world.

Here is a quick list of men living that I can recommend that can easily be check out on internet search…..

David Wilkerson
Bert Clendennen
Carter Conlon
Keith Daniel
Ray Comfort
Paul Washer

I desire to listen to men that will not compromise the message of Jesus for ecumenical unity.

There affiliation is not important.

Here a list of some men of God that have gone on to be with Jesus but their message lives on and giving me confidence that purity and holiness are not lost but needful for our present day.

A.W. Tozer
T. Austin-Sparks
Paris Reidhead
Watchman Nee
Duncan Campbell
Leonard Ravenhill
John Wesley
Charles Wesley
C. H. Spurgeon
Jonathan Edward
George Whitfield
Charles G. Finney
E.M. Bounds
George Mueller
Oswald Chambers
D. L. Moody
David Brainerd
A.W. Pink
Adrian Rogers

I do appreciate your work (this BBS)
Yahweh Bless and prosper you as you seek to glorify Him and His Kingdom

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a list of preacher that you think ARE preaching the truth?

Would like to know who you think they are.

Thanks,
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does matter what he says with his mouth if his actions do not agree.

Betty, we have on every hand false prophets misrepresented the True Gospel.

I am not just picking on Billy Graham; it’s 90% or more of what claims to be Christian teachers…..

Bill Hybels
Joel Osteen
Rick Warren
T. D .Jakes
Charles Stanley
Bill Bright
David Jeremiah
Kenneth Copland
Oral Roberts
Richard Robert
Paul Crouch
Bennie Hinne
Jack Van Impe
David Hogan
John Hinkle
Ruth Heflin
Jack Hayford
John Hagee
Jesse Duplantis
Kim Clement
Morris Cerullo
Tony Campolo
Rick Joyner
Paul Cain
Pat Robertson
Carlton Pearson
Robert Schuller
Bruce Wilkinson

And the list goes on……

Ezekiel 3:
20. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted this not to start an argument, but just to have his own words at this stage of his life here on the thread.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. Matthew 15:8
Betty, until he repents and turns from his wickedness Billy Graham is numbered with these Yeshua spoke of.

Billy Graham is a man pleaser, straddling the fence not wanting to offend anyone, but in the end offending the only one that counts, Yahweh

"Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near
me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but
have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward
me is taught by the precept of men:"
Isaiah 29:13, KJV

"Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and
honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from
me."
Matthew 15:7-8, KJV

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied
of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth
me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."
Mark 7:6, KJV

"Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of
Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will
doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:"
Ephesians 6:6-7, KJV

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/4712842.html
here is the link

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

thought I would add this interview that appears in the Houston Chronicle today.

April 13, 2007, 4:13PM
More than ever, Billy Graham leans on the Lord
Evangelist says blessings of later years also include some challenges

Minneapolis Star Tribune
TOOLS
Email

Get section feed
Print

Subscribe NOW

In an e-mail interview with Pamela Miller of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Rev. Billy Graham, 88, talked about his declining health, his vision of heaven, the war in Iraq and the changes taking place in American evangelism. Excerpts follow.

Q. How are you and your wife, Ruth, doing?

A. One of the joys of growing older is the opportunity for us to spend more time together. Sometimes we'll just sit for hours, holding hands and talking or watching a video, or even just enjoying each other's company in silence.

After a lifetime of travel and being apart so much, we treasure this stage of our lives.

At the same time, old age has its burdens, and we aren't immune.

Whoever said, "Old age isn't for sissies," had it right. For years Ruth has struggled with serious pain because of the degeneration of the bone structure in her back, and she is now bedridden. I have several continuing health issues.

Ruth and I know that each day is a gift from God, and we are thankful for them.

Q. What gives you comfort and hope? What is your daily faith practice?

A. My greatest comfort comes from knowing that I belong to Christ and that, no matter what happens, he will never leave me or forsake me.

He will be with me as long as I'm on this earth, and someday I will go to be with him in heaven forever. I look forward to that day!

The Bible and prayer have always been the foundation for my daily walk with God, and they still are.

For many years I've made it a practice to start the day by reading the Bible and praying, and I still do this as much as possible. Ruth and I also try to end the day by praying together and reading a brief passage of Scripture.

Now that reading has become more difficult, I probably read the Bible less but pray more.

Of course, over the years I've memorized many passages from the Bible, and I'm especially thankful now that I did this. I wish we gave more attention to Bible memorization in our churches today.

Q. America's evangelical subculture has recently undergone some interesting changes, including the rise of new, more liberal voices whose views on cultural issues stand in sharp contrast to those of the religious right. What do you make of such changes?

A. As an evangelist, my calling has always been to proclaim the central message of the Gospel: What Christ did for us by his death and resurrection, and our need to respond to him in repentance and faith.

I've always tried to avoid being associated with groups that focus on political issues, either on the right or the left. That isn't my calling.

Sometimes trying to be neutral isn't easy — kind of like the man I heard about in the Civil War who decided to wear a blue coat and gray trousers and got shot at by both sides!

However, I'm very concerned about the growing polarization we see today, both in our society generally and even among some evangelicals.

Somehow we've got to find a way to get past this and find a common ground.

Q. Have your views on such issues as foreign policy and homosexuality grown more liberal through the decades?

A. Well, I hope they've grown more balanced over the years, although I try to avoid labels like "liberal" or "conservative."

When I was young, I thought I knew the answer to almost everything, and I cringe when I look back at some of those ill-considered remarks.

The world is complex, and as I've grown older I've learned that foreign-policy issues, for example, usually aren't as easy as they may seem on the surface.

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle that is endorsed by the Bible, although I don't believe Christians should single out homosexuals for condemnation or contempt. God loves the homosexual just as much as the heterosexual, and so should we.

We have all sinned, and we all need God's grace and forgiveness. We also all need God's strength to fight temptation and to change our lives.

Q. Do you follow news from the Middle East and Iraq? If so, is there anything you'd like to say about the conflicts in those places?

A. I try to follow the news from there, and Ruth and I pray every day for our president. I don't think any of us can appreciate the pressures he faces.

We pray also for our military personnel who are serving over there and for their families.

One of our grandsons — Franklin's son Edward — is serving over there as an Army Ranger, and a few weeks ago he was wounded by shrapnel while on duty. Thankfully, he is recovering, but this has brought home to us what the families of our military personnel are going through.

Some of the tensions in the Middle East go back thousands of years to Abraham in the Bible, with the births of Ishmael and Isaac.

I also think we aren't as knowledgeable about Islam as we should be, or the centuries-old conflict between the Sunnis and the Shiites. These conflicts took centuries to develop, and they won't be solved overnight.

At the same time, we ought to pray for peace in that part of the world and encourage our leaders to do everything they can to promote peace.

Q. What has age shown you most vividly?

A. To depend on the Lord for everything and to be thankful for everything he gives us, including hope for the future.

I've also learned that, even if we can't do everything we once did, God isn't finished with us, and we can still serve him.

Sometimes the greatest service we can do for someone is to pray for them, and I find myself doing that more and more.

I admit I don't like the burdens of old age, but it can be a special time of life, and God has lessons to teach us through it, if we'll only listen. Unfortun- ately, we can become so preoccupied with whatever is hap-pening to us at the moment — or so worried about what might happen to us in the future — that we forget to ask God what he is trying to teach us.

Sometimes, of course, God isn't teaching us something new but simply reminding us of things we've known all our lives and making them more real to us.

For example, more than ever I've realized just how short life is and how important it is to live for eternity and not just the present. This world is not our final home, and if we are Christians, we know we are only pilgrims passing through this world on our way to heaven.

We ought to live each day as if it were our last. Someday it will be.

Q. What is your vision of heaven?

A. The Bible tells us that heaven is far more glorious than anything we can ever imagine. It tells us that all the things that burden us now — the pain, the sorrows, the heartaches, the disappointments, the injustices, the wars, everything — will vanish.

Nor will we be subject any longer to death, because Christ's victory over death and hell and Satan will be complete. Most of all, we will be in the presence of God forever.

Every good thing we experience on earth is just a hint of what we will experience in heaven. Why would anyone not want to go there?

The Bible says something else about heaven that I've always found intriguing: It says we will serve God there. In other words, God will have work for us to do in heaven — and yet we won't grow tired, like we do here. Some people think heaven must be boring, but nothing could be further from the truth.

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
Good morning David, I was given a copy by a friend. I will send a copy if you would like. private e-mail me a physical address if you would like a copy.

I will send it to anyone that ask.

It give me no pleasure to expose any sin, love is meant to cover sin but many look to this man as a leader of the Christian Faith and he has become a enemy of the cross.

I give you my snail mail address in a PM.

Thanks,
David

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I did not know this. All I knew was from the Crusades. I will pray for him. I wonder how his son feels about this. I do know that when he was asked directly recently if Muslims went to Heaven, he said the only way to Heaven was salvation through Jesus Christ. Which makes me wonder if his son has different ideas then his father.
I will pray for him. It would be said for him to miss heaven after he lead so many to Christ.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Betty this isn’t something wrong with his head this is something wrong with his heart. This didn't just recently start this started back in 1954.

Billy Graham embraces the teachings of the Masonic Lodge, which teach all faiths, can kneel and worship at the same alter and the Roman Catholic Church which is so evil it is beyond a short explanation.

Consider some of the men who personally pleaded with Graham to turn from his unscriptural path:

JAMES BENNET was a prominent New York attorney and Bible teacher who knew Graham from the time he graduated from Wheaton. He encouraged Graham during the early years of his ministry, but when Graham began openly yoking together with Modernists and Catholics, Bennet attempted to turn him from this error. He met with Graham in New York City before the 1954 crusade and pleaded with him not to proceed with his ecumenical plans. When Graham refused to obey the Word of God, Bennet resigned from the campaign invitation committee and wrote a public warning about the direction Graham was pursuing (James E. Bennet, The Billy Graham New York Crusade: Why I Cannot Support It, A Ministry of Disobedience, Collingswood, NJ: Christian Beacon Press, May-September 1957).

Thus James Bennet lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. JOHN R. RICE, editor of the influential Sword of the Lord weekly Fundamental Baptist paper, also supported Graham during his early years. In fact, Graham was on the Cooperating Board of the Sword. Dr. Rice was a very loving and gracious Christian gentleman, and he pleaded with the young Billy Graham to turn from his ecumenical adventures. In her biography of John Rice, Viola Walden, who was Rice's faithful secretary for 46 years, testified that Dr. Rice greatly loved Graham and repeatedly tried to reason with him (Walden, John R. Rice, pp. 164-167). Graham and Rice met in Scotland in 1955, and Graham assured the elder evangelist:
"I have promised God I will never have on my committee working in an active way in any of my campaigns men who do not believe in the virgin birth of Christ, who do not believe in the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, who do not believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible--these men will never be on my committee. I have promised God" (Graham, cited by Pastor Roland Rasmussen, Reasons Why I Cannot Support Billy Graham, chapel message delivered at Bob Jones University, Feb. 15, 1966).
As it became obvious that Graham was not following his own counsel but was pursuing the ecumenical course, Rice met with him again and urged him to obey the Bible: "I visited Dr. Graham in his own home in Montreat, North Carolina, by his invitation, and we talked earnestly on such matters" (John Rice, Sword of the Lord, June 20, 1958).

Graham, of course, did not listen, and John Rice publicly disassociated himself and the Sword from the young evangelist in 1957. Viola Walden notes that far from having a mean attitude toward Graham, Dr. Rice "prayed regularly [for Graham] even long after denouncing his compromise" and "rejoiced over the many saved in Dr. Graham's crusades" (pp. 166,167).

Thus Dr. John Rice lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. BOB JONES, SR., first met Billy Graham when the elder evangelist came to Charlotte, North Carolina, for a gospel meeting during Graham's senior year in high school. Billy's father, Frank, was impressed with Jones and wanted his son to attend Bob Jones College in Tennessee. (The school moved to Greensville, South Carolina, in 1946, and the name was changed to Bob Jones University). Billy did attend Bob Jones the fall after he graduated from high school (1936), but he did not fit in well with the strict atmosphere of discipline and he soon moved on to the Florida Bible Institute and then to Wheaton in 1940 (from whence he graduated--with a degree in anthropology!). Dr. Bob Jones supported Graham during his early years, and Graham even wrote to Jones to say that he got his evangelistic burden at Bob Jones College and he wanted to be called one of Dr. Jones's "preacher boys" (Bob Jones, Sr., letter to a supporter, March 6, 1957). As Graham began to launch out on his career of yoking together with false teachers, Dr. Jones corresponded with him and reproved him for his compromise. At first, Graham claimed that he had no intention of working with Modernists or Catholics. On June 3, 1952, Graham told Jones, "The modernists do not support us anywhere." It was not long, though, before Graham openly practiced what he privately denied. His 1957 New York Crusade included 120 Modernists on the committee.

Thus Dr. Bob Jones lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. CHARLES WOODBRIDGE was another prominent Christian leader who attempted to correct Billy Graham. Woodbridge had been a professor at Fuller Theological Seminary and a member of the National Association of Evangelicals, before he rejected the New Evangelicalism that was taking over in that day and separated himself from this false philosophy. Woodbridge was a highly educated Presbyterian, with an MA from Princeton, a Ph.D. from Duke, and further studies at Berlin and Marburg Universities in Germany and the Sorbonne in Paris. In his classic book The New Evangelicalism, Woodbridge relates a visit that Graham made to his home in 1958:
"Dr. Graham came to my home in Altadena, California, in 1958 to chat with me about these things. We talked for two hours. I pointed out to him Romans 16:17. I did my best to persuade him to come out from among unbelievers, so far as the conduct of his campaigns was concerned. But to no avail" (Woodbridge, The New Evangelicalism, 1970, p. 44).
Thus Dr. Woodbridge lovingly warned Billy Graham.

JACK WYRTZEN, founder of Word of Life, also warned Graham. The following testimony is from a pastor who witnessed one of the meetings in which Fundamentalist leaders tried to correct Billy Graham:
"In 1957, I sat in a meeting where Jack Wyrtzen and Dr. Woodbridge spoke face to face with Billy Graham about his compromise and the direction he was heading away from Fundamentalism. Billy Graham was at Word of Life Inn for two days of meetings near Schroon Lake, New York. That fall was the 'great New York Crusade.' It was following that meeting that both Dr. Woodbridge and Jack Wyrtzen stopped all support and fellowship with Billy Graham. Dr. Wyrtzen spoke to the staff of WOL regarding his reasons for pulling away from Graham. I was a young Christian at the time (saved at Word of Life on June 24, 1956, at 19 years of age.) It was the next year that Dr. Woodbridge broke fellowship with Dr. Graham for the same reasons" (E-mail dated Feb. 27, 1999, from Pastor Bob Welch, D.Min, Collegegate Baptist Church, Anchorage, Alaska).
Thus Jack Wyrtzen lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. ROBERT KETCHAM was the leader of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches in 1950 when he saw some news clippings stating that Graham was working with Jews and Catholics in his meetings and was turning decision cards over to Catholic parishes. Ketcham wrote immediately to Graham and asked if the reports were true. The reply from Graham's executive secretary, Jerry Bevan, included the following:
'For example, you asked if Billy Graham had invited Roman Catholics and Jews to cooperate in the evangelistic meetings. SUCH A THOUGHT, EVEN IF THE REPORTER DID SUGGEST IT AS HAVING COME FROM MR. GRAHAM, SEEMS RIDICULOUS TO ME. SURELY YOU MUST KNOW THAT IT IS NOT TRUE. ... FURTHER, THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO THE IDEA THAT MR. GRAHAM WOULD EVER TURN OVER ANY DECISION CARDS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH SEEMS INCONCEIVABLE' (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II).
It was not long until Bevan's reply was proven a deception. Graham was intent upon working with Modernistic and Catholic and Jewish leaders, and he was intending to turn decision cards over to the same. The point here, though, is that Dr. Ketcham approached Billy Graham directly about this matter.

Another Christian leader who warned Graham was the late WILSON EWIN, longtime missionary to Roman Catholic-dominated Quebec. Graham cannot say that Ewin did not understand Roman Catholicism or Catholic evangelism. Unlike Graham, who travels from place to place and preaches largely in formal, organized settings, then returns to the seclusion of his hotel suite, Ewin lived among Roman Catholics and worked with them as a pastor and evangelist day by day, month by month, decade after decade. He dedicated his book You Can Lead Roman Catholics to Christ to "the salvation of dear Roman Catholics whom I love and for whom our Saviour died and shed His Blood."
"For twenty years, I have watched the crusades and ministry of Dr. Billy Graham. In fact, Ruth [Ewin's wife] and I sang in the choir and were counselors in one of the Graham crusades. Many letters were written to Billy expressing grave concern about his illicit affair with the Roman Catholic system. I even visited his evangelistic headquarters in Minneapolis to alert the Graham Organization about its overt compromise with Roman Catholicism. Graham has indeed allowed the truth to fall into the street through his ecumenical ministry" (Wilson Ewin, prayer letter announcing his book The Assimilation of Evangelist Billy Graham into the Roman Catholic Church, January 1993).
Thus Wilson Ewin lovingly warned Billy Graham.

These are only a few of the men who attempted to reprove Graham for his error. Graham mentions these warnings in his biography.

"Much more painful to me, however, was the opposition from some of the leading fundamentalists. Most of them I knew personally, and even if I did not agree with them on every detail, I greatly admired them and respected their commitment to Christ. Many also had been among our strongest supporters in the early years of our public ministry. Their criticisms hurt immensely, nor could I shrug them off as the objections of people who rejected the basic tenets of the Christian faith or who opposed evangelism of any type" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 302).

Graham also calls the criticism "harsh" and claims that the men who criticised him demonstrated "a lack of love," but the disobedient always say that no matter how tender and loving the rebukes are. They always confuse correction with persecution. It is human nature to do that, and it raises a smokescreen to hide the real issues.

Reproof is never an easy thing to receive, and it always seems to be unloving to those who refuse to accept it. Further, one can always find some fault in the reprover, because he or she is also a sinner. Proverbs teaches that one's attitude toward biblical reproof exposes the condition of the heart.
"He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth" (Prov. 10:17).

"The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getting understanding" (Prov. 16:32).
Billy Graham does not have a proper attitude toward biblical reproof. He has refused to turn from the path of disobedience, and he slanders those who have loved him and God's Word enough to attempt to correct him.

Billy Graham was warned. He has had many opportunities to repent. Sadly, he has clung steadfastly to the course of disobedience to God's Word, and no other man in this generation is more responsible than Billy Graham for breaking down the walls between truth and error.

[This information is from the 300-page book Evangelicals and Rome by David W. Cloud, which is available from Way of Life Literature.]
See also the following articles at the Evangelical section of the End Times Apostasy Database at the Way of Life web site. http://www.wayoflife.org/

Pray for him to repent before it is to late, I pray it's not to late now.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I agree in exposing false preachers and teachers. I grew up going to Billy Graham crusades where he always said that Jesus is the only way. I wonder if now he is suffering from senality or from that brain injury he got when he fell and hurt his head in Holland. I have heard his son say Jesus is the only way, recently. I pray that if Billy is still suffering from his brain injury or mental illness, that God will grant him mercy for saying the wrong things.
If nothing else this serves the purpose that we should be Christ followers and not men followers. The greatest preachers can fall.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning David, I was given a copy by a friend. I will send a copy if you would like. private e-mail me a physical address if you would like a copy.

I will send it to anyone that ask.

It give me no pleasure to expose any sin, love is meant to cover sin but many look to this man as a leader of the Christian Faith and he has become a enemy of the cross.

-------------------------------------------------
IS IT RIGHT:
To Judge, To Expose Error, & To Call Names?

-------------------------------------------------

Many today believe that it is wrong to expose error and to name names. Liberals have always seemed to believe this, but in recent times it has been widely espoused by evangelicals and charismatics. Now we are seeing the same fatal error being declared by those who profess to be Bible believing fundamentalists. Those who are faithful in exposing error according to the Bible are now being widely denounced, and are accused of being unloving and unkind. In this tract we intend to present the teaching of the Bible on this vital subject.

I. It Is Right To Practice Biblical Judgment
One of the most misused verses in the Bible is, "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matt. 7: 1). Every Scripture verse should be read in its context, if we are to properly understand the true meaning. In vs. 2-5 of this same chapter it is evident that v. 1 is referring to hypocritical judgment. A brother who has a beam in his own eye should not be judging the brother who may have a mote in his eye. The lesson is plain, you cannot judge another for his sin if you are guilty of the same sin.

Those who cling to "Judge not, that ye be not judged, " to condemn those who expose error should read the entire chapter. Jesus said, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing... " (v. 15). How can we know false prophets unless we judge them by the Word of God? If we know the false prophets, how can we fail to exam the sheep of these "ravening wolves?" All through the Bible we find proof that they should be identified and exposed.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit" (vs. 16,17). Did the Lord mean that we could not judge the tree (person), by the fruit of their life and doctrine? Certainly not, for you cannot know without judging. All judgment should be on the basis of Bible teaching, not according to whims or prejudices.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment " (John 7:24). Here our Lord commands that we are to "judge righteous judgment, " which is judgment based upon the Word of God. If judgment is made upon any other basis, other than the Word of God, it is a violation of Matt. 7: 1. Webster's Dictionary says that a judge is "one who declares the law. " The faithful Christian must discern or judge on the basis of God's inspired law, the Bible.

A fornicator is described in I Cor. 5:1-13. Paul "judged" (v.3) the man even though he was absent, and he told the Church at Corinth that they were to "judge" (v. 12) those that were within. The Greek word for "judge" is the same here as in Matt. 7: 1. Paul did not violate "judge not, that ye be not judged, " in judging the man, nor in instructing the Church to judge also. All of this judgment was according to the Word of God.

A person who is able to discern between good and evil, has at least one of the major marks of spiritual maturity. "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Heb. 5:14). W.E. Vine says of the meaning of discern, "a distinguishing, a clear discrimination, discerning, judging; is translated 'discerning' in I Cor. 12: 10 of discerning spirits, judging by evidence whether they are evil or of God. " Strong also agrees that it means to judge.

Those who are unwilling or incapable of discerning or judging between good and evil are in this manner revealing either their disobedience or their immaturity.

II. It Is Right To Expose False Teachers
False teachers are free to spread their poisonous doctrines today because there is a conspiracy of silence among many Bible believers. Wolves in sheep's clothing are thus enabled to ravage the flock, thereby destroying many.

John the Baptist called the Pharisees and Sadducees (the religious leaders of his day) "a generation of Vipers" (snakes) (Matt. 3:7). Today, he would be accused of being unloving, unkind, and unchristian.

Jesus said to the religious Pharisees, "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matt. 12:34). To many evangelicals and some fundamentalists, this would be unacceptable language today, but it is biblical language and it came from the mouth of the Son of God.

Standing face to face with these false teachers, Jesus Christ the Son of God, called them "hypocrites", "blind guides, " "blind, " "whited sepulchres, " "serpents, " and "ye generation of vipers" (Matt. 23:23-34). Yet, we are told today that we are to fellowship with men whose doctrines are just as unscriptural as those of the Pharisees. Some who say they are Bible believing Christians insist on working with Roman Catholics and other assorted heretics. Yet, according to many, we are not supposed to rebuke them for their compromise.

Near the beginning of His ministry, "Jesus went up to Jerusalem, And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence, make not my Father's house an house of merchandise" (John 2:13-16). Our Saviour is presented today as one who was meek, lowly, kind, and loving, even to false teachers, but this is entirely false. When dealing with false teachers and prophets, His words were sharp and His actions plain.

Near the end of His public ministry, Christ found it necessary to cleanse the temple once again. The exposure of false doctrines and practices is a never ending job. At that time He said, "Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves" (Mark I 1: 17). Is it any different today? The thieves come into the house of God, and rob God's people of the Bible and peddle their perverted Bibles instead. At the same time this den of thieves rob the people off the doctrine of separation and the doctrine of sanctification. Then you can hardly tell God's people from the people of the world. In all honesty, should not these thieves (false teachers) be exposed?

In our day these false teachers have come into the churches with their books, music, literature, movies, psychology, and seminars, and have turned the Father's house into a den of thieves. It is time that men of God stand up and expose their errors for all to see.

The Bible Admonishes Us To Expose Error
We are to TRY them. "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits, whether they be of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (I John 4: 1). All doctrine and teachers are to be tried according to the Word of God. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isa. 8:20). Every message, messenger, and method is to be judged according to the Word of God. The church at Ephesus was commended because they had "tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars " (Rev. 2:2). The church at Pergamos was rebuked because they tolerated those that held "the doctrine of Balaam, " and "the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate" (Rev. 2:14,15). It is never right to tolerate false teachers, but they are to be tried by the Word of God, and exposed. Of course those who want to disobey the Word of God will seek by every means to avoid this teaching.

We are to MARK them and AVOID them. "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them " (Rom. 16:17). Those whose conduct and teaching contradicts the Word of God are to be marked and to be avoided. This requires discernment and judgment in the light of the Bible. The ecumenicalists, new evangelicals, and compromising fundamentalists will resist any effort to obey this Scripture. They cannot be marked and avoided, unless they are judged according to the Word of God.

We are to REBUKE them. "Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith " (Titus 1: 13). This was written to Titus, because there Were those going from house to house and subverting whole houses with false doctrine (v. 10-16). Oral Roberts, Robert Schuller, Jimmy Swaggart, Pat Robertson, and others are subverting whole houses with their false doctrine today. Are we to sit silently by, while they do this, without rebuking and admonishing people to avoid their teaching? No, the faithful servant of the Lord is to be "Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers " (Titus 1:9).

We are to have NO FELLOWSHIP with them. "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them " (Eph. 5:11). Reprove means to censure, condemn, find fault, rebuke, and to refute. How can we obey this Scripture unless we try them by the Word of God?

We are to WITHDRAW from them. "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which ye received of us " (II Thess. 3:6). We are to withdraw from those whose doctrine and conduct does not conform to the Word of God. The context clearly shows that obedience to sound doctrine is what Paul has in mind, for he says, "if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet, count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother" (II Thess. 3:14-15). Paul admonished Timothy to "withdraw thyself " from those who "consent not to wholesome words ... and to the doctrine which is according to godliness " (I Tim. 6:3-5).

We are to TURN AWAY from them. Concerning the last days, he says that some will have "a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof. from such turn away" for such people are "never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (11 Tim. 3:5,7). How can we turn away from them if we do not identify them, and this requires that their message be compared to the Word of God. It is the business of the true preacher to: "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine " (II Tim. 4:2). This is usually an unpopular and thankless task but it is the duty of the God-called man.

We are NOT to RECEIVE them into our house. "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds " (11 John 10, I 1). There is no doubt about who John is speaking about, it is " Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ... " (v.9). By radio, TV, music and literature, false prophets are brought into the homes of many Christians today. Brethren, this ought not to be!

We are to REJECT HERETICS. "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject " (Titus 3: 10). We should reject those who deny redemption by the blood of Christ. There are many who deny this or some other doctrine of the Word of God. If they will not respond to being admonished, then they are to be rejected.

We are to look out for those who preach another gospel. Paul warned about those who preached "another Jesus ... another spirit ... or another gospel" (II Cor. 11:4). How can we know them unless we judge their Jesus, their spirit, and their gospel by the Word of God? Paul called such preachers "false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ" (11 Cor. II: 13). He explains in v. 14-15 that these preachers are the ministers of Satan. The God-called man must be just as faithful today in exposing the ministers of Satan.

Paul warned the Galatians about those who "pervert the gospel of Christ." He also said, "If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." (See Gal. 1:6-9). Multitudes today are preaching a perverted gospel. Those who teach salvation by baptism, or by works, are teaching a perverted gospel. Those who preach a salvation that you can lose, are preaching a perverted gospel. The charismatics, Catholics, many evangelicals, and many fundamentalists (?) are preaching a perverted gospel. Yet, we are supposed to cooperate with them in evangelism and Christian work, according to many today. If we fail to expose these false prophets, then we have betrayed Christ and His gospel.

We are to SEPARATE from them. "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch no the unclean thing; and I will receive you " (II Cor. 6:17). This makes it plain. God's people are to come out of apostasy and religious error. How can any Bible believer remain in the National Council or World Council of Churches? How can they remain among compromising evangelicals and wishy-washy fundamentalists?

III. It Is Right To Name Names
Many mistakenly believe that it is wrong to expose error and to name the guilty teachers; but they are wrong according to the Bible.

Paul named Peter publicly. Peter was guilty of unscriptural practice. "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed ... But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" (Gal. 2:11-14). The whole issue revolved around salvation by the law or by grace. When the integrity and purity of the gospel is at stake, then we have no choice when it comes to the matter of exposing error and naming names.

Paul named Demas for loving the world. "For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world" (II Tim. 4:10). Those who forsake the cause of Christ for worldly living and pleasures should be named and exposed. (Christian Rock!)

Paul named Hymenaeus and Alexander. Paul told Timothy to "war a good warfare; Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some have put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme " (I Tim. 1: 18-20). God's true servants should war a good warfare, and name those who have departed from the faith that was once delivered to the saints. Paul is not here discussing the faith of salvation but the faith as a system of doctrine. These men had made shipwreck of it and Paul exposed them and called their names.

Paul named Hymenaeus and Philetus. He told Timothy to "study" that he might be able to "rightly" divide "the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth as canker. of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some " (11 Tim. 2:15-18). False doctrine overthrows the faith of some, so those who are proclaiming it must be exposed.

Paul named Alexander the coppersmith. "Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil. the Lord reward him "cording to his works: Of whom be thou ware also, for he hath greatly withstood our words " (II Tim. 4:14-15). It is clear that this is not a personality problem, but a doctrinal problem. Alexander had withstood the words and doctrine of Paul. He was an enemy to the truth. Godly pastors face the same problem every day. They stand and proclaim the truth, then their members go home and hear this truth disputed by radio and TV preachers. Often times these false prophets are sending their publications into the homes of members of true churches. Then the man of God is suppose to keep his mouth shut, according to many. Only a coward will be silent when the truth of the Bible is under attack.

John named Diotrephes. "I wrote unto the church; but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not" (III John 9). He related how this man had prated against him "with malicious words " (v. 10). He further said, "Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God " (v. I 1). It is not wrong to name those whose doctrine and practice is contrary to the Word of God.

In fact, the whole Bible abounds in examples of false prophets being named and exposed. All this modem day talk about love, used as an excuse for not exposing error, is not really biblical love but is really sloppy agape.

Moses called the name of Balaam. (See Num. 22-25). Peter exposed "the way of Balaam ... who loved the wages of unrighteousness " (II Pet. 2:15). Balaam was a prophet that was in the work for money, just like some of the TV false prophets today. They beg for money and live like kings, while multitudes of innocent people send them their hard earned money. They are always building colleges, hospitals, TV network satellites, and amusement parks that have a water slide for Jesus. And then we are suppose to keep our mouth shut about these religious charlatans. How can we be silent and be true to God?

Jude exposed "the error of Balaam " (Jude I 1). John exposed "the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication " (Rev. 2:14). This gets right to the heart of the matter, concerning the doctrine of separation. Balaam never did curse Israel even though he wanted the wages that he was offered to do so. The men of Israel committed "whoredom with the daughters of Moab ... and bowed down to their gods " (Num. 25:1,2). Why did they do this? Because Balaam taught Balac how to break down the barrier of separation between the Moabites and the Israelites. We know this to be so because it is plainly stated in Rev. 2:14 and Num. 31:16. This sin resulted in 24,000 men of Israel dying under the judgment of God. (Another good example of Christian Rock)

False teachers are breaking down the barrier of separation between God's people and false religion. There is too little preaching and teaching on the doctrine of separation. Balaam breached the doctrine of personal separation by causing the men of Israel to commit fornication with the Moabite women. He breached the doctrine of ecclesiastical separation by causing the men of Israel to bow down to Baal. This brought a curse upon Israel. Until we get back to teaching the truth about personal and ecclesiastical separation, we can expect the continued widespread havoc that we have today.

It seems to be believed by many that some people are too high and mighty to be named or exposed. Men in high places, pastors of large churches, and those with great radio or TV audiences, are supposedly above criticism. Whatever they may do or say, no matter how contrary to the Bible it may be, is supposedly all right. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Nathan identified the man. There was a man in a very high place who was a secret adulterer. Surely this man who held the highest office in the land could not be rebuked by a lowly unpopular prophet. Nathan went right into the presence of David, revealed the sin in a parable form, and then told the enraged David, "Thou art the man " (II Sam. 12:7).

Hanani named king Jehoshaphat. In many ways Jehoshaphat was a good king, but he mistakenly forgot to practice religious separation. He caused his son to marry wicked king Ahab's daughter. (See II Chron. 18: 1; 21:1-6). He made an alliance with Ahab and went to the battle of Ramoth-gilead with him (II Chron. 18). Hanani "said to King Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord? " (II Chron. 19:2). We have a question for those, "Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord?"

Yes, it is right to expose error and to name those who are in error. It is right to "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 3). It was once delivered and it has never been recalled for revision. We had better beware of "false teachers ... who privily shall bring in damnable heresies " (II Pet. 2: 1). Faithful messengers will warn the sheep of these heretics, and identify them by name. It is not enough to broadly hint of their identity, for the young lambs will not understand and will be destroyed by the wolves.

This tract (No. A-322) is available from:

TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH
1911 34th St.,
P.O. Box 3100
Lubbock, Texas 79452
E. L. Bynum, Pastor

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you get this DVD as I have never seen this?

Where can I get a copy. I would like to view it.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Eze 44:23 And they shall teach my people [the difference] between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

David,
thanks for sharing. I don't know where Rev. Graham is with the Lord now, but he has lead many to Christ and this video is still great way to share the Gospel.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

I would agree except for the fact that Billy Graham has reject the cross, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus/Yeshua as the only way to eternal life.

Jam 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

In public he praised Bill and Hilary Clinton, no man of God, lover of righteousness would do that, no lover of the Gospel of Christ would do that.

I have on DVD Billy Graham, talking to Robert Schuler saying out of his own mouth that there are other ways to eternal life than through the blood of Yeshua, saying that Muslim are saved in their Muslim faith, saying the same of Buddhist, Hindu’s….

Also have him saying the same thing on Larry King…

My Bible say there is one way to eternal life and that is through the shed Blood of Yeshau, no other way.

I can’t say if Billy Graham is saved or not but I know at this moment in time he is a enemy of the cross.

Philippians - Chapter 3

Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Whose end [is] destruction, whose God [is their] belly, and [whose] glory [is] in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video clip:

http://www.jesusclips.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1059396431415e770c6d

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement