Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » What IS a Christian Movie?

Author Topic: What IS a Christian Movie?
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Christians who are very legally minded, like the Pharisees can be hyper-critical. God is a Spirit, we must worship him in spirit and in truth. Yes we should be critical when it comes to the black and white areas of the Christian Faith. Lets face it, alot of non-believers do not like a strict legalistic faith. Jesus said to walk in love forbearing your cross daily. Jesus stated to win the lost at any cost. He also stated, Greater love have no man than this that he lay down his life for a friend. [Kiss]
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneWayFilms
Community Member
Member # 5506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneWayFilms   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are ALL fantastic ideas and answers. Now let me ask, do you think Christians can sometimes be the most critical of "CHRISTIAN" films?

------------------------------------------------
 -

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
proudaunt
Member # 5551

Icon 7 posted      Profile for proudaunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a Christian movie should have strong message that everyone can relate to regardless of their beliefs. Forgiveness and compassion are strong messages that are relevant in all societies and religions. My nephew stars in an upcoming Christian film titled "Between the Walls", which will be released in June 2006. More information is available at www.glowingnose.com. Just click on "Between the Walls". This film deals with forgiveness and compassion, as well as a personal search for faith. Please tell your friends about the site and the movie. I think my nephew will be a big star someday!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[type] If I were to watch a movie, I would like it to be kosher, sentimental and teach Christian values. Believe it or not I have always thought Polyana! Was a Christian movie even if it was not intended to be so! For me the word Christian has so many meanings. The lost can only be captivated if it identifies with their plight and then find a solution. You see most Americans are nominal in belief being as that is- they probably only understand Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. We live in a Judeo-Christian soceity and its' foundation is quickly erroding away. One of the most recent movie I watch was called "JOSHUA". I rented it from Blockbuster. But only a Christian could identify with its' meaning because it was in code. Not to knock Catholics but most of the potrait of anything Christ-like has been dealt with a Catholic point of view and most of the time offers no true identification with salvation or a closer walk with Jesus. I am currently writing a book called,- "Hidden Within the Soul"- Armaggedon is so fast approaching, death is all around, moral values are shot, and Christians who truly identify with Christ are starting to go underground! [Cross] [Bible] [Kiss]
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrotherJoe
Member # 5526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrotherJoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Christian movies should be a message to capture the hearts and minds of the lost. It should be used to plant the seed of slavation and be used as a tool for evangelism. 'Christiano Films' have a lot of good examples of this. Also, there are many Billy Graham movies like A Vow To Cherish amd Flywheel. Flywheel is really good !
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chaplain Bob, I saw it too! It was wonderful.

God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe films should be used to reach the lost. Today, while the unsaved will not darken the door of a church, they will flock to theatres and they watch a lot of TV. We need to produce films that speak to them in today's language of the need to surrender their lives to God. Not the Mary and Joseph and Jesus in white sheets bit. One of the most impressive films I've seen recently is titled "The Perfect Stranger". It's a 2005 production and centers around a woman having a converstation with Jesus, in a business suit, in a restaurant.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My expectation of a Christian movie is one that glorifies Jesus Christ of the bible. That would mean not bad language,no nudity and no evil violence.I enjoyed watching Narnia.I don't go to the movies anymore because of all the evil and worldly messages.I used to love to go to the movies [Frown] <><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneWayFilms
Community Member
Member # 5506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneWayFilms   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an amature Christian filmmaker, I would like to know what people think a Chriustian movie is or SHOULD be? What are your expectations for a Christian film?

-------------------------------------------
 -

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement