Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » The message of Brokeback Mountain

Author Topic: The message of Brokeback Mountain
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The devil is very crafty. He doesn't portray these two guys as sneeking around in a dark alley somewhere, but they are two hardworking cowboys who find themselves in an unplanned 'beautiful and sweet' relationship. Homosexuality is under the guise of being very tastefully done, with everyone's emotions really being caught up feeling sorry for these two guys and their lost love.

There is no nudity and apparently there is only one kissing scene, where it is photographed from a distance with the wife of one of the characters accidentally seeing them out of an upstairs window.

It is based on the book by the same name and some consider it the greatest love story every told.

The cast of Unbroke Mountain was on Oprah recently. Here are a couple comments on her message board.

"I have seen Brokeback Mountain twice and both times I could not sleep all night long. I could feel the heartache and the pain of lost love.. It makes me want to find love again after leaving a bad relationship 6 years ago."

"first heard about BBM a few months back, waited until it finanly came to Las Vegas on Dec 30. I have seen it 5 times. No movie, ever has affected me the way BBM has. Finanly a movie that shows that 2 men do fall in love and it's not all about sex or drugs or drag queens or any of the other sterotypes. The direction is excellant, the acting us un touchable!! I applaud Heath and Jake for taking on such a role and for doing it more justice than could ever be expected!! BBM shows that Love has no color, sound, sex, it just IS. If you havent seen the movie yet, see it, gay or straight. It will move you in ways you never thought possible."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the message of Brokeback Mountain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know where to put this, so you guys can move it if you need, but I woke up with this on my heart this morning and I wanted to share it. Yesterday, I watched the trailer of Brokeback Mountain. My husband had been telling me about people calling Ten Sleep looking to find where Brokeback Mountain is because it is supposed to be in the Cloud Peak Wilderness area and then I read haow it had been nominated for 8 Academy awards and there was a link to watch the trailer so I did. There was one scene that kept playing in my mind. It was of the two men embracing at this place where I guess they go to meet and tell their families that they have gone fishing. The one pushes the other away and says " I wish that I could quit you."

All I have heard about this movie is how it is the Hollywood political agenda to have us accept the homosexual lifestyle. Really that is where the lines have been drawn and the enemy has set up this US against THEM situation, where we feel that this is just one more attempt at pushing the homosexual agenda and legitimizing the homosexual lifestyle and they see us as a bunch of Bible thumping ignoramouses who want to make them accept our version of morality.

But watching that trailer made me think on this....

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Is it the agenda of the powers and principalities of Darkness in this world that "they" (the liberals) see us as a bunch of Bible thumping ignoramouses? Do the powers and principalities of this world have any interest in trying to get the Born Again Bible believing Christian to accept a homosexual lifestyle and agenda?

Perhaps to some degree... perhaps to the degree that it keeps us busy fighting each other... perhaps to the degree that it causes Christians to be persecuted... but who cares if we are persecuted? Do we fear the one that can destroy the body in this life? To live is Christ to die gain!

So what is the real agenda of the powers and principalities of Darkness? What is really at stake? Where is the greatest vulnerability?

This morning I woke up feeling that it is "souls". The agenda of the enemy is to keep souls in bondage and to completely devour those whom he can devour.

Some souls are in bondage and are devoured because they dont see that the practice of homosexuality is sin and they are in bondage to the lusts of their flesh and not knowing Christ or being born again have no hope of being free They dont know that they are in bondage and they like this lifestyle. They are not and cannot be subject to the laws of God.

Others are in bondage because they believe that they cannot do anything about it. They are just powerless over their genetic makeup or over the natural force of love.

Is that not the very message of this movie? " You cant help who you love... Love is a force of nature." Those very words "Love is a force of nature." are used in the trailer of this movie.

The main characters in this movie find themselves powerless to do what they want to do and that is not be in this relationship.

That whole message is antithesis of the message of Christ.

It occurs to me that while the enemy has us battling the flesh and blood world over conservative/liberal political agendas and the legitimization of the homosexual lifestyle, the powers and pricipalities of darkness are having a hayday with the harvest of SOULS that are being brainwashed at every turn against the truth and the truth being that homosexuality is sin and not something that some are powerless over because love is a force of nature.

So what?

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;19 ¶ And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Know the enemy and the enemy is not the deceived liberals that promote this lifestyle. The enemy is the one roaming about seeking to devour souls and many are being devoured and souls lost for lack of knoweldge. we need to be in prayer that they be saved before they are devoured. Others are saved and in bondage because they dont understand that they are free.

Time is so short folks. You may be the only one praying for a Lot that is vexed in Sodom. PRAY for the Lost... Pray for those in bondage. Tell them that Christ has died and is risen and they can be free.

I just feel this overwhelming feeling that the church ought be in our closets and on our knees in prayer for all those who are going to watch this film and hear that message that there is no power against this... that homosexual love is a "force of nature" over which they have no choice or no control.

My God have mercy, there are people sitting in pews in main stream churches that are hearing that very same message.

That ought to be driving us to prayer that someone be sent to speak the truth to these people. SOULS are at stake. Time is short. If someone is sitting in a church pew feeling saved and is not feeling a convicition of the Spirit that homosexuality is abomination to God then there is something wrong... seriously wrong, and when people are getting the message in church that God is so all loving that he saves us and then leaves us to wallow in our sin then something is wrong and the so called church is creating it.

I am not saying that there is not a movement toward the legitimizing of this lifestyle in society for surely there is, but I am saying that it should not keep us to busy battling people of different political agendas that we forget to pray for the SOULS that are at stake. That is the real power in the church... the God of all creation hears our prayers. Please pray for the innocent that will be deceived by the lies of this movie. It is a horrible sad thing that so many are deceived. Yes, it is a sad thing that Hollywood has produced yet another movie that will glorify this abomination, but that is not so sad as the souls that will be bound or worse because of the real life and soul destroying message that is buried ever so cleverly in this movie by the real enemy.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement