Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » Brokeback Mountain

Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for the sequal to " Brokeback Mountain " called "Bendedknee Valley". It's where the two cowboys find themselves in such a low point in their lives, they realize what a mess they've made of things, and they cry out in desperation before God. Then they find real love in Christ--not condemnation, but only grace. They go on their knees before the Lord, weeping, and repent of their sin, selfish ways and destructive lifestyle. They go to the altar for forgiveness and healing before church elders. Then they restore their relationships with their wives and family, and become the real men that God intended them to be.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the truth!
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SrvnHim:
Why is it, that when Christians mention our dislike and lack of support for the homosexual lifestyle, we are "forcing our religion" (or lifestyle, if you will) upon people, yet, Hollywood can promote it in movies, on tv shows, and even some schools in the U.S. have homosexual support groups for their students. Is this not forcing their lifestyle upon us? Why do they not see it that way?

When it is of the devil, he doesn't rock the boat. The devil only attacks and comes against justice when there is a possibility that Christ and the cross are invoved.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it, that when Christians mention our dislike and lack of support for the homosexual lifestyle, we are "forcing our religion" (or lifestyle, if you will) upon people, yet, Hollywood can promote it in movies, on tv shows, and even some schools in the U.S. have homosexual support groups for their students. Is this not forcing their lifestyle upon us? Why do they not see it that way?
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are correct in saying that most everything out there to watch will include some kind of gay or lesbian content. Me and my wife were talking the other day how there are no good sitcoms on tv anymore. Somehow; hollywood agenda; there always is a gay content to it.
Even when most of the people you know do not watch these shows, they get a high market value; hollywood agenda.
What I say next is by no means racist or prejudiced in any way. But look at how good the show about a woman president is doing. I tried watching it, didn't like the acting in it, Never watched it again, but everyone I know who has watched it says the same thing. Now I realize my little corner of this world doesn't control all. But you have to think there are more like this out there and yet the show is doing great; hollywood agenda.
The media and press use their power too greatly. In the case of the last show I mentioned, wouldn't it seem fair to think they are promoting this to get us ready for hillary clinton to run for president?
They are certainly using brokeback mountain to promote a gay lifestyle that destroys marriage, upsets families and likely destroys a persons soul towards God.
But yet, if we voice our opinion against any of this, we are labeled a right wing fundelmentist. That to me is a lot harder to spell than "Christian". I cannot and will not accept, defend or support any type of gay lifestyle. I will pity those, even pray for those that are involved in it. But to support by going to the movie itself, no I will not.
I have a friend who will not go to a movie if the actor doesn't allign with his views, he won't go. I, myself am not that bad, but I'm starting to lean that way

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is disheartening the attention a movie like this has received. It is truly unfortunate the way homosexuality has become the "cool" thing. The Holy Spirit has convicted me about watching movies and even the majority of TV shows as they continue to decline in displaying any type of morality.

Recently, I was visiting some friends and they wanted to rent a movie, so we rented a PG movie about soccer that has Will Farrell in it (can't remember the name). My friends have a three year old that watched the movie with us, since it was supposed to be a "family" movie. And, of course, there ended up being a lesbian couple in the movie.

I have spent the last seven years working in an office environment, so I found the TV show "The Office" to be pretty funny. And, of course, in the most recent episode, there is now a gay couple. It seems like you can't watch any TV show these days without some glorification of homosexuality. Not to mention the newest show, "The Book of Daniel", which I'm sure has already been discussed at length somewhere on the board.

Anyway, just my two cents.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dondi:
I'm sorry if I came across as thinking you were gay. I did not have that idea in my mind at all.

Don't worry about it dondi. I didn't think you thought I was gay. [Big Grin]

By your response, I just thought my post looked like I possibly was heralding 'great strides??' in the gay/lesbian community.

dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry if I came across as thinking you were gay. I did not have that idea in my mind at all. I was just gonna put in a nice response but I got to thinking about the subject and I kinda got mad about it.
It really makes me sick to think about what hollyweird wants us to believe is right and politicaly correct. If you knew me personally, you would find that I am the most politically incorrect person you have ever met. I do think about what I should say to appease the masses when I talk, but I have to put my beliefsa out there also.
I tend to ramble a bit when certainn subjects come about. So, forgive me if I do, like I am now

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree dondi. I can see from my post that my position wasn't made too clear, but I just want to say that I don't support the homosexual lifestyle in any way.
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

This movie was nothing more that a deception since Passion of the Christ came out and showed the world who Christ was and is. There is a theory of a gay agenda in hollyweird. I am almost inclined to believe that there is. They market this movie as a a tender love story but it is nothing short of sin on a stick.
I try to be nice toward gay people but when it comes to throwing this trash on the tv( in the ads for it ), basically pushing it in my face, I find it very offending. I have to switch the channel quick so I don't have to explain to my 6 year old what it is about. I don't think a 6 year old should have to know at that time in their life.
Yes, I have the choice to turn the channel.
I have the choice not to go to the movie (and I won't)
But when a small section of the population determines their view needs to be heard and seen in the public, nevermind the consequences, I tend to get a little more than irritated. They can always come back and say I am trying to force my religious views upon them. Well, yes I am. I have been told to by none other than Jesus Himself. Mark 16:15 says " And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." So, if you are gonna get into this movie with me, well you better expect a long and lengthy debate over it. As I seem to have done here. LOL

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A sign of the times, showing what we have come to -
What once was considered to be disgusting and repulsive is now being portrayed as being beautiful and sensitive.

Brokeback Mountain, which is about two gay cowboys, picked up four awards at the Golden Globe Awards on Tuesday night, which included best picture of the year for 2005.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement