Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Author Topic: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bat Elohim:
I've read some of his other stuff, too ... like "suprised by Joy" which tells about his conversion to Christianity.

I have never read any of his material. I bet "Surprised by Joy" would be very interesting. Apparently he was a very reluctant Christian and finally came to the Lord kicking and screaming. It shows God had great plans for his life, and wouldn't let him go until he made a serious born-again commitment.

This is is part of an article which originally came from The Sunday Times, London.

quote:
C.S Lewis letter confirms Narnia story is about Christ-
A theory that CS. Lewsi buried a Christian message in his popular children's books has been proven by the discovery of any unpublished letter.

In the letter sent to a child fan in 1961, Mr. Lewis writes. " The whole Narnian story is about Christ." (It has been found by Walter Hooper, literary adviser to the Lewsi estate.)

Dougles Gresham, Mr. Lewis' stepson, said recently: "Churches in Britain and America are promoting the film as a Christian film, but it's not -and the Narnia books aren't Christan novels."

Again from the text of one of Lewis's letters. -

"Supposing there really was a world like Narnia - supposing Christ wanted to go into that world and save it (as he did ours) what might have happened" he wrote.
"The stories are my answer. Since Narnia is a world of talking beasts, I thought he would become a talking beast there, as he became a man here. I pictured him becoming a lion there because a.) the lion is supposed to be the king of beasts;b) Christ is the 'the lion of Judah' in the Bible."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he was an atheist at one time. But that was before he wrote the Chronicles of Narnia.

Ya'll should also read the Screwtape Letters. Those are good too.

I've read some of his other stuff, too ... like "suprised by Joy" which tells about his conversion to Christianity.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ethan:
Oh, and Lewis never meant the books to be an allegory. He was actually an atheist at one time.

Maybe at one time, but he became a Christian and that turned his whole life around.
Ethan
Member # 5370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really interested in Narnia. The books were good but the movie just looks blah.

Oh, and Lewis never meant the books to be an allegory. He was actually an atheist at one time.

--------------------
There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 2 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PastorLove took me to see this lastnight. ANd to use a word that I reserve for Christian things... it was Awesome!!!

It touched my heart in a way few movies have. One can sense the love,the friction between good and evil, and the pain and the triumph of the right and good. Wont say anymore here,as I don't want this to be a spoiler! If you enjoy a good movie,especially allegory Go See It!!!

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son's Preacher is preaching a series on this.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe opened in theatres to-day in Canada and the U.S.

If you want a safe alternative to Harry Potter movies and books, I believe C.S. Lewis' work, as a Christian, would much more preferable than JK Rowling's, who admittedly has done some deep research into the occult and witchcraft. Apparently the movie has strong Christian overtones.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement