Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » Christ portrayed in movies

Author Topic: Christ portrayed in movies
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Evangelism33,

Great topic of discussion!

I was thrilled with "Joshua." This great little movie portrayed what it might be like if Jesus were to step into humanity in the 21st century.

Of course, each one of us has the eternal opportunity of experiencing "Jesus within us" each and every day and I felt this movie was a reminder to me that I need to die to self daily.

--------------------
Shofar

Posts: 24 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some say jesus looked like we see him portrayed as a auscasian with brown hair and fair features. Others may say he'd look different. Since he was born in Isreal, would he have Hebrew features or have more tanned skin and maybe black ahir and curly hair?

I've also thought since Jesus was the son of God, maybe he looked like every race combined. By this, I'm thinking of multi racial peole Like the charectar max on Dark Angel (how Jessica Alba looked before bleaching her hair.) She looked like a bit of every race, part asian, ppart mexican or spanish etc. And, even if he did look like the caucasian image he is portrayed, I still think it would be neat to see him as a combination of every race. Or, to see what he would lok like with dark skin, brown skin, if he were Asian and all that. I've wondered too if he could look different to each person's interpretation. By this, if you are Asian, he may look Asian. If you are very fair skin with pale hair, he could look like your ethnicity. In a way, hed be a reflection of yourself. I've seen a collage once of many tiny tiny pictures of different races and different peole all put together where far away, you see the face of Jesus. It was very intelligent and profound and neat.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evangelism33
Member # 4739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evangelism33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been some prominent movies recently tackling the issues of religion and portraying Christ etc....

of course the Passion, Saved!, and the like....

are there any films you particularly think portray these things in the best way and on the flip side the worst way?

what kind of portayal would you like to see?

and what interests you in a movie of this relation?

Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement