Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Christian Video Clips, Movies , Church Webs TV   » The Passion of the Christ

Author Topic: The Passion of the Christ
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, I am posting here because David's question was address to those who have acually seen the movie, not to those who are reading and commenting on what others are saying.

I have just returned from seeing “The Passion”.

The very first thing I want to say is thank you Mel Gibson for the beautiful expression of the death and resurrection of my Lord and Savior Yeshua, The Christ. I was greatly moved by your portal of the event. From my study of the Scriptures you truthfully kept with the Gospel. I did see places I might have told it different but they would be trivial in the light of the message you conveyed. I pray you the love of the Lord and Savoir and that I may some day meet you in Glory.

Words fail to express how I felt as I watched “The Passion”, but I will try.

Yahweh for the passed couple of weeks has through the Holy Spirit been repeatedly saying the same thing “Love” and “Mercy” as I watched this movie; those words continually ran through my mind.

The Love and Mercy Yahweh has shown me. The debt of my sin is so great; and what I would be without His Grace.

I have not been to a theater since 1994 when I brought my girls to see a Muppet movie.

There was no rock music at all in the movie “The Passion”

The brutalness, which I heard so much about, was not as graphic as I believe it really was and what the Scriptures teach. His face in the movie was still recognizable; as for the Scriptures it says His face was marred beyond recognition. The Scripture says His beard was plucked from His face.

I wept through the whole movie. Oh for the love that He showed for all, even His enemies.

I am still very much apposed to the Roman Catholic Church and everything it stands for, but I saw nothing that would cause anyone to want to become a Catholic.

I was very Blessed by it.

P.S.
There was one offensive movie promo at the beginning, but no more offensive than going to Wal Mart and seeing pictures of models in bras and panties or driving down the highway and having to see the billboards.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone goes to see "The Passion of the Christ" today. Please let us know if you liked it or not.

Actually just comment at the below thread:

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001844;p=4

Thanks.
[type]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement